U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:36 PM

7,878 posts, read 7,612,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
He's saying that when a man engages in homosexual activity, the heavens shake and God gets angry - and this is where thunder and lightning come from.

My science teacher was clearly mistaken in his explanation! We've had weather-control dooms-day devives all along - they have been right under our noses the whole time. I think it's time that we harness this power!
Thanks. That does make sense. Your translation that is, not Manss' silly assertion.

For myself, I am going to stick with natural explanations for weather and natural disasters. Things like pressure zones, moving continental plates, that type of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 04:46 PM

7,878 posts, read 7,612,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
He's saying that when a man engages in homosexual activity, the heavens shake and God gets angry - and this is where thunder and lightning come from.

My science teacher was clearly mistaken in his explanation! We've had weather-control dooms-day devives all along - they have been right under our noses the whole time. I think it's time that we harness this power!
Just thought a bit more about this.

Imagine if this were true. The only way to to predict the weather would be to peak into homosexual bedrooms. No sex, good weather. A few people having sex, partly cloudy. Lots of sex, bring your umbrella.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:48 PM

3,488 posts, read 3,160,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Just thought a bit more about this.

Imagine if this were true. The only way to to predict the weather would be to peak into homosexual bedrooms. No sex, good weather. A few people having sex, partly cloudy. Lots of sex, bring your umbrella.
Heh heh! I proposed this strange theory of Manss' to a friend and he agreed to give it a go. My neighbor, a former botanist from Sarasota's Selby Botanical Gardens, was excited at the prospect this offered for his collection of rare plants and the money he would save on his water bill, so he was more than happy to spend a small amount of money (that would have been reserved for his water bill) on a few bottles of wine to help lubricate this very scientific, controlled experiment.

Alas! Manss' proposed theory seems to be a failure, and my neighbor is out the cost of some liquid happiness. My friend, on the other hand, had a good time anyways.
Perhaps we are missing some crucial aspect in the ceremony? Perhaps the amount of participants?

Old 12-22-2011, 02:25 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,087,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
whoppers, what I wrote it is origin gods talking to human and origin adventure of Lots folk in Sodom. That nation perished because of homosexuality no inhospitality if not, god never does punishment a nation for inhospitality. That three gusts were three angel in shape of very beautiful young , they had come behalf god to eradicate that folk and destroy their town (I can't explain all the adventure now because my English is not fast and perfect ,also it is late and I am tired ) that angels came to Lots house and said to him : you and your family (his daughters ) go out from city at morn and keep away how much is possible because this city and all its population will be destroyed. when Lot and his daughter went out from that city and went far away that angels destroyed that city and perished that folk entirely I have heard that angels separated that city from ground and raised it up to height then overturned it and knocked it to ground hardly as didn't remain any sign of that city and its habitancy That view was so as terrific nobody could tolerate seeing it.
Sadly, you actually believe this stuff. The entire Lot story and the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was always just an allegory (look it up...) designed to frighten the goat-herding masses into subjugation. As usual.

You really are down in a dark and uninspiring cave, Manss. I pity you for having to live with such a tragic, frightening and un-educated world view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I love to take photo's of clouds ect....... I have a full memory card full of weather related photographs and I could never believe that such beauty could ever come from something evil.

I didn't take this one, it's an Asperatus cloud. Awesome, rare and totally the work of Mother Nature.
Very lovely, Pamela! Tried to rep you on it, but nope. Not for now anyhow.

But... don't I see a Satan's Head in there??? I'm sure......

Old 12-22-2011, 02:41 PM

3,488 posts, read 3,160,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
We need a sub forum for conspiracy theorists. A nice little place with happy colors on the virtual walls and calm people to help them.
Ha ha! We can hand out Xanax and tinfoil hats, too.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:02 AM

6 posts, read 4,031 times
Most of us know the story behind man's creation - the one that began when Allah created Adam. That story is narrated in detail in the Quran and also mentions the incidents that followed man's beginning. After Adam was created, Allah told Iblees (one from the Jinns) to prostrate to Adam but Iblees refused to follow Allah's orders. That was also the beginning of evil when Iblees took on the role of Satan and started misguiding men and women.

Reflecting on that event is important to understand the reality about Shaitaan (Satan) and how Satan is active in our lives. The article below provides that background and how Satan pushes us toward temptation as well as plays with our reasoning abilities to make us argue against the truth and the commandments of Allah.

What's notable is that despite actively engaged in misguiding us, on the Day of Judgment, Satan will state the truth about what he really believed all along. Allah tells us in the Quran (Suarh Ibraheem) about what Satan will say (to mankind) on the Day of Judgment.

"And Shaitan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: 'Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers)'" (Surah Ibraheem: Verse 22)

For those of us who fall into Satan's trap often, this is something to ponder about. Even Satan knows that what Allah has promised us is the truth. Instead, Satan will put the blame on men and women to have followed him.

Read the article below for more on this and to learn some of the ways that can prevent us from falling in Satan's trap.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 AM

67 posts, read 92,425 times
Default New York 2012 and SuperStorm Sandy

That was a strange set of atmospheric conditions that refused to let Superstorm Sandy out to the Ocean and instead directed in inland on New York. A week later and many are without food and power and facing a Noreaster Storm Tonight. I updated my blog

Old 11-08-2012, 10:15 AM

34,883 posts, read 9,010,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlaan7 View Post
Most of us know the story behind man's creation - the one that began when Allah created Adam. That story is narrated in detail in the Quran and also mentions the incidents that followed man's beginning. After Adam was created, Allah told Iblees (one from the Jinns) to prostrate to Adam but Iblees refused to follow Allah's orders. That was also the beginning of evil when Iblees took on the role of Satan and started misguiding men and women.

Reflecting on that event is important to understand the reality about Shaitaan (Satan) and how Satan is active in our lives. The article below provides that background and how Satan pushes us toward temptation as well as plays with our reasoning abilities to make us argue against the truth and the commandments of Allah.

What's notable is that despite actively engaged in misguiding us, on the Day of Judgment, Satan will state the truth about what he really believed all along. Allah tells us in the Quran (Suarh Ibraheem) about what Satan will say (to mankind) on the Day of Judgment.

"And Shaitan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: 'Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers)'" (Surah Ibraheem: Verse 22)

For those of us who fall into Satan's trap often, this is something to ponder about. Even Satan knows that what Allah has promised us is the truth. Instead, Satan will put the blame on men and women to have followed him.

Read the article below for more on this and to learn some of the ways that can prevent us from falling in Satan's trap.
Thank you...which article was the below (underlining mine) one? You couldn't possibly have just cut and paste your post and not noticed there was supposed to be a linkie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality