U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2009, 08:12 AM
 
4,669 posts, read 3,926,610 times
Reputation: 409

Advertisements

New book:

Amazon.com: You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence, But You Can't Make Him Think: Answers to Questions from Angry Skeptics: Ray Comfort: Books

#34 best selling in "Atheist" books. It was #37 a couple days ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Downtown Omaha
1,362 posts, read 4,132,601 times
Reputation: 519
Ray Comfort is not a scientist. He's something of a comedian but the proper word escapes me at the moment. I've seen him in person, heard him speak, and used to have some of his books when I was a believer.

He is a quack.

This man (along with Kirk Cameron) believes that BANANAS are proof of god's existance because they're shaped like the human hand and easy to open.

WHAT?!?!?!

What about all of these other blasphemous fruits then? Watermelons aren't easy to hold, most fruits are shaped for the closed hand, and those unholy coconuts sure as hell AREN'T easy to open.

For anyone looking for a good laugh go to youtube and look up Kirk Cameron, Ray Comfort. You won't be disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
1,090 posts, read 1,958,234 times
Reputation: 612
Ray Comfort's a nitwit. And that's not an "Atheist" book. It's a book about atheism (thatis filled with typical Christian straw man arguements, circular logic, and anti-atheism spiels) by a Christian author (I'm using that term loosely in conjection with Mr. Comfort.). It's a book for fundamentalist Christian dingbats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 08:34 AM
 
3,628 posts, read 9,053,121 times
Reputation: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
It's a book for fundamentalist Christian dingbats.
So it would be a good read for many of the posters on here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Blankity-blank!
11,449 posts, read 13,979,123 times
Reputation: 6877
"Review
I find it so encouraging that in these challenging times of 'culture wars,' Christian leaders like my friend Ray Comfort are passionately defending the authority of the Bible from its very first verse. --Ken Ham, president of Answers in Genesis

Ray Comfort has once again laid hold of the greatest power on earth, the power of the Gospel. Here he brings that power to bear, makes that light to shine in the darkest corners of our times, among fools. He proclaims with fidelity and winsomeness, remembering that such were once we, walking in the paths of darkness. --Dr. R.C. Sproul, Jr."

Both reviews say nothing of substance. "winsomeness"?
Unfortunately, the link doesn't provide any sample questions or answers.
Life is too short to read crappy books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 08:57 AM
 
4,669 posts, read 3,926,610 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Both reviews say nothing of substance. "winsomeness"?
Unfortunately, the link doesn't provide any sample questions or answers.
Life is too short to read crappy books.

Yet...you spend hours a day posting on internet message boards...

I just find it interesting that he gets under the skin of atheists as much as he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Downtown Omaha
1,362 posts, read 4,132,601 times
Reputation: 519
It's because he has no credibility on the subject and even in the face of all his "evidence" being debunked he still soldiers on and people believe him.

People would get mad at me if I proclaimed myself to be an expert on brain surgery but I've never been to any kind of doctor school and just based all my knowledge on watching shows like ER and Scrubs. It would be one thing to do that but it's a another thing entirely that people would actually put any stock into what I have to say. That's why Ray Comfort bugs people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 AM
 
2,955 posts, read 6,645,204 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I just find it interesting that he gets under the skin of atheists as much as he does.
Really? That a wacky fundamental Christian author upsets atheists is interesting? It's pretty much a foregone conclusion.
Maybe this'll interest you as well: The sun rose today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 09:23 AM
 
1,788 posts, read 4,163,694 times
Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I just find it interesting that he gets under the skin of atheists as much as he does.
He does? Since when? The only reaction I've seen to him from atheists is laughter and a lot of justifiable mocking.

I find him an endless source of amusement. He's the perfect idiot to poke fun at. The banana thing? Pretty funny that the banana he used to "prove" the existence of god is a result of genetic engineering -- by humans. The real, original banana is nothing like it at all, and certainly isn't "designed" for the human hand.

Ray Comfort is a quintessential moron and as such is only useful to be laughed at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 12:24 PM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,088 posts, read 12,747,931 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Really? That a wacky fundamental Christian author upsets atheists is interesting? It's pretty much a foregone conclusion.
Maybe this'll interest you as well: The sun rose today.
There are also sun rays today, nothing mythological about that. As long as christers deal in facts not opinion, we get along a lot better, when they start spewing myths, we tend to turn off, falls under the basic premise of considering the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top