U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 AM

857 posts, read 1,230,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i think that in islam we have many detailes about heaven from quran and saying of prophet of islam mohammed (pbuh)

God said in quran what means:
“The description of Paradise which the Muttaqoon have been promised is that in it are rivers of water, the taste and smell of which are never changed. Rivers of milk the taste of which will remain unchanged. Rivers of wine that will be delicious to those who drink from it and rivers of clear, pure honey. For them will be every kind of fruit and forgiveness form their Lord." [47:15]

in another beutifull verse
"And their recompense shall be Paradise, and silken garments, because they were patient. Reclining on raised thrones, they will see there neither the excessive heat of the sun, nor the excessive bitter cold, (as in Paradise there is no sun and no moon). The shade will be close upon them, and bunches of fruit will hang low within their reach. Vessels of silver and cups of crystal will be passed around amongst them, crystal-clear, made of silver. They will determine the measure of them according to their wishes. They will be given a cup (of wine) mixed with Zanjabeel, and a fountain called Salsabeel. Around them will (serve) boys of perpetual youth. If you see them, you would think they are scattered pearls. When you look there (in Paradise) you will see a delight (that can not be imagined), and a Great Dominion. Their garments will be of fine green silk and gold embroidery. They will be adorned with bracelets of silver, and their Lord will give them a pure drink." [76:12-21]

Eternal youth will be the state of existence for those who inhabit Paradise. The food of Paradise is so pure that their bodies will not produce any wastes, only sweat whose fragrance is musk.

And even though Allah describes Paradise for us in the Qur'an, He still says,

"So no soul knows the delights of the eyes which is hidden for them; a reward for what they did." [32:17]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) clearly stated in his description of Paradise that in it there is “what an eye has not seen, what en ear has not heard and what has not crossed the heart of a human.” All the physical descriptions of Paradise mentioned in the Qur’an and Sunnah are merely but examples of what Allah has promised His righteous believers.

the hadith states that there will be what not had crossed the ‘heart’ of humans. It does not say the ‘mind’, but the ‘heart’. The heart longs more and dreams more than the logical mind. The mind might have limits in its dreams. It is limited by logic and by what is ‘possible’. As for the heart, it only longs and dreams of what it wants and loves, whether it is logical or not.
Here is my problem when you give any details of what heaven would be like: Everybody's tastes are different, one person may love wine while others detest it, so a river of wine would not necessarily be paradise to everyone. or does every person get their own paradise with rivers of whatever their favorite beverage is? and woudln't u get bored with whatever drink/food you r given considering u have eternity?? Is all we do in heaven is eat and drink and be young??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 12:54 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,993,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
Here is my problem when you give any details of what heaven would be like: Everybody's tastes are different, one person may love wine while others detest it, so a river of wine would not necessarily be paradise to everyone. or does every person get their own paradise with rivers of whatever their favorite beverage is? and woudln't u get bored with whatever drink/food you r given considering u have eternity?? Is all we do in heaven is eat and drink and be young??
we believe that whatever you want in paradise , you will get it , this is the simplest defenation i ever can say

anyway , in which things can you find the pleasure with !

Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
Something in-between Paris and San Francisco
the frigid North Atlantic?

Old 03-02-2009, 10:33 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,723,824 times
Quote:
What is heaven?
Heaven is a word that describes a mythological "place" where dead people are happy that they are dead.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 PM

2,660 posts, read 3,208,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
Something in-between Paris and San Francisco
North Georgia. It's a known truth that more people from Georgia go to heaven than from anywhere else.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,819,645 times
Heaven? Hmmm.... All you can eat sea food buffet and never gaining an ounce!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:31 AM

11,787 posts, read 2,109,606 times
Quote:
we believe that whatever you want in paradise , you will get it , this is the simplest defenation i ever can say

Makes sense to me. What I want is to be eight years old and lying on my back on my grandma's lawn, looking at the stars on a summer night. Oh, and a little bit of riding my new bike.

Some old-fashioned Christmas might be nice too.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:31 AM

339 posts, read 1,059,147 times
Heaven sounds like quite a dull place to me, (although a river of wine could be fun), and with the types of people that are apparently going there it would get all very tedious.

I think all the interesting people in this world will be found in hell.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,774,281 times
If I may paraphrase what George Orwell wrote about Room 101 in "1984," you know what's in heaven. Everyone knows what's in heaven.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:43 PM

857 posts, read 1,230,812 times
Quote:

what if I want to spend eternity with the victoria secret models on a greek island??? I somehow doubt their idea of heaven is eternity with me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality