U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:10 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,346,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Amen, Birdy. Thank you for sharing.

We are using different translations. Many scholars believe that the word which has been translated as "eternal" in some translations is an incorrect translation and is to be translated as "of or relating to an age, age lasting, age during"

"and these shall go away to punishment age - during but the righteous to life age - during" (Young's Literal)

2 thess. 1:9
9who shall suffer justice -- destruction age-during -- from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of his strength,
(YLT)

Isaiah 33:14
14Afraid in Zion have been sinners, Seized hath trembling the profane: Who doth dwell for us -- consuming fire, Who doth dwell for us -- burnings of the age? (YLT)

17and to the King of the ages, the incorruptible, invisible, only wise God, [is] honour and glory -- to the ages of the ages! Amen." (YLT)

13and every creature that is in the heaven, and in the earth, and under the earth, and the things that are upon the sea, and the all things in them, heard I saying, `To Him who is sitting upon the throne, and to the Lamb, [is] the blessing, and the honour, and the glory, and the might -- to the ages of the ages!' (YLT)

3and a second time they said, `Alleluia;' and her smoke doth come up -- to the ages of the ages! (YLT)

10and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages." (YLT)

8`And if thy hand or thy foot doth cause thee to stumble, cut them off and cast from thee; it is good for thee to enter into the life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast to the fire the age-during. (YLT)

I believe that many will experience the severe judgments of God. God is calling us to come to Him today, however, I also believe that eventually all will be subjected to Him so that He may be all in all. We can come today willingly or face the severe judgments of God, be broken later, but we will all come. Jesus said that He would draw all men to Himself. (John 12) and it was God’s good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself (Colossians 1) God bless.
You believe that everyone will eventually come to Jesus, but the bible does not say that. Jesus says that everyone who says lord lord will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

The bible is not based on what we think, it is based on what is in the bible and it never says anything about Hell being temporary. Yes, it is God';s good pleasure, but not everyone will come to Jesus and He said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 07:59 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,825,686 times
Quote:
You believe that everyone will eventually come to Jesus, but the bible does not say that. Jesus says that everyone who says lord lord will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Hi Shawn, I believe that everyone will eventually come to Jesus because I believe that this is presented in the Christian scriptures. No, all will not enter at the same time but eventually all are to be reunited in Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1) Eventually all will be subjected to God so that He may be all in all. God sent Jesus on a mission to be the Savior of the world. I believe that this mission will be accomplished. Many will not come to Him today. Eventually all will come to Him.

Psalms 22:
27. All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations will worship before You.
28. For the kingdom is the LORD'S
And He rules over the nations.
29. All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship,
All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep his soul alive

Quote:
The bible is not based on what we think, it is based on what is in the bible and it never says anything about Hell being temporary. Yes, it is God';s good pleasure, but not everyone will come to Jesus and He said that.
I agree that the Bible is not based on what we think. My beliefs come from the scriptures. I believe that it does say that punishment is for/during the age (s) and is not eternal. Jesus said that He would draw all men to Himself.

John 12:31-32
31now is a judgment of this world, now shall the ruler of this world be cast forth;
32and I, if I may be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto myself.' (YLT)

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-16-2009 at 08:49 PM..

Old 03-16-2009, 08:58 PM

21,422 posts, read 29,562,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
That's not what the bible says. Give me one scripture that says that Hell is temporary.
Get ready to hear Scripture twisted.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Shawn, I believe that everyone will eventually come to Jesus because I believe that this is presented in the Christian scriptures. No, all will not enter at the same time but eventually all are to be reunited in Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1) Eventually all will be subjected to God so that He may be all in all. God sent Jesus on a mission to be the Savior of the world. I believe that this mission will be accomplished. Many will not come to Him today. Eventually all will come to Him.

I agree that the Bible is not based on what we think. My beliefs come from the scriptures. I believe that it does say that punishment is for/during the age (s) and is not eternal. Jesus said that He would draw all men to Himself. (John 12). God bless.
As I read the bible it does not say anything about some eventually coming to Jesus.

But it is very clear that who will receive the Kingdom and who want. I can't say that everyone will receive the Kingdom of God when the bible does not say that.

When talking about Hell there are many versions and translation. Some versions changed certain words to the bible would not sound so scary to people. The word Holy Ghost was changed to Holy Spirit, so people would except the word. So has the the word Hell and everlasting.

(King James Version) everlasting fire.
(English Standard Version) everlasting fire.
(Contemporary English Version) fire that never goes out
(New King James Version) everlasting fire.
(New Century Version) fire that burns forever
(21st Century King James Version) everlasting fire.
(American Standard Version) eternal fire.
(Young's Literal Translation) fire the age-during.
(Darby Translation) eternal fire.
(Holman Christian Standard Bible) eternal fire.
(New International Reader's Version) In hell the fire burns forever
(Wycliffe New Testament) everlasting fire
(New International Version - UK) eternal fire.
(Today's New International Version) eternal fire

Youngs's Literal Translation is the only version that changes the word in the bible, but the word has the same meaning.

Another important feature of YLT is its treatment of the Hebrew word olam and the Greek word aion. These two words have basically the same meaning, and YLT translates them and their derivatives as “age” or “age-during”.

However, there are notable exceptions to this in all major translations, such as Matthew 28:20: “…I am with you always, to the end of the age” (NRSV), the word “age” being a translation of aion. Rendering aion to indicate eternality in this verse would result in the contradictory phrase “end of eternity”, so the question arises whether it should ever be so there have been some problems with using this translation of Hell and other scriptures. This is the only translation that has changed the word but means the same.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:25 PM

1,686 posts, read 2,411,896 times
Quote:
That's not what the bible says. Give me one scripture that says that Hell is temporary.
Shawn: the Scriptures declare that death and hell are consummated in the Lake of God/ Fire. Do you really think that death and hell are cast into themselves?

And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Theos/Pur.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

Old 03-16-2009, 09:35 PM

21,422 posts, read 29,562,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Shawn: the Scriptures declare that death and hell are consummated in the Lake of God/ Fire. Do you really think that death and hell are cast into themselves?

See I told you...........

Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:

I'm still waiting on your scripture that says that Hell is on temporary!! Because I have yet to find it. While your at it please show me where it says that God will send someone to Hell and then bring them into Heaven.

If you are referring to Rev. 20, then you should read the rest of the scripture because if does not stop there, because it continues to say that who was not found into the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
As I read the bible it does not say anything about some eventually coming to Jesus.
Correctamondo! The Bible declares that every (not some) knees will bow, and every tongue will confess (not some) in/en) the Name of Jesus, and to the glory of the Father in worship (yes worship). Take a few moments and examine what kampto means, it always involves worship! Furthermore, the worship is one that is not by perfunctory genuflections, or rote, but one of willing worship, praise, thanksgiving and celebration. And yes, the exomologeo and homologeo is exactly that, willing worship by all (not some) beings, in all dimensions of our Father's world: celestial, terrestial and subterranean. All, not some, all!

Please lead us in singing....

All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name (http://hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/h/ahtpojn.htm - broken link)

Old 03-16-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Correctamondo! The Bible declares that every (not some) knees will bow, and every tongue will confess (not some) in/en) the Name of Jesus, and to the glory of the Father in worship (yes worship). Take a few moments and examine what kampto means, it always involves worship! Furthermore, the worship is one that is not by perfunctory genuflections, or rote, but one of willing worship, praise, thanksgiving and celebration. And yes, the exomologeo and homologeo is exactly that, willing worship by all (not some) beings, in all dimensions of our Father's world: celestial, terrestial and subterranean. All, not some, all!

Please lead us in singing....

All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name (http://hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/h/ahtpojn.htm - broken link)
You wrote all this and still did not give me a scripture that says that God will send someone to Hell and then bring them to Heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality