Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:29 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times

Advertisements

Is "God" a drug-addicted, bisexual, crossdressing, homicidal maniac who rapes, tortures, robs and kills the innocent?

After all, if man is in his image, where does man's capacity for evil come from? Where do man's flaws come from? Would "God" have created such imperfection unless it was in "him" as well?

By that matter, is "god" a man, woman or hermaphrodite? Is "god" Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Shinto, Tao, Buddhist, or Animist?

Or is the "in his image" a load of BS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 11:41 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Adam, as God created him, was perfect. Sin has corrupted us and causes bad things to happen.

As for your question about God's nature? God is presented as male in gender. He is not physical, so really...there is no "physical" body.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:43 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
That's the problem we are faced with when people try and put attributes on this thing we call God.
God created man in his image and likeness, so right out of the gate we have put a gender on this God. Man has no idea what the image of God is, so man in turn, created this God in mans image, after all, we are in his image. Now comes the likeness, not knowing what the likeness of God is, man in turn, gives this God mans likeness, hateful, waring, vindictive, all of mans finer attributes. In my opinion, God is what ever you want to call it, it is what it is, I really think it doesn't matter.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:44 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Adam, as God created him, was perfect. Sin has corrupted us and causes bad things to happen.

As for your question about God's nature? God is presented as male in gender. He is not physical, so really...there is no "physical" body.
This answer is exactly what I'd expect from you...

So how is "man" in his image? Not everything I described is "sin" persay, especially the different sexes. After all, where did "Eve" come from?

You never answered my question: If we were all in "god's" image, how could we have sinned in the first place? There would have been no sin for us to committ or the desire to do so if we were really "in god's image", right?

Old 02-19-2009, 11:48 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
This answer is exactly what I'd expect from you...

I can't answer that. I can only tell you that God is Spirit, and is not flesh.
Quote:
So how is "man" in his image? Not everything I described is "sin" persay, especially the different sexes. After all, where did "Eve" come from?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you questioning if the sexual act is sin? God gave them the ability to procreate. I don't believe it was sin.

Quote:

You never answered my question: If we were all in "god's" image, how could we have sinned in the first place? There would have been no sin for us to committ or the desire to do so if we were really "in god's image", right?
He gave us free will. Adam exercised his and rebelled.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:12 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Is "God" a drug-addicted, bisexual, crossdressing, homicidal maniac who rapes, tortures, robs and kills the innocent?

After all, if man is in his image, where does man's capacity for evil come from? Where do man's flaws come from? Would "God" have created such imperfection unless it was in "him" as well?

By that matter, is "god" a man, woman or hermaphrodite? Is "god" Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Shinto, Tao, Buddhist, or Animist?

Or is the "in his image" a load of BS?
Do you come out of the womb talking, murdering, lieing, stealing, walking, singing? Know you learn how to do those things. I actually think its kind of lame when someone blames their wrong doings on God. God does not make someone do what they do. If someone is a thief, they chose to steal and that has nothing to do with God.

We have free will and can choose our actions.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:21 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
God created Adam first supposedly "in his image..." So what about Eve? Who's image was she created in?! Or was she just Adam's consolation prize?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:35 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
God created Adam first supposedly "in his image..." So what about Eve? Who's image was she created in?! Or was she just Adam's consolation prize?

Old 02-20-2009, 06:14 AM

30 posts, read 50,625 times
God did not create Adam or Eve. These first modern humans were created or genetically engineered by the Beings that also claimed to be God. Modern Man is the product of gene splicing between primitive man (neanderthal) and the beings which were present during the earliest written records."God made man in his own image" Also in the bible (Genesis 1:26) says "Let us make man in OUR own image" Hmmm...Much evidence to support this (primarily the records left by the (Sumarians) which were written in cuneiform about 6000 yrs ago and even in todays bible we find some curious Beings, like the ones who spoke to Abraham before destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. These Beings were considered to be Gods and gave us very specific instructions on how to live and what they wanted us to do. There is way too much info to get into here and to some I may sound like the village idiot but I don't really care. I've done the research and as crazy as it sounds theres a lot of evidence to support it.

KC

Old 02-20-2009, 06:17 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,698,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
..He gave us free will. Adam exercised his and rebelled.
And to hold it over us to this day would be considered excessive child abuse. I mean if your 5 yr old steals a cookie, do you hold it over him the rest of his life? No, and for people that do, they are considered mentally challenged. So why is it ok for a god?

I mean "Let it go, big guy"..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality