Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:18 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
All your base are belong to us.
LOL . . .
You are on the way to destruction.
You have no chance to survive make your time
Ha ha ha ha ....

Old 02-25-2009, 06:22 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
LOL . . .
You are on the way to destruction.
You have no chance to survive make your time
Ha ha ha ha ....
Somebody set up us the bomb!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:31 PM

77 posts, read 120,708 times
[SIZE=3]Hi Georgiafrog:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] I have glanced through some of the questions you have asked (Are asking) about the beginning of existence. I will not try to help you find answers, because there are a multitude of answers to most questions about the past. It is questions about the past you are asking, and you could or can ask questions of the future, and I can not really help you there. In a sense, if there is such a thing as eternity, immediately some thinker will say it is a waste of time to try and answer your questions because there can not be a response to eternity. There wasn’t or isn’t any beginning or an end to eternity. If that is true, it is foolish to ask what was there before the beginning. The question becomes only a waste of thinking. but not a waste of time if eternity exists. An eternity does not need time. You can also ask questions about the future, but as noted, an eternity goes on for ever so there isn’t any end place. Nobody can answer the question factually if there is eternity. That’s okay, but if an eternity can not be proven, it also basically means that we can’t be sure that there is a limited time to existence either. That’s okay as well. You must now narrow your questions. Remember you can ask any question almost on a short line, but a serious response can take a long time. Humans invented the term ‘time’ as a measuring device to measure Change. Most thinkers using the term Change, think that Change will always exist. One cannot have change inside a vacuum except it can become bigger or smaller. In physics, a true vacuum has never been seen. All vacuums seen in any laboratory still have gravity pass through them, so they are not vacuums. They are pitch black, so an observer can’t see them. Darkness is defined as an absence of light. Light passing through vacuums as photons are supposed to be mass-less, pure energy, but that is not true, put enough photons together and they are bent by gravity, and this has been proven. Rays of light from planet Mercury are bent by the sun’s gravitation field. This was proven in 1917. The speed of light according to Einstein’s mathematics, in Einsteinian universes, is the speed of light in a vacuum. If photons are in a vacuum, a vacuum does not exist, it only means that our equipment and mathematics are not perfect, but we have proven that according to James Bell’s non local Universe Theory, that split photon halves can travel instantaneously. Einstein died too soon to admit this was possible. Newton wrote of instantaneous action at a distance.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Let’s choose narrower questions, such as your questions about Atheism. Atheists, although it has not been measured, appear to be the most difficult people to get together in groups. Yes, there is the American Atheist Association, and older similar groups in England and India, and elsewhere, as well as the USA. I am an Atheist and thus I might be able to respond to part of one question which you ask. This is my interpretation of my milieu. Nobody can have more than one milieu at a time. Life is a passing through many milieus and accepting bits and pieces of each milieu with which you agree, to add to your growing understanding of existence. Growing up a questioning Atheist prior to my teens, and ever since, to me has been an existence of always having the curiosity to try and find answers, by reading and asking questions, and above all by thinking. In three months and a few days, I will be 79, but I can honestly say that I have never really studied anything, because all my searching and thinking and my love of life and curiosity, is a lifetime hobby. I accept with the philosophers that the only constant in our supposed existence is change. I am not suggesting than my awareness or anything like an eternal human exists, but all humans are basically the same, we are only different in minor ways, Skin color, height or lack of it, learned knowledge, or because of a bad milieu (A Value Judgment) incapable of doing or thinking of not being capable, and so on, are differences. There is one humanity, races are additions of where did you grow up, and education and a slew of other things called parts of ones milieu. We can’t choose our birthdays or parents and so many things, but to a degree we can change our milieus. We can pick up and move and choose new friends, and perhaps choose our educations, and even fight our way out of brain washing and other circumstances, but I will see my world, and my world will be different than your world, even if you are an Atheist too. If because of circumstances we are trapped in a milieu, we can learn to shuck off certain habits and lines of thought. We can receive ideas and turn down ideas of others, and we will not be superior to other humans, or they superior to us. Those things are Value Judgments; differences are factual, and we will be different but hopefully going through life and listening to our drum. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] I could add many more Value Judgments to this article, and many more factual items too, but I hope you start creating your own milieu and not be afraid of change. Change in yourself physically, mentally, and so on . Those things are best done by you, then blame can’t be exported because some things don’t work out. You learn to start over with excitement. This is when you become an individual, (My Value Judgment) and not just another human. Cheers. Snaefell. [/SIZE]

Old 02-25-2009, 06:35 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
Quote:
All your base are belong to us.
What does this mean?

Old 02-25-2009, 06:43 PM

Old video game reference. Not to be dwelled upon. All in fun.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 PM

598 posts, read 917,059 times
Theists' identities are defined by their religions.

Atheist do not have such religious based identities.

That is why there are questions like this thread's.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:55 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
Quote:
Old video game reference. Not to be dwelled upon. All in fun.
Ah, I see. I'm not a gamer. I like the ending credits song in portal though!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Theists' identities are defined by their religions.

Atheist do not have such religious based identities.

That is why there are questions like this thread's.

Define me by religion. I have claimed none. Only the belief that the Universe may have been designed.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:09 PM

598 posts, read 917,059 times
Quote:
Define me by religion. I have claimed none. Only the belief that the Universe may have been designed.
Not true. You did not say what religion you belong - that does not mean you don't belong any.

You believer a "designer"... that came from some religion. (if I have to guess: Christianity)

Old 02-25-2009, 07:14 PM

I have indicated a belief in the design of the universe. Never have I introduced any religion's doctrine. Nor do I subscribe to any religion's doctrine. I seek the best explanation for human existence in the Universe. I personally feel closest to God in the wilderness, alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality