U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:39 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,586,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Beer and chocolate (and ice cream) don't go together very well. Avoid such combinations.
The Dodo is so obsoletely old fashioned.

Credit me with a bit of taste Visvaldis, I was not implying Beer and Chocolate at the same time ! Would you prefer Pork Scratchings or Pickled Eggs instead, the ideal combination so I am told ?!

The Dodo is indeed old fashioned , exactly the reason I like it...

I am not sure I can commit to worship under those circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 01:07 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,732,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I am not sure I can commit to worship under those circumstances.
Oh ye of little faith. Can you not see the great one's wounds? Can you not feel his breath? Can you judge only with your ....(stuck here--stick in something icky)?

Oh ye of little faith, surly I say unto you: "As I surly say this, it shall be said, 'Beeeee-lieee---ve! Beeeee-lie-----ve! Beeeee-lieee-ve!"

(You know it takes a lot of e's to be a prophet.)

Old 03-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Oh ye of little faith. Can you not see the great one's wounds? Can you not feel his breath? Can you judge only with your ....(stuck here--stick in something icky)?

Oh ye of little faith, surly I say unto you: "As I surly say this, it shall be said, 'Beeeee-lieee---ve! Beeeee-lie-----ve! Beeeee-lieee-ve!"

(You know it takes a lot of e's to be a prophet.)
Ah go on then, I beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelieeeeeeeeeee-ve !

Actually I have an admission to make, I already have a previous engagement of faith with the Great Easter Bunny so I am not sure I can really add up another creator to the list ....

Some silver tongued missionaries for the Flying Spaghetti Monster almost got to me but I kept to the path of righteousness and saw their evil deceit off with a few chosen prayers and incantations to the Great Floppy Eared Furry One in the Sky. I still feel the temptation but hopefully my faith shall remain strong.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,069,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Actually I have an admission to make, I already have a previous engagement of faith with the Great Easter Bunny so I am not sure I can really add up another creator to the list ....
Ahem...

You know we are never to refer to the great pointy-eared one by his real name!

You will burn in a lake of gooey Cadbury Eggs and cheap chocolate!!!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:55 PM

3,031 posts, read 7,890,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Finally, after centuries I can no longer hold the secret.
I created the Universe and everything in it.
And I am well prepared to defend myself using christian style logic, so prepare yourself as well.
Since you're the creator of the universe, I have a bone to pick with you. What WERE you thinking when you gave guys the ability to pee standing up, yet women have to sit or squat?

Obviously, you didn't consider the indignity of being a female when camping out in the boonies during winter! *shake fist*

Old 03-11-2009, 02:06 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,596,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Since you're the creator of the universe, I have a bone to pick with you. What WERE you thinking when you gave guys the ability to pee standing up, yet women have to sit or squat?

Obviously, you didn't consider the indignity of being a female when camping out in the boonies during winter! *shake fist*

hey sis, you're sadly mistaken here. go complain to the fashion designers!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Ahem...

You know we are never to refer to the great pointy-eared one by his real name!

You will burn in a lake of gooey Cadbury Eggs and cheap chocolate!!!

Not cheap chocolate , pleaaaaaaaaaaaase noooooooooooooooo !

I repent, I repent, please spare me the Cadbury Eggs and Hershey Bars. I swear I will be good .

The Great Floppy eared one will hear my pleas and I am sure a heaven of dark bitter Swiss delights await me on the other side .

Let us all bow our heads in reverence to the one who shall not be named and give thanks for our blessings .

Old 03-11-2009, 02:56 PM

3,031 posts, read 7,890,100 times
The Flying Spaghetti Monster will outlive your false gods! All hail his noodly goodness!

Ramen.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
The Flying Spaghetti Monster will outlive your false gods! All hail his noodly goodness!

Ramen.
Wash your mouth out with soap Missy, I and only I have the one and only truth. Your sins will out and the furry demons will drag you down to their fiery burrows.

Holy War anyone ? I think Banana Cream pies at dawn seems a perfect way to settle this once and for all...

Or we could settle this the civilised way , agree to disagree and just eat the pies ?

You worship your FSM and I will carry on paying my devotions to the creator with long floppy and furry ears.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:25 PM

2,617 posts, read 2,000,650 times
Up until now I was putting all my chips on the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but when I think of the phrase..."go forth and multiply".....that sounds more like the great pointy eared one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or