Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Holla if ya hear me.

Seriously who is out there that can relate to me? Are you getting sick and tired of people referring to God as "Heavenly Father", or "Our Father" or the latest "Daddy". God is not a person, it is simply a term used for the feeling of pure love.

I'm so ready for the divine feminine to lead us out of this conflicted, war based, isolated society we call humanity. The patriartical phase has run it's course, moving on from the old and into the new, the future looks so very bright.
God is Love. That was the 1st bible verse I had to memorize in school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Originally Posted by moonsavvy
Quote:
Seriously who is out there that can relate to me? Are you getting sick and tired of people referring to God as "Heavenly Father", or "Our Father" or the latest "Daddy". God is not a person, it is simply a term used for the feeling of pure love.
Word.

Quote:
I'm so ready for the divine feminine to lead us out of this conflicted, war based, isolated society we call humanity. The patriartical phase has run it's course, moving on from the old and into the new, the future looks so very bright.
If God=love why give love a gender?

The problem with interpretation is that you can give it the opposite meaning of what was initially intended.
I mean Jesus' philosophy 1st was all about accepting the stranger (since we are all strangers) but many Christian religions only view their believers as the 'chosen' people and cast everyone else (heathens, homosexuals etc) out.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:12 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Yeah. I wish there were more non-Christian religious people on this forum - Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus.

Very homogenously filled with certain sects of evangelical Christians or people who loathe what Christians try to force into their lives.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:19 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
The Bible never once uses the word "America".

...and to that point, which America? South America? Latin America? Mexicans? Canadians? We're only the United States, not America. So, it's rather ambiguous.
Ok, I will make it simple for you, the Bible speaks of the United States of America, and it does this in at least three chapters. And remeber this, the name Jesus Christ does not appear in the Old Testament either. Yet, because of the Old Testament, over a billion people call Jesus Christ Lord today. Now, why is that?

Old 03-01-2009, 01:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
I asked you a simple question and you come back with a snide comment. The love of Christ in those who shout his name the loudest never ceases to impress me. (note the sarcasm).

Where, in the Bible, does it speak of the United States of America? I asked you to provide quotations that are not open to broad interpretation applicable to any empire.

Peoples' use of the name Jesus baffles me. It wasn't his name. Just some made up mythology years after he lived The word Christ wasn't his name either. That is just another word for Messiah that was added years later. The word "virgin" did not mean what it means today. It was misinterpreted from "young". Mary was a young mother. That alone really changes the whole mythology - but our mythological interpretation does make the mythology of Christ align with the exact same mythological savior story of Mithra.

Imagine how much else is wrong that so many simply believe to be fact. Quite staggering.

I have personally found Christ within, not in a book. That is where love resides. But, please, I'm curious about the quotes on the U.S.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:44 PM

1,577 posts, read 3,699,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well the Bible speaks of America. And Christians in the 1970s spoke of America's coming destruction by Russia. Yet, they stated before America's destruction, we would first have a time of peace with Russia, China, and Eastern Europe. And sometime after that peace, there would be an economic collapse here in America, and around the world. The Bible states, that American cities will be destroyed in one hours time. The prophecies of the Bible, and what Christians have wrote in books in recent times, appear to agree. I might also point out, that according to the Bible, shortly before America's destruction, the Jewish people will of returned from a worldwide exile, and they will be in control of the land of Israel, and the city of Jerusalem.
Wait..sorry. 2000 years ago, the people in that area thought the world was flat and had no knowledge of the Western Hemisphere. In fact they didn't know the world went much beyond the Straight of Gibralter. They had very little knowledge of the world in those days.

In those days, in the Americas, Native Americans lived in peace and were unknown to the peoples of Europe and the Mideast. There are records of Chinese trade with Eskimos and the NW Tribes in what is now Washington State, but even that was after the Middle Ages.

The name "America" was after Amerigo Vespucci, an Italian explorer who wouldn't exist for another 14-15 centuries after the Bible was made. The New World itself wouldn't be discovered by Europeans until the 10th century. So how could America be mentioned by name in the Bible in the 1st century?

Lastly, the Cold War ended in 1990. I was there when the Berlin Wall was taken down. We have no anomosity with Russia or any of the European countries to the point of armed conflict.

Guess I'm not following why you would take that so serious in this day and age (even if America was named by name). Sure you aren't thinking of Nostradamus? He used to make predictions like that about things that were very accurate.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:49 PM

1,577 posts, read 3,699,993 times
Quote:
... But, please, I'm curious about the quotes on the U.S.
Not being sarcastic, Campbell, but I am too.

Where in the Bible written in the 1st century does the name of a country that won't exist for 1776 years get named specifically as the United States of America? And what would that possibly mean to anyone until that time?

Even Russia won't be named as Russia until at least the 9th century when the establishment of Kievan Rus', a predecessor state to Russia came into being. Before that it was just open steppes that were inhabited by nomadic tribes. So where does the old Eagle and Bear get mentioned in the Bible by their modern day names?

Old 03-01-2009, 02:27 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
Yet, because of the Old Testament, over a billion people call Jesus Christ Lord today. Now, why is that?
Because organised religion is generally divided in (meek) sheep and ambitious shepherds.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:50 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34 Because organised religion is generally divided in (meek) sheep and ambitious shepherds.

especially the latter with screen names like yours. ROFL

Old 03-01-2009, 02:57 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
I asked you a simple question and you come back with a snide comment. The love of Christ in those who shout his name the loudest never ceases to impress me. (note the sarcasm).

Where, in the Bible, does it speak of the United States of America? I asked you to provide quotations that are not open to broad interpretation applicable to any empire.

Peoples' use of the name Jesus baffles me. It wasn't his name. Just some made up mythology years after he lived The word Christ wasn't his name either. That is just another word for Messiah that was added years later. The word "virgin" did not mean what it means today. It was misinterpreted from "young". Mary was a young mother. That alone really changes the whole mythology - but our mythological interpretation does make the mythology of Christ align with the exact same mythological savior story of Mithra.

Imagine how much else is wrong that so many simply believe to be fact. Quite staggering.

I have personally found Christ within, not in a book. That is where love resides. But, please, I'm curious about the quotes on the U.S.
The reason I said I would make it easy for you, is because first of all I stated (OUR) government. Another words, I was speaking of one country, not a continent. That should of been obvious to you. Second of all, I said (OUR) goverment is now borrowing Trillions of dollars. Who else but the United States spends trillions of dollars? My statement was not ambiguous at all. At least, not for someone who is thinking.

The name Jesus does not appear in the Old Testament, yet in the New Testament it does, that name in the Hebrew text would of been "Joshua." Joshua in Hebrew means. "God is salvation." The name Jesus in the Greek means the same thing. "God is salvation." It was the angel who spoke to Joseph in the New Testament, and he told Joseph that you shall call the childs name, "God is Salvation". Which in the Greek, is Jesus. So you are in error when you say the name of Jesus was just made up mythology. Yet getting back to my orginal question, which you have not answer. Knowing the name Joshua, or Jesus does not appear in the Old Testament. And that being the case, why do a billion people today call Jesus Christ Lord because of the Old Testament?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality