Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 01:27 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Now if we could only find out who and from what planet those "Aliens" came down from and had sex with those apeman which in turn gave the world the human race, we'd really have something!!!

No wonder those government scientist are so busy working overtime with alien autopsies at "Area 51".
Is this really what they taught you about evolution in school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 01:33 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Is this really what they taught you about evolution in school?
No these actually are more later day interpretations that have been floating around for quite some time. Many of the archealogical myths of pryamids of ancient Egypt, or the Petroglyphs and Alien Mothership runways stories about the high Andian Deserts are all a part of another type of intellectual taking his/her stab at supposed truth. At the very least, they are admittingly humorous.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
No these actually are more later day interpretations that have been floating around for quite some time. Many of the archealogical myths of pryamids of ancient Egypt, or the Petroglyphs and Alien Mothership runways stories about the high Andian Deserts are all a part of another type of intellectual taking his/her stab at supposed truth. At the very least, they are admittingly humorous.
How bizarre.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:18 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Wink "May I have the envelope pleeezzz?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
It's also amazing to think that, with only a few changes in a few items of present-day human DNA, a super-human (more athletic abilities, more intelligence, etc.) might come into existence in the future due to evolutionary processes.
WARNING: MANY EMOTICONS. IT JUST SEEMED APPROPOS THIS MORNING! IT ADDED SOME MUCH NEEDED COLOR! BTW, CHEERS EVERYONE!

Actually, you're so right on, PT! The recently published results of some landmark British research is right up this alley! They extracted out bits of existing DNA sequences, determined exactly what their order was, made up some synthesized versions, re-inserted the new ones where the old ones used to be, and sewed the cell back up, so to speak.

Guess what? It just resumed living as though nothing had happened.

Now say, just theoretically, (It's only a THEORY!!!") that we take an egg cell out of the mother, remove the part of the DNA that controls, say, eye color, and reinstall that new DNA into the sequence in the correct allele location for eye color: voila! Bright blue eyes (ala Paul Newman)! Should work right?

("No no no! It's, well, UNGODLY!")

Well, in fact, I saw a special on TV just two nights ago on exactly that, where doctors are now doing this for mothers in a new clinic. It's not experimental or in need of any proofs.

Guess who is the most upset about changing a baby's eye color this way. (Q1) Because...guess what else this PROVES? (Q2) Go ahead, guess. There's a special prize for you if you get it right.

Anyone? Anyone? Any Christians in the audience who'd care to venture an educated guess here?

Last edited by rifleman; 03-05-2009 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: typos, clarification

Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
WARNING: MANY EMOTICONS. IT JUST SEEMED APPROPOS THIS MORNING! IT ADDED SOME MUCH NEEDED COLOR! BTW, CHEERS EVERYONE!

Actually, you're so right on, PT! The recently published results of some landmark British research is right up this alley! They extracted out bits of existing DNA sequences, determined exactly what their order was, made up some synthesized versions, re-inserted the new ones where the old ones used to be, and sewed the cell back up, so to speak.

Now say, just theoretically, (It's only a THEORY!!!") that we take an egg cell out of the mother, remove the part of the DNA that controls, say, eye color, and reinstall that new DNA into the sequence in the correct allele location for eye color: voila! Bright blue eyes (ala Paul Newman)! Should work right?

Well, in fact, I saw a special on TV just two nights ago on exactly that, where doctors are now doing this for mothers in a new clinic. It's not experimental or in need of any proofs.

Guess who is the most upset about changing a baby's eye color this way. (Q1) Because...guess what else this PROVES? (Q2) Go ahead, guess. There's a special prize for you if you get it right.

Anyone? Anyone? Any Christians in the audience who'd care to venture an educated guess here?
Kool

I like emoticons, COLOURS, & bolding statements

Old 03-05-2009, 10:35 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Unhappy Sigh...

I notice that no-one offered an answer. Not even the Christian side! I'll give it another 12 hours and then I'll just have to interprete the consequences of this newest work!

C34: in the simplest terms, you may just have to work Evolution into your faith because at this present time:

1. The concept of evolution of species was pretty logical to begin with. It only needed the nuts and bolts methodology explained (as in: How, exactly, does it work? What would be required?)

2. The nuts & bolts have now been PROVED. Way beyond speculation. DNA sequencing has now provided The Tool of Tools to show, incontrovertibly, the progression from one species, through a continuous process of recorded mutational changes, to another. Proved. No more work required.

3. The consequences of that process will now take some time to work through, but the transitional fossil record now makes perfect sense, and to boot, we're now able to pull some DNA from some of them. It will, of course, show the EXACT progression of changes from Species A to Species B. Again, there's that nasty little word: incontrovertible. Please, look it up.

(But, I just can't resist: it means something that cannot be disproved; there's no other rational explanation; it's surely NOT a hoax, it fits all the requirements of the model hyposthesis, etc. etc.)

4. Even the Catholic Church, faced with yet another factoid (a previous one was their original insistence that the Earth was flat...), has now accepted the Fact, the Law and the Proofs of Evolution.

It's quite OK for you to insist Evolution's an embarrassment, a hoax, a fake, perpetrated on the world by tens of thousands of conspiring scientists and doctors and engineers and architects and psychiatrists and teachers (Check: I'd better change that from "tens of thousands" to "millions"). Wonder why they conspire so though?

It is. Really. Quite OK. You go ahead and believe it. We will never change your mind. That you'll have to do yourself. Frankly, whether you believe in facts or not makes no real difference to any of us; we just thought it would be good to debate the idea and show you and others the obvious evidence, but it's quite clear you'll have no part of it. Understandable.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

Well to be quite honest, I'm certainly not totally unfamiliar with the paid-TV "SI-FI Channel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman
[b]Guess who is the most upset about changing a baby's Blue eye color this way ? (Q1) Because...guess what else this PROVES? (Q2) Go ahead, guess. There's a special prize for you if you get it right.
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Well let's just say, secretly I think you were wanting me to go ahead and take a stab at it.
YouTube - MUSIC OF THE THIRD REICH Horst Wessel Lied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain
"It's also amazing to think that, with only a few changes in a few items of present-day Human DNA, a super-human (more atheltic, more intelligent, etc) might come into existance in the future through due to evolutionary processes."
Interestingly as already pointed out with regard to changing eye colour (Blaue Augen) und (Blondes Haar), this has already been tried before in history through the manipulation of many factors. With advancement in genetics as Rifleman suggests and the invention of a superhuman as you suggest, yes they could create a super human, but through more of a hands on taking control of the evolutionary process so to speak, however directing it in such a way as to obtain the desired objective.

I live in an area surrounded by the results of just such an undertaking over five decades ago. In this area it was known as the "Lebensborn" project of the Third Reich. Some of the progeny of those early experiments are well known, though you may not recognize them. One of the girls of the Pop Group "ABBA", Anni-Frid "Frida" Lyngstad is probably one of the most famous Lebensborn children.

Admittedly as you stated, there must be some element of truth to the achieving of a measure of superhuman qualities, nutured along with strict indoctrination during the youthful developemntal stages of life, in fact imperative to the success of the experiment. When you consider that at the very end of the WWII, the Russian Army had surrounded in the battle for Berlin (April 16, 1945 - May 7, 1945), the only real defenders were the leftover tattered Army regulars and the bulk of the elite "Hitler-Jungen" brigade. Who could have fathomed that it took the deaths/wounded of over 400,000-600,000 Russian soldiers to simply take Berlin away from a handful of superhuman eugenics adolescence experiments. Yes, a scientific achievement to be proud of.

YouTube - Hitlerjugend TEIL 2

Think it's finished ??? Well let's fast forward to today's attitude prevalent in many Northern Euro-Youth! Here's some more of the popular music/video I personally live around and surrounded by when I go to town. Seriously, this is no joke. They have 1930s type posters everywhere on bus shelters, alley walls, etc advertising this crap. I've just copied some of them for your listening pleasure.

YouTube - Hitlerjugend ( Hitler youth)

In a thread in the History section of this forum, I posted this info on some of the continued quest for just such a continuing attitude of super human creation. I've since distanced myself from posting on the subject here where I live because it is upsetting, but here's a brief review in view of the present subject here. Here are some examples of the physical world I am quite literally surrounded by where I live. Though I must admit I have since moved from an area of social higher class immersed with such an attitude, to a more humble group area mostly of African/Asian immigrants here in Svenskland über alles.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/histo...ml#post4521779

Now can you imagine with all the improvements and advancements of the scientific community today and the great strides they've made in this genetic manipulation as so eloquently pointed out by our most prominent and distinguished posters, we could all be seeing many of the unfulfilled prophecies come to complete fruition within our lifetime.
On the spooky side however, I think the pursuit of your (that is Mr ParkTwain) scientifically engineered super Human Being, will no doubt be under the guidance of this world's governments who have only proven they have no record of responsible custodialship of running our planet. No doubt such experiments will only lead to a type of super human soldier character portrayed by Kurt Russel.

But I suppose such sacrificies are necessary in the interests of obtaining this master human race.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:52 AM..

Old 03-06-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Interestingly as already pointed out with regard to changing eye colour (Blaue Augen) und (Blondes Haar), this has already been tried before in history through the manipulation of many factors. With advancement in genetics as Rifleman suggests and the invention of a superhuman as you suggest, yes they could create a super human, but through more of a hands on taking control of the evolutionary process so to speak, however directing it in such a way as to obtain the desired objective.
I just wanna point out that we have been directing the evolutionary process to obtain what we want for thousands of years with selective breeding on things like animals and plants.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I just wanna point out that we have been directing the evolutionary process to obtain what we want for thousands of years with selective breeding on things like animals and plants.
You mean like such programs done by the monolithic beasts like the global agricultural giant of "Monsanto" and such "We are going to save the world through the Green Revolution" prochecies ???

Or like the Genetic Engineering by splicing of a spider gene into a Tomato for longer shelf life by toughening it's outer skin ???

Yes I'm well aware of those examples!!!

Way ahead of you there buddy.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
You mean like such programs done by the monolithic beasts like the global agricultural giant of "Monsanto" and such "We are going to save the world through the Green Revolution" prochecies ???

Or like the Genetic Engineering by splicing of a spider gene into a Tomato for longer shelf life by toughening it's outer skin ???

Yes I'm well aware of those examples!!!

Way ahead of you there buddy.
No, I mean by selective breeding like I said in my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality