Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I believe the figurines of El Toro Mountain are recycled here, because it shows us the kind of junk science being embraced here. You say you can debunk any new material. Yet, what kind of science can debunk material without a scientific study, or a review of that material?
And Piyush Jindal, the word material goes right over his head again. TY for again displaying your ignorance in the basis of the Eegleesh language.

Material from dictionary.com
1. The substance or substances out of which a thing is or can be made.
2. Something, such as an idea or information, that is to be refined and made or incorporated into a finished effort: material for a comedy.(in your case material to discuss - on second thoughts comedy is appropriate)

Or IOW get some new "evidence" we can debunk. So far it has been a breeze to debunk your old recycled 1990something herr doktor Hovind talking points
Quote:

IT IS THE SCIENCE OF THE CLOSED MINDS.

Of course your not intrested in the figurines of El Toro Mountain anymore. When you have no SCIENTIFIC REVIEW to back up your statements, why would you try to defend your position? So I guess you just ignore the evidence and move on.
Give me a break - it now claims we have not presented evidense - that is all you have talked about this entire thread, it is you that cannot see reason.
Quote:
Without any doubt, you are a TRUE BELIEVER IN EVOLUTION.
Ad Homenium - par for the course for a student of her doktor Hovind.

Yup yup, I do believe in evolution and I have offered five disciplines to support it which you cannot or have not even attempted to rebut.
Quote:
Because only a true believer in the Theory of Evolution, could ignore the other obvious evidence this way.
Bogus evidence you mean?
Quote:
Just wave your magic wand and proclaim. "My science God tells me it's all false, let us now move on." LOL
Pretty mature using LoL's in a scientific debate. Look the jester laughs at himself. BTW it is your sides POV that has the magic wand not our side.
Quote:
Wait, Wait, what about the scientific review?
What about it? You have two offers to review the figurines, you go get em and Rifleman will get them tested 'K?
Quote:
"Did you not hear me, the God of science has proclaimed the evidence to be false, we need no review. We are nolonger interested."
You are the only one defending a deity here - science has no god - strange you should capitalize it though.
Quote:
WOW, I think I just heard the door slam. Well, so much for the scientific review.
Only on the el figurinos until you comply to aforementioned requests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 10:04 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
At what point did we become human and it was wrong to kill each other?

When did human beings evolve a soul?
Evolutionarily speaking, it's always been wrong. Nearly all animals in nature (and all mammals, I believe) do NOT kill each other for sport or food.

Living in large communities has made humans a little wacky (it's still unnatural for us and we're still getting acclimated to it), and it's made it easier for the insane (serial killers, etc.) to hide. Society has set up rules in order to enforce us to act the way we would if we were living back in nature, like we did when we were closer to being animals than being human.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
Hmmm I smell a certain rankness in the air here.

With nowhere to hide, one attacks the system, even though it justly asks some reasonable questions.

I particularly like the one about why dating methods, which are regularly denounced and rejected by Creationists, are now, in this one case, both excused for bad application and simultaneously believed without question.

I suppose when the evidence for your side of the argument is real scarce, you defend anything, even bunko.

Like I said, this argument was over a long time ago. But it is educational for some.
We do try don't we?

Yes the way now is merely allowing some to embarrass themselves and demonstrate their poor education. If anything, this proves that creation "science" is bad and should not be taught in lieu of real science.

Creationism is merely another postulation of religious studies and has no place in the classroom except as religious studies.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 PM

659 posts, read 1,085,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Evolutionarily speaking, it's always been wrong. Nearly all animals in nature (and all mammals, I believe) do NOT kill each other for sport or food.
I can think of a few animals that kill for food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Living in large communities has made humans a little wacky (it's still unnatural for us and we're still getting acclimated to it), and it's made it easier for the insane (serial killers, etc.) to hide. Society has set up rules in order to enforce us to act the way we would if we were living back in nature, like we did when we were closer to being animals than being human.
Dude.

If we lived according to nature, then there would be no blind people, no fat people, no deaf people, no sick people and three fourths of the total population would be gone. Society does not force us to act as we would in nature; if anything, it does the exact opposite (although I wouldn't mind a return to spears and leafs ).

Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Evolved Ethics & Morals

"Sport" killing would be one way to categorize the behavior of typical predators like coyotes, dingos, wolves, wolverines, cheetahs, etc. when they are presented with an un-needed abundance of food. Being hard-wired to "take" whenever a game species staggers into view, they do so, but may well leave their overkills untouched. To assign some humanistic or moralistic (or worse; Christian) overtones to this is simply incorrect, arrogant and anthropomorphic.

Such overkilling does provide necessary practice for the leaner times, and co-incidentally also provides easy free extra food for the scavenger species. All according to the nicely evolved ecological model.

We humans no doubt have such hard-wired behavior built into our relict DNA sequences, ready to be re-awakened if required (and it may soon be, what with anticipated national truckers' strikes, etc. en route... catch that rabbit for our dinner would you honey?).

We've just applied our thin veneer of pseudo-civilization and haughty conceit to our more primal behaviors, and called it "ethics" for now. It also stops inefficient and messy blood baths in our more urban street scenes. Well, with the possible exception of WA, DC...

In times of peace and plenty, it's easy to claim some sort of behavioral moral superiority over the so-called lesser animals [barf....], but when push comes to shove (Or stab. Or smash. Or shoot...) we're all just weak versions of apes, but with a truly evil mentality potential!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:55 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
Hmmm I smell a certain rankness in the air here.

With nowhere to hide, one attacks the system, even though it justly asks some reasonable questions.

I particularly like the one about why dating methods, which are regularly denounced and rejected by Creationists, are now, in this one case, both excused for bad application and simultaneously believed without question.

I suppose when the evidence for your side of the argument is real scarce, you defend anything, even bunko.

Like I said, this argument was over a long time ago. But it is educational for some.
(NO), one does not attack the system because it justly asks some reasonable questions. One attacks the system, because they (IGNORE)
the questions, and ignore the (EVIDENCE). And then PROCLAIM the evidence false without ever doing a scientific review.

And you are right, in the closed mind of a believer in Evolution, this arguement was over long ago. This arguement was over at the time of the El Toro Mountain discovery. You see, science can spend millions of dollars on the study ancient artifacts. Yet, if they find artifacts that would put into question their theory of evolution. Well, here is a perfect example of how they ignore those finds.

And this is not an isolated case. I can give you another perfect example of people that were in a position to reveal a truth that would of debunk the theory of evolution, yet they decided to ignore the evidence, rather than reveal it. And there are people on this very post who would say. "OH, science would never do that." Just remember the figuriens of El Toro Mountain, and you will know, that there are some in science WHO WILL, AND HAVE DONE THAT.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
(NO), one does not attack the system because it justly asks some reasonable questions. One attacks the system, because they (IGNORE)
the questions, and ignore the (EVIDENCE). And then PROCLAIM the evidence false without ever doing a scientific review.

And you are right, in the closed mind of a believer in Evolution, this arguement was over long ago. This arguement was over at the time of the El Toro Mountain discovery. You see, science can spend millions of dollars on the study ancient artifacts. Yet, if they find artifacts that would put into question their theory of evolution. Well, here is a perfect example of how they ignore those finds.

And this is not an isolated case. I can give you another perfect example of people that were in a position to reveal a truth that would of debunk the theory of evolution, yet they decided to ignore the evidence, rather than reveal it. And there are people on this very post who would say. "OH, science would never do that." Just remember the figuriens of El Toro Mountain, and you will know, that there are some in science WHO WILL, AND HAVE DONE THAT.
Yes I agree, you certainly have done that.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Quote:
I say attack the system because it ignores Wise peoples' concepts when they lack the reputation for trustworthiness at (like ignored the east for so long on the entrepeneurship way of sociological changes) profit (not justified profit, but just profit).

Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
And Piyush Jindal, the word material goes right over his head again. TY for again displaying your ignorance in the basis of the Eegleesh language.

Material from dictionary.com
1. The substance or substances out of which a thing is or can be made.
2. Something, such as an idea or information, that is to be refined and made or incorporated into a finished effort: material for a comedy.(in your case material to discuss - on second thoughts comedy is appropriate)

Or IOW get some new "evidence" we can debunk. So far it has been a breeze to debunk your old recycled 1990something herr doktor Hovind talking points
Give me a break - it now claims we have not presented evidense - that is all you have talked about this entire thread, it is you that cannot see reason.
Ad Homenium - par for the course for a student of her doktor Hovind.

Yup yup, I do believe in evolution and I have offered five disciplines to support it which you cannot or have not even attempted to rebut.
Bogus evidence you mean?
Pretty mature using LoL's in a scientific debate. Look the jester laughs at himself. BTW it is your sides POV that has the magic wand not our side.
What about it? You have two offers to review the figurines, you go get em and Rifleman will get them tested 'K?
You are the only one defending a deity here - science has no god - strange you should capitalize it though.
Only on the el figurinos until you comply to aforementioned requests.
Science is your GOD, and in this case a false one at that. Because you use sicence to defend your position on the figurines of El Toro Mountain. Yet you do this, without any scientific review.

I have give names, and dates of those who actually tested the figurines.

NOW, can you give me the names of your people, who have actually tested the figurines from your side? Can you give us the dates they were tested by them?

I'M ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION, CAN YOU GIVE US A SIMPLE ANSWER?

WHEN, AND WHO DID THE SCIENTIFIC REVIEW FOR THE FIGURINES OF EL TORO MOUNTAIN?

(CAN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION?)

Last edited by Campbell34; 04-02-2009 at 09:32 AM..

Old 04-02-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
I say attack the system because it ignores Wise peoples' concepts when they lack the reputation for trustworthiness at (like ignored the east for so long on the entrepeneurship way of sociological changes) profit (not justified profit, but just profit).
I don't know about the east, but there are a lot of things our science has ignored. And they continue to do this with evidence that puts into question their pet theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality