Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgal View Post
Something that puzzles me about the bible and christianity in general is why there are no new prophets? Why, all those centuries ago, did god 'reveal' himself to the prophets of the bible, and then seemingly just stop? That makes no sense to me.

I reasonably assume if god revealed himself to a new prophet tomorrow, this person would be considered a raving nut-job and probably mentally ill, even by the most devout of believers.

So why doesn't god reveal himself anymore?
I believe there actually are prophets, but they are hidden from the world. The current ruling class wants God and anything truly spiritual removed from the eyes of men, replaced by Tarot cards and palm reading. But there are prophets out there people, and sometimes we do hear about them. I don't even necessarily mean profits of the Christian God. Just "holy" people with fantastic spiritual ability. I know in the past years, I have heard whispers and rumors of people who were spreading the message of spiritual peace and love, while also performing small miracles. Also people who can perform amazing feats by simply opening up their minds. One example I remember hearing about was a young boy in Asia. This boy was big news, because he had been sitting under a tree, meditating, for 40 days without food or water.

Another cool story was about a monk who could sit down in the freezing snow and within minutes, melt the snow up to 3 feet around him. His body was said to be inhumanly hot. And he himself claims he performed this feat by visualizing himself as a "white hot flame" While this may not exactly fit the criteria of being a prophet, these people possess massive spiritual energy, and could certainly be considered formidable examples of the spiritual world.

I have seen people such as the televangelists and faith healers mentioned. The overwhelming majority of these people are fakes. Not only that, they are the exact opposite of what a true biblical prophet would be, taking money meant for the Lord and instead using it for their own selfish desires. These people are for the most part decievers placed among the ranks of the Christians, and should be brought down off of their pedestals, and forced to confess their crime. I would much sooner believe in one of my examples above, than one of these blasphemous "holy" men/women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 08:32 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Today's prophets are just in it for the profit.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:45 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Today's prophets are just in it for the profit.
With all due respect, I don't think you know any of today's prophets in the church. The fact that they are on TV doesn't make them a prophet.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:51 AM

240 posts, read 437,260 times
Default He Does

Quote:
Something that puzzles me about the bible and christianity in general is why there are no new prophets? Why, all those centuries ago, did god 'reveal' himself to the prophets of the bible, and then seemingly just stop? That makes no sense to me.

I reasonably assume if god revealed himself to a new prophet tomorrow, this person would be considered a raving nut-job and probably mentally ill, even by the most devout of believers.

God has prophets that are still in the land I was just in a tent revival this weekend with a prophet that I know God reveals himself to.Ihave known him for about 33yrs and things God showed him when I was a child has happen.His name is Prophet David Terrell

Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,457 times
Quote:

Allah did not leave this matter open

Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever All-Aware of everything. 33:40

Old 09-07-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
With all due respect, I don't think you know any of today's prophets in the church. The fact that they are on TV doesn't make them a prophet.
Ok then, perhaps they aren't all in it for money, but many are...Hence the books, Cds, tv appearances and 1-900 numbers.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
God has prophets that are still in the land I was just in a tent revival this weekend with a prophet that I know God reveals himself to.Ihave known him for about 33yrs and things God showed him when I was a child has happen.His name is Prophet David Terrell
I guess that god is lying to him then...He sure missed this one!

We have also received questions about the coming war and whether it will affect other countries. If you read the prophecies, you will see that this world war will go into Europe, Russia, China, Australia, India, the Mideast, the USA, Canada and other smaller countries. But, there shall not be a single country, which comes out unscathed. So, take note that the warnings regarding the USA also concern the world. The warnings, regarding the USA and Y2K, also concern the world; and most countries will even be worse off than the USA because they are without adequate manpower to fix the Y2K problem. So, let all be the wiser and get prepared both spiritually and physically. People are going to be hungry, without adequate food, and without safe water! And, this is going to happen worldwide!.....Prophet David Terrell

Old 09-07-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Ok then, perhaps they aren't all in it for money, but many are...Hence the books, Cds, tv appearances and 1-900 numbers.
Legitimate prophets don't have 1-900 numbers. I can call myself anything I want. That doesn't make it so.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
Allah did not leave this matter open

Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever All-Aware of everything. 33:40
As I stated earlier, the Bible says there are prophets in the New Testament church. I believe that means today.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:54 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times
Quote:
I guess that god is lying to him then...He sure missed this one!

We have also received questions about the coming war and whether it will affect other countries. If you read the prophecies, you will see that this world war will go into Europe, Russia, China, Australia, India, the Mideast, the USA, Canada and other smaller countries. But, there shall not be a single country, which comes out unscathed. So, take note that the warnings regarding the USA also concern the world. The warnings, regarding the USA and Y2K, also concern the world; and most countries will even be worse off than the USA because they are without adequate manpower to fix the Y2K problem. So, let all be the wiser and get prepared both spiritually and physically. People are going to be hungry, without adequate food, and without safe water! And, this is going to happen worldwide!.....Prophet David Terrell
You would think these phalse profits would delete their missed profiseas (spelling mistakes deliberate to make a point)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality