Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:59 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,597,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
I am so disgusted by all of the arguing and man made doctrines. So much so that I can't seem to post anymore without that disgust showing. This puffed up nonsense is nothing but the work of the devil, and it's just going to get worse.

We are soooo in the last days and I realize that all this confusion is prophesied. So why can't professing Christians see what they are doing and why is it not more important to professing Christians to stop all of this nonsense and start working harder to bring souls to Christ??

This has got to stop and it is Christians responsibility to do so. So I'm here to quote the one verse from the Bible that everyone seems to know, whether Christian or not. John 3:16........believing = eternal life.

If people have time to delve more deeply into the Word of God then that's great. I don't think there is even enough time for that.

Remember the thief on the cross? He believed, and he received.

How did that happen? Jesus loved him and forgave him because the thief asked, obviously with sincerity and true remorse in his heart that only God could see. What is in YOUR heart? God can see it, you know.

Stop all of this carnal self-righteousness and lead people to the LORD!!!!

With LOVE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 09:07 PM

598 posts, read 915,907 times
Here is anther verse:

Quote:
Jack 1:2

Excellent brother, said God, you now woke up.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:14 PM

63,565 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

With LOVE.
Bless you, DOTL . . . that mountain prayer session was a true blessing from God. With Love in Christ, Mystic

Old 03-14-2009, 09:28 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,681,234 times
It's not that simple for all of us, DayoftheLord.

Some of us have experiences in Christ that preclude us from the simple "ask for forgiveness" structure.

One is not right. The other is not wrong.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Here is anther verse:
It is an awakening, isn't it?? Alive in Christ!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Bless you, DOTL . . . that mountain prayer session was a true blessing from God. With Love in Christ, Mystic
Thanks, Mystic. I thought the spiritual effects were wearing thin for a while, but I now realize that wasn't the case at all. It's just the nature of the beast of CD that is wearing thin. God bless you also.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
It's not that simple for all of us, DayoftheLord.

Some of us have experiences in Christ that preclude us from the simple "ask for forgiveness" structure.

One is not right. The other is not wrong.
Ah, come on, Bluefly.....it's as simple or as complicated as we make it.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:29 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,199,480 times
Quote:
I am so disgusted by all of the arguing and man made doctrines....

We are soooo in the last days.....
I concur, we are in the end of daze. Some are just taking awhile longer to wake up than others. There is a new enlightenment taking place and when finally folk start to really care for their fellowman as Jesus admonished us to do, then maybe, just maybe, there will be hope for humanity. Humanity is not going anywhere anytime soon so best get used to it.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:00 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,617,596 times
Quote:
I am so disgusted by all of the arguing and man made doctrines. So much so that I can't seem to post anymore without that disgust showing. This puffed up nonsense is nothing but the work of the devil, and it's just going to get worse.

We are soooo in the last days and I realize that all this confusion is prophesied. So why can't professing Christians see what they are doing and why is it not more important to professing Christians to stop all of this nonsense and start working harder to bring souls to Christ??

This has got to stop and it is Christians responsibility to do so. So I'm here to quote the one verse from the Bible that everyone seems to know, whether Christian or not. John 3:16........believing = eternal life.

If people have time to delve more deeply into the Word of God then that's great. I don't think there is even enough time for that.

Remember the thief on the cross? He believed, and he received.

How did that happen? Jesus loved him and forgave him because the thief asked, obviously with sincerity and true remorse in his heart that only God could see. What is in YOUR heart? God can see it, you know.

With LOVE.
The Bible was written so that every generation will think they are living in the last days. Look at all the people who have died while waiting for last days. The odds are pretty good that everyone reading this post will have their life end before last days. The only last days you'll see are your own

If you truly believe in "The Bible" you can't answer the question, "Could it really be this simple?" because you haven't read the entire book. The Catholic Church is holding the books that would make the "The Bible" complete. I don't know how anyone could stake their belief on incomplete information and have the arrogance to tell nonbelievers they are going to hell. It amazes me how people can follow an incomplete book and then turn it into a religion.

I think of it this way, seldom does a book report get a passing grade if the writer hasn't finished reading the book.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
The Bible was written so that every generation will think they are living in the last days. Look at all the people who have died while waiting for last days. The odds are pretty good that everyone reading this post will have their life end before last days. The only last days you'll see are your own

If you truly believe in "The Bible" you can't answer the question, "Could it really be this simple?" because you haven't read the entire book. The Catholic Church is holding the books that would make the "The Bible" complete. I don't know how anyone could stake their belief on incomplete information and have the arrogance to tell nonbelievers they are going to hell. It amazes me how people can follow an incomplete book and then turn it into a religion.

I think of it this way, seldom does a book report get a passing grade if the writer hasn't finished reading the book.
Well I look at it this way...God is totally in control and nothing any religion tries to do or not do has any bearing on God's Word. They may THINK they have the upper hand by withholding something, but God's Word never returns void so they have nothing. What we may perceive as incomplete because of something men did or didn't do is never the case because God's Word contains exactly what He wants it to contain.

It is as simple as believing what God has presented us with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality