Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:19 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
WE do not disagree here. When Jesus was reborn as Spirit . . . His consciousness became available to us ALL . . . wherever we are, whatever we profess to believe, and whatever path we choose down the funnel. BUT . . . IF we achieve enlightenment and connection to God it will be through the consciousness of Jesus . . . regardless how we got there. It is much easier to start out there, though.
Okay. Well, perhaps that is true. My sense that we are now awakening to embody that consciousness 2,000 years later would align with that.

I still know too much about indigenous spiritual cultures to believe that they were unable to access the highest realms of enlightenment before Christ passed. There were incredibly spiritually advanced civilizations thousands of years before Christ.

I just don't think it all hangs on one person. I think Christ demonstrated it for a certain people that would need that guidance because their destiny would be forever tied to empires and politics and major economics. For them, he may well stand as the embodiment of what is possible.

For others, they had their own guides and mythologies and traditions long before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 11:24 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,261 times
Quote:
Your view clearly embraces the idea that there is NO specific design for the evolution of our species spirituality . . . essentially the nihilist science view of purposelessness and randomness. We fundamentally disagree about that. It is BECAUSE I DO believe in the existence of that design that I looked for it in the spiritual fossil record and followed its evolution and acceptance by progressively more capable intellects up to today. God would not be interested in only a few isolated groups achieving spiritual success . . . the masses are the objective . . . hence the "survival of the fittest" applies to our spiritual evolution as well. You can dismiss the popularity aspec . . . I view it as vital validation . . . especially over millennia in the way it was predicted and expected to happen.
I do not believe that human beings are destined or chosen by God to obtain a widespread worldwide enlightenment. I think that this is yet another thing that must be believed purely on faith. I think that if we can survive long enough it will happen. But there is no reason why mankind will not end before it happens.

Human beings are just one of billions and billions of intelligent species floating on different planets in this universe. There is nothing "nihilistic" about it, and it is not a "science view". I don't know where you got that.

I see it as looking at the universe as a whole. Instead of just focusing on human beings. Do you not believe that there are other intelligent civilizations on other planets? Are human being special among them?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:29 PM

I should clarify, Mystic, that I do agree with you about whatever Maitreya is, he seems to be the full embodiment of consciousness and, therefore, any access to that consciousness may occur through him.

I have experienced him directly and it is clear he is beyond the likes of Muhammad or Buddha and the such.

I am just not sure Christ is the only form that he has manifested on this planet.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:31 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Funky's point, I believe, was that by praying to God and allowing yourself to be guided by the Holy Spirit, you are channeling.

You label channeling by a very narrow definition, but any direct connection with the larger mystery is channeling.
I don't have a narrow view of it, because of what God says about it.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:31 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Human beings are just one of billions and billions of intelligent species floating on different planets in this universe. There is nothing "nihilistic" about it, and it is not a "science view". I don't know where you got that.

I see it as looking at the universe as a whole. Instead of just focusing on human beings. Do you not believe that there are other intelligent civilizations on other planets? Are human being special among them?
I agree . . . and they probably each have their "Jesus" to aid their spiritual evolution. There is nothing human-centric in my view . . except that as a member of that species our path to spiritual maturity has special significance to me. This vast universe of consciousness cannot possibly have a single source producing it in ever expanding fashion.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Well, because of what the Bible says about it, you mean. That's simply your belief that it is God speaking and is irrelevant to a fruitful conversation on this subject.

But the point is that prayer and meditation are channeling by the definition of the Bible. So is being guided by the Holy Spirit.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
So you disagree that the act of praying is a form of channeling?

Old 03-18-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
I agree . . . and they probably each have their "Jesus" to aid their spiritual evolution. There is nothing human-centric in my view . . except that as a member of that species our path to spiritual maturity has special significance to me. This vast universe of consciousness cannot possibly have a single source producing it in ever expanding fashion.
I disagree personally. I do not see any reason why there must be one single spiritual guru to emerge in every society like that. Jesus was no bigger than many other religious figures in history. And many would argue that in the name of Jesus, atrocities and vast suffering has been caused.

It just doesn't add up in my mind. Jesus was not the only mystic to ever walk the Earth. Many came before him, and after him. And they were no lesser than he.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:15 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
I disagree personally. I do not see any reason why there must be one single spiritual guru to emerge in every society like that. Jesus was no bigger than many other religious figures in history. And many would argue that in the name of Jesus, atrocities and vast suffering has been caused.

It just doesn't add up in my mind. Jesus was not the only mystic to ever walk the Earth. Many came before him, and after him. And they were no lesser than he.
My view is based on the logic and evidence I explained already. Yours is based on . . . who knows? Until ONE consciousness achieves PERFECT resonance . . . none of the other consciousnesses can achieve ANY degree of resonance. There will always be the need for the first one . . . and as Buddha said . . . it must be perfect.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
My view is based on the logic and evidence I explained already. Yours is based on . . . who knows? Until ONE consciousness achieves PERFECT resonance . . . none of the other consciousnesses can achieve ANY degree of resonance. There will always be the need for the first one . . . and as Buddha said . . . it must be perfect.
Your theory of "resonance" is another strange one. I don't know where you got all that. I don't think "resonance" is a good way to describe it. And I do not know why you think that until one person becomes spiritually perfect, all others cannot achieve anything spirtually. Care to explain?

There have been many perfect spiritual beings in this world. Perhaps thousands. Jesus just happened to become a celebrity, that's the only thing that makes him different.

I could tell you stories of other holy men who achived the perfect spirituality you speak of. I could tell you all about thier lives and their deaths. They had great influence over people in many towns and cities. They are probably people you have never heard of. What would you think then if I told you these tales? Just because you never heard of them they are less powerful than Jesus Christ? What makes these peoples lives any less important than Jesus'?

My views are based on lots of things. Logic, history, personal experiences, acceptance and knowledge of many religions, not identifying with any one religion, seeing different holy men, practicing spiritulity myself, going to Churches and Temples, a lot of education in the field of Philosophy, and following my own heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality