U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-18-2009, 12:46 AM

3,587 posts, read 3,652,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Exactly. Just because a person hears a voice, or has a very powerful spiritual experience, it does not mean that it is the one and only "God".

Lots of people will have a profound experience. And they automatically say "It's God!".
Actually you are right, God can send an angel to give you a message, or He will speak to you Himself.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 12:48 AM

9,999 posts, read 8,842,872 times
So, in the end, that is precisely what mystics experience. It is no different than what you condone.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:56 AM

Also what ILNC said is correct when you know and reconize Jesus voice you want follow a stangers voice. He has a certain tone in His voice that is you hear it one time then you will never forget it.

John10:27-28
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

John 10
I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. 3The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

When you pray to God you know His voice because He has a unique voice. Satan has a voice also and He can speak and talk to people. That is why Jesus said that His sheep will run from a stranger's voice.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
So, in the end, that is precisely what mystics experience. It is no different than what you condone.
Once again wrong, because what I condone conjuring up spirits. When God speaks to his people you are not conjuring HIm up, He is contacting His people.

When somone conjuring up spirits they have to contact and bring them up, unlike God who can come to people on His own.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:59 AM

1,115 posts, read 2,061,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Actually you are right, God can send an angel to give you a message, or He will speak to you Himself.
Okay, so it changed from "only God" and God sending angels too?

I cannot buy this. These rules seem to be pulled out of thin air. The ONLY things backing this up are some scriptures, and it goes against so many other religions and spiritual paths.

I try to keep my beliefs open on almost everything. But on this , I have to say that I can't believe it. It goes against my own personal experiences.

What if I channeled some other entity besides God or the angels? What is wrong with that? Why can't people do it? Why should a person limit themself like that? Is the Christian God afraid that the other big fellas are gonna steal his people away?

Is the Christian God like the Wal-Mart of the astral plane? Trying to form a monopoly, offer the cheapest prices, and put all the little guys out of business?

I'll tell you what I think. I think that this might have been something that a PRIEST edited into the Bible later on. To make sure people do not try to experiment with other religions, and drift away from his church. A fright tactic to keep people herded like sheep.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:31 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,551,617 times
Quote:
Exactly. Just because a person hears a voice, or has a very powerful spiritual experience, it does not mean that it is the one and only "God".

Lots of people will have a profound experience. And they automatically say "It's God!".
I recall God telling me once, that if I continue to follow Him He would take care of me, and since the only one I ever followed was Jesus Christ, I never questioned who He was, when that statement was made.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I recall God telling me once, that if I continue to follow Him He would take care of me, and since the only one I ever followed was Jesus Christ, I never questioned who He was, when that statement was made.
I am not trying to degrade your experience here. But, how do know that this was actually "God" talking to you? Maybe it was some other being, entity, ghost, angel, spirit, etc?

Why does it always have to be God talking? Also, many people believe that spirits will try to decieve and mislead people.......

Old 03-18-2009, 02:05 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,551,617 times
Quote:
I am not trying to degrade your experience here. But, how do know that this was actually "God" talking to you? Maybe it was some other being, entity, ghost, angel, spirit, etc?

Why does it always have to be God talking? Also, many people believe that spirits will try to decieve and mislead people.......
Well in my experience when God speaks to you, there is always a reason, and it always brings me closer to Him. God suggested to me once to pary about getting a job, and so I did. And as soon as I said the (A) of Amen the phone rang and I got the job. Another time God told me my wife was pregnant, and both her and I learned four hours later that she was. All my life, God has worked this way with me, and sometimes He is very obvious. There are Spirits out there who will try to deceive us, yet in my case, I seem to know the difference between their intentions, and God's. I have had encounters with demons back in 1973, so I know when they are around.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well in my experience when God speaks to you, there is always a reason, and it always brings me closer to Him. God suggested to me once to pary about getting a job, and so I did. And as soon as I said the (A) of Amen the phone rang and I got the job. Another time God told me my wife was pregnant, and both her and I learned four hours later that she was. All my life, God has worked this way with me, and sometimes He is very obvious. There are Spirits out there who will try to deceive us, yet in my case, I seem to know the difference between their intentions, and God's. I have had encounters with demons back in 1973, so I know when they are around.
I totally believe that ou are in touch with some power and it is manifesting in your life in magical ways.

But what makes you think that it is actually "God"?

Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Okay, so it changed from "only God" and God sending angels too?

I cannot buy this. These rules seem to be pulled out of thin air. The ONLY things backing this up are some scriptures, and it goes against so many other religions and spiritual paths.

I try to keep my beliefs open on almost everything. But on this , I have to say that I can't believe it. It goes against my own personal experiences.

What if I channeled some other entity besides God or the angels? What is wrong with that? Why can't people do it? Why should a person limit themself like that? Is the Christian God afraid that the other big fellas are gonna steal his people away?

Is the Christian God like the Wal-Mart of the astral plane? Trying to form a monopoly, offer the cheapest prices, and put all the little guys out of business?

I'll tell you what I think. I think that this might have been something that a PRIEST edited into the Bible later on. To make sure people do not try to experiment with other religions, and drift away from his church. A fright tactic to keep people herded like sheep.

You are very confused and dont understand God. God created angels and angels are messengers of God. If you read the bible then it will tell you these things.

You can channel and talk to spirits, but God said that when you channel you are not talking to Him or his angels. They are evil spirits, that did not come from me, it came from His word. The problem is you dont know because you use the term I think. You are not making much since, and I'm tired of going back and forth with someone who seems to be kind of clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality