U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-19-2009, 02:20 PM
 
4,669 posts, read 4,041,569 times
Reputation: 409

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
So if my girl parts aren't fully functional, by default you claim I'm not female? Nice!
Not the same thing...but nice try to take it off track.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
But what is the Christian solution? Can they have sex with members of the same sex, meaning they have both sexes, so who can they sleep with if they wish to get married? Or since they can't reproduce is it forbidden for them to marry and have sex? Are they then neither sex? If so, who are they Biblically allowed to partner with?

Why did God create them this way?

Here is a little more information for you to go on:

Babies that are born with both male and female sexual organs, or characteristics of both organs, are called hermaphrodites or intersex. A child who is in an intersex state is classified in one of three categories: 1) true hermaphrodite an infant born with both ovaries and testicles and has both male and female sex organs. 2) female pseudohermaphrodite a genetic female with male external sex organs. 3) male pseudohermaphrodite genetic male with external sex organs that fail to develop properly, resulting in female or male/female physical characteristics.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2009, 02:22 PM
 
39,254 posts, read 26,360,822 times
Reputation: 5986
A little food for thought for the "spiritual" Christians discussing these issues . . . does ANY of this sound remotely CARNAL to you instead of spiritual? Just asking?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 02:28 PM
 
4,669 posts, read 4,041,569 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
A little food for thought for the "spiritual" Christians discussing these issues . . . does ANY of this sound remotely CARNAL to you instead of spiritual? Just asking?

You're probably right. I took the bait and got involved in a silly discussion. I'm done now.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 02:45 PM
 
1,403 posts, read 3,110,590 times
Reputation: 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
A little food for thought for the "spiritual" Christians discussing these issues . . . does ANY of this sound remotely CARNAL to you instead of spiritual? Just asking?
what was CARNAL exactly? Because someone mentioned "girl parts"???

Jeez...talk about sexually repressed.


Nice of you to give Kdbrich and "out" though!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 02:57 PM
 
39,254 posts, read 26,360,822 times
Reputation: 5986
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
what was CARNAL exactly? Because someone mentioned "girl parts"???

Jeez...talk about sexually repressed.
He he . . . those who know me would get a real kick out of anyone labeling ME sexually repressed! Thanks for the laugh.
Quote:
Nice of you to give Kdbrich and "out" though!
It didn't seem to be going anywhere fruitful.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM
 
5,006 posts, read 13,780,354 times
Reputation: 2416
kdbrich or any other Christian, do you think that a hermaphodite can then make their own decision on which sex to choose by what they find desireable, a man or a woman?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2009, 04:43 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,231,258 times
Reputation: 669
It would have to depend on which personality they are inclined to act on. If it's the female personality, they would be female, or vise verse. just because they have both sexual organs, doesn't mean they would be both.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2009, 05:01 AM
 
5,006 posts, read 13,780,354 times
Reputation: 2416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It would have to depend on which personality they are inclined to act on. If it's the female personality, they would be female, or vise verse. just because they have both sexual organs, doesn't mean they would be both.

But what would a fundamentalist Christian have to say on this? Would he/she agree with you or just believe that they should abstain from sex, period?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2009, 05:39 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,231,258 times
Reputation: 669
God didn't intend for us to abstain from sex either for procreation or casual if done in love. The only time sex is sinful is if no love is involved because it would then just be animalistic with no thought for either party. So if the person had the inclination to be female, her partner would need to love her for who she is (a child of God) and not what she is (hermaphrodite).
Everyone has their own opinion. I can't say what a fundamentalist would say. My responses are my own because of what I believe.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2009, 06:09 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,278,169 times
Reputation: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It would have to depend on which personality they are inclined to act on. If it's the female personality, they would be female, or vise verse. just because they have both sexual organs, doesn't mean they would be both.
I agree with this but it is like that s/he would develop breasts or not - would that then determine the sex?

I do not think so as s/he would probably only develop feelings one way or the other after puberty and there again likely only after some time anyway. Do the parents make that choice for the child earlier on or not?

All these questions to which answers would be very uniquely individual. Thus when a child discovers that they have feelings of attraction for the same sex say at 16 or so - what is the difference?

The only texts condemn man with man and not woman with woman - I guess back then they raped them into submission? Even today, they more homophobic folk are more against gay men than lesbians.

Seeing we no longer stone adulterers and disobedient children, it is sad folk still cherry pick this one verse to justify their bigotry (or closet fears) - how does the saying go - I think ye protesteth too much.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top