U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 08:15 AM

25,227 posts, read 13,113,325 times

Advertisements

What Does God Have to Say About Hermaphrodites?

"Oops..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 10:13 AM

3,361 posts, read 1,216,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
How would God determine what sex these people actually are and which sex they should marry so they do not sin? Or should they not marry?

Hermaphrodite - Hermaphrodism In Humans
Hermaphroditism in any species can be explained as a naturally occurring process of biology and evolution. If God is responsible, on the other hand, then God has some 'splaining to do. Much as God needs to explain babies with birth defects, and flesh eating bacteria and, well, the list goes on and on. If the explanation is that biology, being a natural process, is not always precise, then there is no intent involved. If God is responsible on the other hand, then such things were done on purpose.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:28 AM

479 posts, read 155,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Hermaphroditism in any species can be explained as a naturally occurring process of biology and evolution. If God is responsible, on the other hand, then God has some 'splaining to do. Much as God needs to explain babies with birth defects, and flesh eating bacteria and, well, the list goes on and on. If the explanation is that biology, being a natural process, is not always precise, then there is no intent involved. If God is responsible on the other hand, then such things were done on purpose.
Don't you think Man and his pollution and own doings have any affect upon birth defects, diseases, or his environment? Seems that your Atheist god, that does not exist, is the blame for everything wrong in your life. Made up, your scapegoat for everything.

Don't drink the water...but you gotta drink something.
Don't breath the air today...good luck with that.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo
How would God determine what sex these people actually are and which sex they should marry so they do not sin? Or should they not marry?

Sin = Harm to Life; to destroy life, or cause harm to life.
To pollute and destroy the earth is sin. To lie and deceive causes harm...

God doesn't reject the harmless; but men with bloody hands do.

God does not make those decisions, we do, and the God I know is always against those that cause Harm and has Blood on their hands.

I don't think a Hermaphrodite is a problem for God; yet it can be a problem for other people. Watch out for bigots.

Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM

76,946 posts, read 68,896,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post

I don't think God micromanages to that extent. I don't think he concerns himself with it.

Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM

54,741 posts, read 53,517,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't think God micromanages to that extent. I don't think he concerns himself with it.
Amen.

I don't think God gives a rat's butt who people have consensual sex with any more than it matters whether we eat baked potatoes or mashed. It's just not important in the grand scheme of things.

Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM

19,426 posts, read 19,559,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Amen.

I don't think God gives a rat's butt who people have consensual sex with any more than it matters whether we eat baked potatoes or mashed. It's just not important in the grand scheme of things.
As an atheist, can I give you an AMEN?
What is it about sex that garners so much more attention than lying, stealing, false witnessing and/ or even, especially, the very first of those commandments?

Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM

39,260 posts, read 26,360,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Amen.
They are all carnal things and they have never really mattered and still don't. Our spiritual development and maturity are and have always been God's concern, period. (The "mature consensual" qualifier is a spiritual one.)

Old Today, 06:41 AM

What Does God Have to Say About Hermaphrodites?

Wanna go fishing?

Old Today, 07:03 AM

14,693 posts, read 11,780,028 times
As if this Infinite Spiritual Being could care about genitalia on
us little, teeny creatures here (ha, sin was even mentioned.. What?)....
It would be like a brilliant nuclear physicist caring about an ant's.

But, Trout's answer was best, Oops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality