Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:13 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,002 times

Advertisements

Quran - At-Tariq (The Knocking Star)
  • 86:1 By the heaven, and The Knocker!
  • 86:2 And how would you (Muhammad) know what The Knocker is?
  • 86:3 It is a piercing Star!
The Neutron star is mentioned in the Quran as the knocking piercing star. The star is piercing because it has intense light and a powerful magnetic field. It's small radius 10-15km radius is heavier than the sun! Its so heavy, 1 teaspoon of its substance will weigh a tonne on earth. If it hits the earth, it will go through the earth like a bullet through butter (piercing).

To hear what the Quran means go to :
The Sounds of Pulsars

and click on Pulsar BSR B0329+54 to hear a typical normal pulsar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 01:19 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,454,679 times
Perhaps you should look at the Baha'i faith. I have a limited understanding of it but if I'm not mistaken the general premise is that any belief is alright in so much as that it believes in a higher power. As I said, I have a very primitive and limited understanding of it but that's how one Baha'i follower explained it to me one time.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:57 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Perhaps you should look at the Baha'i faith. I have a limited understanding of it but if I'm not mistaken the general premise is that any belief is alright in so much as that it believes in a higher power. As I said, I have a very primitive and limited understanding of it but that's how one Baha'i follower explained it to me one time.
I just researched it.

I found this as a list of their beliefs:

WOW! I wish religions were like that!

I am looking into this!

Thanks for your post! Maybe I am Baha'i. I believe they are all right.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:31 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I dont know...

I think they are good.

And no, I do not believe Jesus Christ is the only way. I think that if God exists, then He will take in *anybody* who did good and thought of the best for their fellow humans.

Jesus is one of the many paths you can follow.

WEll, I don't understand your belief, because it seems like you are all over the place. You don't know, but you believe in Jesus, but don't think that He is the only way, and think that He will take anybody, dispite what Jesus says following Him and only Him. So, are you just taking parts of what you want to believe?

Kinda like believing in Jesus, but open to Allah, and practicing Buddha, and meditating and practicing other faiths. It does not make since.

You think that Jesus is not the only way, when He says that He is the only way. I don't understand what you are believing in.

That would be like me saying that I worship Jesus, but Allah is the only way. The two don't go together. Also like me saying that I follow Jesus, but He is not the only say, and I worship Allah. It's one way or the other.

Allah and Jesus is not the same, as well as any other gods. So, do you just plan on following many gods, instead of God? I'm just trying to understand you very wide belief or faith or practice.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:56 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,002 times
Quote:
I just researched it.

I found this as a list of their beliefs:

WOW! I wish religions were like that!

I am looking into this!

Thanks for your post! Maybe I am Baha'i. I believe they are all right.
Who is Bahaullah? Prophet or God? Unfortunately he was just another charlatan. Exposed :
Bahaullah - Prophet or God? The Bahai Awareness Homepage

Equality between men and women. Are you sure? -
http://www.bahaiawareness.com/bahai12.html

Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,501 times
Cool ALL becomes ONE for the personal decisions.

Quote:
I believe in ALL religions and their figures.

For example, I believe in the 10 Gurus of Sikhism, Buddha, Jesus Christ, The Hindu Gods and Goddesses, Wiccan Goddess and God...

... I find peace with all of them.

I know there are some Christians who say you will go to hell if you dont believe in Jesus. ...

My question is: What happens to someone like me who believes in Jesus Christ and other religious figures? So..what happens to someone who accepts all of them?

Thanks!

History determines the character of how religions are compared. Faith is supposed to make life easier for those on the crossroad of values in differing social contentions and ways of tolerance for all participants in the needs of the local and international community. It is supposed to make peace mindedness happen for the unaware.

History fights this kind of individual. He must turn to utter collectivism or utter anarchism. But History can be re-written, andas such, exactly by the power (and the glory) of tolerance and human rights determining the faith as revealed for the lights of the Father (above).

Is that merciful, or is that just? All religions seem to disagree at this point in time over the solution to this question. A personal god is the only answer I know.

Such a God would always be encouraged in the broadest social awareness. But why are we always on this lousy frivolous site?

Personally, God will be just for mis-understanding.

Last edited by tgnostic; 03-22-2009 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality