Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:51 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcellentFudge View Post
Did not know where to post this question, so I thought this forum had the most generality for it. Do you think 2012 will have religious or social impacts never before prepared for?

no.

1999 was due to actual computer code. As far as 2012 is concerned...as a Christian I am to be prepared for Christ's return the next minute, next year or not in my lifetime. There may be a few nutjobs that sit on their rooftops waiting for something to happen...but it won't be widespread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
The more hype put into the 2012 "dooms day" the more books that are sold. I wonder what will be said by these dooms day prophets when 2012 comes and goes just like another day.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:53 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
The more hype put into the 2012 "dooms day" the more books that are sold. I wonder what will be said by these dooms day prophets when 2012 comes and goes just like another day.
They'll be laughing all the way to the bank with their book profits, that's what.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
Quote:
No need to wonder - you can go look up what all the previous ones have said - I doubt the 2012ers will be much different. It's never very interesting because the Doomsday cultists always refuse to get it so the prophets will continue to say whatever they want to their followers. Maybe a few will grow a brain but most will just cling to some new theory.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I'm pretty sure the world will not end. I do, however, feel something great will happen in upstepping our race. I believe our next teacher will arrive around that time.
No offense, Reverend, but this fantasy is what the exploiters are counting on. At least don't give your next teacher a bunch of your money or other resources.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,698,972 times
LOL probably.

All this build up on 12/31/99 and then...poof...nothing lol

It'll be the same on 2012. In fact, most of us that aren't that into it will probably totally forget.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:59 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
No offense, Reverend, but this fantasy is what the exploiters are counting on. At least don't give your next teacher a bunch of your money or other resources.
Naw. This teacher won't want money.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:21 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,261 times
If you look around at the world. It sure looks like the ****e is gonna hit the fan right around 2012. It's already starting to happen without a doubt.

I think that there is some truth in the prophecy. I don't think there will be a huge, sudden, epic change. But around that time, the world is going to enter a new stage of evolution.

This change will happen because technology, politics, economics, and other worldly things are leading in that direction. Around that time, the world will shift into a much more "futurist" state of being. And we will start to see enormous changes in the way everything operates.

I am not even believing it just because of prophecies. I'm believing it just because of where the world is headed. We are about to enter an era in which science fiction becomes reality. That's the change.

I do think those prophecies hold some truth too though.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:22 AM

30 posts, read 50,625 times
Quote:
It'll probably be something like this...

Mankind, using their free will have made some changes in their behavior that have pleased the Gods... so, the Gods have decieded to postpone the scheduled cataclysym. The new doooms-day catastrophe will occur on 00/00/00 (or whenever they all agree on). So, to be prepared you'll need to purchase the following blah blah blah...

I may have to cash in on this myself

Old 03-31-2009, 05:44 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
There may be a few nutjobs that sit on their rooftops waiting for something to happen...but it won't be widespread.
I'm sure nobody can point to ANY period in human history when there weren't nutjobs (occasionally even wackos and wingnuts) running around. Sitting on the roof waiting to see whether or not the world ends should provide some interesting comic relief, at least. I hope someone will make a video showing a group of people perched on a rooftop, looking for signs that the world is about to come to an end. It'll make for much better viewing than "reality television."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality