Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 02:10 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
STOP

This thread is about the curious case of Funky Monk.

This is about an enlightened monk who gets to know his true Buddhism, backwards
You're acting like a troll now. Just stop posting.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
You're acting like a troll now. Just stop posting.
I understand the frustration. That's exactly what I think of you as you keep inflaming Christianity, just like you said.

I'm very eager to read your response to my last post.

Or let's declare a truce and stay put. You don't indulge in false propaganda and I'll pretend you never existed.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:14 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Okay folks, we can do this one of two ways, quit the personal attacks or I can close the thread.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:47 PM

Okay folks, I realize this can be a very volatile topic for discussion but let's try to keep it civilized, OK.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:52 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
What a pathetic propaganda attempt.
Okay, I understand the World Media and Politics is in a conspiracy to propagandize your religion. Let me find some Chinese new articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkster
Those first two pictures are from Sri Lanka. Where a rebel group called the Tamil Tigers is trying to overthrow the government. And those monks are on the governments side to fight against the terrorists. So you might say they are fighting on the good side.
But this was'nt the original story you tried to force down our throats with your own brand of propaganda. You made a blanket statement and listed all the Abrahamic religions as being violent and war mongering. But wait a minute, here are your exact words: "These religions are the sword, gun, bullet, murder, death and violent takeover." If you have ever actually read many of my posts, you would find I have already stated many of these things about many of these religions, and with more effectiveness than you. However, I was simply showing you that your religion has no claim to purity, pacifism and decency as you yourself have just now plainly stated. Like these other religions, your's has no problem going to bed with politicians and backing the so-called right side. In this very way, your religion is equal to Judaism, Christendom & Islam. Most do the same thing throughout history right down to this day. All four of most of those major religions today also believe in a firey damnation of Hellfire and Torment/Torture for the non-believers. I don't, but you four do. Here, let me show you a Buddhist artist rendered picture of the Buddhist version of their HellFire concept.

Here's a very informative link from the University of Idaho which helps explain some of the terminology of Buddhism and the so-called - "Hell Beings" - in the picture above, plus an explanation of other demons, Powerful gods and even lesser gods the Buddhists all believe in. - - - - ->>> Bhavacakra
Hmmmmmmm , did'nt someone earlier say that this was not a religion because they had no dieties ??? Everyone should also note that this info is strictly about the Tibetan Buddhism, which means the gentle though politically ambitious pacifist, Dali Lama who is worshipped as a god, also believes in these religious dogmas.

Quote:
If there was a terrorist group trying to overthrow the US government would you fight against it? That's all they are doing.
Actually, no I would'nt. My belief is that God's Kingdom is no part of this world and I don't involve myself in the politics/wars of any country. I also don't believe in pressuring any government to legislate my views and impose them on others. It's simply none of my affair. I actually do practice what I preach.

Quote:
You are rying to make it look like they were leading that monk away in shame, but that's not even what the caption says.

Couldn't you have done a better job than that? Maybe next you can show some Tibetan Buddhists clashing with Chinese soldiers and try to make them look like savages?
I'm not trying to make it look like anything other than what it really is. I think the truth out there does a good enough job of showing the world that they are no different than any other religion and have indeed done so for centuries. Let's see if we can find more articles about Tibetan Monk violence. Again, these are just the factual news items.

Tibetan monks march on police station

China arrests Tibetan monks for attacking police - China- msnbc.com

Old 04-02-2009, 02:55 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,954 times
Great.

I am not a Buddhist though.

So get over it.

There is a lot of misinformation out there about the Buddhist religion. Watch what you read about it, and be aware of context.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:00 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Okay folks, I realize this can be a very volatile topic for discussion but let's try to keep it civilized, OK.
Well actually I think I have said all I can for what it's worth.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:05 PM

It seems as though this subject cannot be separated from its volatility and gains nothing by continuing. This thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality