Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 04:33 PM
RSH

147 posts, read 258,122 times

Advertisements

It may sound odd but when we dream I believe that we are still clearly aware what is still going on in the spiritual and physical realms.I have read different writings that your spirit is actually leaving your body and going through the spirit realm.I am still not sure about this.I also have these "dreams"and I recall a couple months ago I saw me floating above my body
as soon as I realized it I felt a jolt that woke me up.I also had dreams where I knew I was dreaming and told myself to stay dreaming so I could find the outcome or even change the outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 06:13 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
I too often dream of leaving my physical body and am sitting in front of a fire floating above everything and looking down and seeing this white glow and then realizing that I am the cause of that white glow and that's when I feel more at peace. I once had a Seer tell me that they saw a white aura around me and that it was very bright and impenetrable.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:25 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,276 times
I have a recurring dream that I think would fit into more of a nightmare category. It started when I was about 7, and has continued since, every few months, sometimes with a couple of years in between. When I was younger, I couldn't really describe exactly what it was that I was dreaming about, or what scared me so much about it, but I would wake up and run down the stairs in a panic, and pick up the telephone before I was really awake. My folks would wake up and ask me what was going on, but the only thing I could tell them was "grinding", and "sticks!". When I got older I slowly started to realize exactly what it was. I dream about the massive expanse of the Universe. It's kind of like a distant and dark view of space, accompanied by a low rumbling sound and an extremely slow turning or movement. It feels very uncontrollable and made/makes me feel very very small. There is also a feeling of intense pressure in the dream. Strange, I know, but there it is.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:41 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSH View Post
It may sound odd but when we dream I believe that we are still clearly aware what is still going on in the spiritual and physical realms.I have read different writings that your spirit is actually leaving your body and going through the spirit realm.I am still not sure about this.I also have these "dreams"and I recall a couple months ago I saw me floating above my body
as soon as I realized it I felt a jolt that woke me up.I also had dreams where I knew I was dreaming and told myself to stay dreaming so I could find the outcome or even change the outcome.
That is an Astal Travel Dream as I know it to define. in essence it is thought of as your actual spirit off traveling around. [as apposed to the normal dream which stayes within the confines of the brain or self] The Jolt you had is part of the returning to your body process as you described. Some people might hear their name yelled loudly, a loud bang like a gunshot or feel a tug or jerk on a arm or leg that awakens them. some Astral travel dreams are often mistaken as a haunting or UFO abductions because of the the feeling like being pulled off the bed.
If you do this type of 'traveling' often enough you can use it to gain sporatic information. When I have had Astro Travel Dreams in the past for some strange reason I gain knowledge of small events such as a friend coming to visit or maybe forwarn of suffering. Mostly it is just small things.
Case in point, I was visiting a boyfriend out of town and while he was off at his job I took a nap. During that nap I astro traveled, saw myself then went off into the yard and watched as a friend of my boyfriend came driving up got out of his car and walked into the house and started to take things. odd I thought.... then someone yelled my name and I was back in the waking world. Mind you no one was there to yell my name. Strange Part was within 5 minutes from waking a car pulls up and out pops this "friend" and he walks into the house. I get up and make my presence known... he looks at me startled almost disapointed and grabs a pack of cigarets a lighter and walks out. Let just say it wasn't a pack of cancer sticks he took in my 'travels'.

having an open mind and researching is always a great. Not everyone is going to agree as the out come or understandings in all dreams. Where would the fun be in that - the complete understand by all no variances. No one interpretation is 100% correct, kind of like being Psychic or Empathic.... lots of fuzzy unclear space to muddle through.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Kerowyn wrote:

It's strange but quite often these flying dreams happen indoors in some place like a shopping mall or large building. I've had countless dreams when I'm hoving about a yard or so off the floor and just floating along as people watch me. I often do stunts to show off like flying up to a high ceiling and then flying all over the room. The people who are watching me are always strangers as far as I can remember and the surroundings are generally not familiar although I will occasionally be in a city that I've lived in like Seattle and will see a familiar building like the office I used to work in but generally these dreams are very grandiose and there are always large and futuristic looking buildings that don't really exist. That part I think I understand, I'm interested in architecture and futuristic buildings and spend alot of time on websites that are showing the progress of major projects and I'm sure that they stimulate my imagination. The outdoor flying dreams are just as spectacular and I've give anything to be able to have one of those dreams on film.
I would think many things about having your dreams of flight indoors... but knowing how you like architecture that might have soemthing to do with it. But on a spitual level it could just be that you feel safest right now indoors. Kind of like staying within boundries but being free to express yourself.
And if you re-read that statement you will also see the coralation to Architecture as well. How many boundries building designs have and how much freedom you have within those limits.
Having strangers take note of the specialness that is you and your flight... well you enjoy the attention you get from other when you do good or special works... very normal. We all like to be noticed for what we do. And showing off.... well we all showcase once in a while as well.
All in all I think you have GREAT flying dreams. They speak to the fact that in the skeme of things you are a good person, well rounded, knows your limits and a willingness to excell within those limits. And a little grandstanding never hurts either.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:57 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
good morning, ladies and gentlemen,

you have just been watching the latest news from well-meaning but antiquated hermetic orders...

few, very few real adepts here ... for just as precious few to discover.

have a wonderful day, nonetheless!

Old 04-06-2009, 12:36 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,383,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I have a recurring dream that I think would fit into more of a nightmare category. It started when I was about 7, and has continued since, every few months, sometimes with a couple of years in between. When I was younger, I couldn't really describe exactly what it was that I was dreaming about, or what scared me so much about it, but I would wake up and run down the stairs in a panic, and pick up the telephone before I was really awake. My folks would wake up and ask me what was going on, but the only thing I could tell them was "grinding", and "sticks!". When I got older I slowly started to realize exactly what it was. I dream about the massive expanse of the Universe. It's kind of like a distant and dark view of space, accompanied by a low rumbling sound and an extremely slow turning or movement. It feels very uncontrollable and made/makes me feel very very small. There is also a feeling of intense pressure in the dream. Strange, I know, but there it is.
This is interesting -- as a small kid, I had a recurring dream that was a little bit similar to this. Mine were dreams about the nature of time. In the dreams I would watch factory workers doing their normal work - that's it. But the scene would fill me with dread and I couldn't explain why other than that they were "wasting their time" although that wasn't really the point. In the dream they worked for hours, days and years, and then the same scene would be shown to me again and I would know that, really, no time had passed at all even though these workers had been toiling for many years. It always scared me and I woke up terrified. All I could tell my parents was that time was going too slow for the workers. They thought they had worked for a lifetime but I could see that no time had passed at all. It was very oppressive. I still don't know how to explain it (obviously) but the point always seemed clear to me during the dreams.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I too often dream of leaving my physical body and am sitting in front of a fire floating above everything and looking down and seeing this white glow and then realizing that I am the cause of that white glow and that's when I feel more at peace. I once had a Seer tell me that they saw a white aura around me and that it was very bright and impenetrable.
Hence why you are a spiritual elder. It is said that white light in such a way comes from God, Angels or pure spirits.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:39 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
Hence why you are a spiritual elder. It is said that white light in such a way comes from God, Angels or pure spirits.

You know this is interesting that you say that, in all seriousness, I am the eldest of five siblings and throughout my entire childhood and adulthood I have never contracted any of the childhood diseases even though I have been exposed to them numerous times from my siblings and even now in my latter years of adulthood I have never had the common cold nor have I ever had the flu and I've been exposed to these numerous times, I have never really thought about that until just recently, when one of my siblings was having problems and no I am not adopted, my siblings and I are all the same blood. A little strange now that I think about it.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:10 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
that white light has been coming with cold induction...
just getting to understand that.
clearly not everyone's need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality