Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,477,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I understand this is a thread that is supposed to be about Good News, I've been following this thread and I haven't seen too much good news here and I understand that this is just my opinion, however it sure would be nice to see some good news here or I may have to close this thread.
Its not about "good news" its about bad news which some insanely call "good news".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 01:18 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,388,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Democide is a relatively new term and is all inclusive. It includes the murder of any person or people by a government, including genocide, politicide, and mass murder. Included are the Christian crusades, witch hunts and Spanish inquisition, as well as those perpetrated by Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler and others.
Which simply proves there is no difference between any of you. You are on equal footing, despite wanting to claim superiority of enlightenment for your team.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:33 PM

33,506 posts, read 37,049,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Which simply proves there is no difference between any of you. You are on equal footing, despite wanting to claim superiority of enlightenment for your team.
Team? What team? Please do not put me on any team that promotes, or in any way condones democide...I'm a peaceful man and am appalled at the violence that continues to this day, But I agree that there are few "groups" in the world today that are blameless...

Old 04-07-2009, 06:10 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,477,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post

You mean I'm sure just the "team" that does not believe in the Christian god, not the team that doesn't believe in Allah,Thor, Ra, Odin, Osiris, Quetzecoatl, Zues, Apollo, Ahura, etc., since you are on that "team" yourself.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,388,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
You mean I'm sure just the "team" that does not believe in the Christian god, not the team that doesn't believe in Allah,Thor, Ra, Odin, Osiris, Quetzecoatl, Zues, Apollo, Ahura, etc., since you are on that "team" yourself.
Two teams, Atheists verse Religious. Both have been equal failures throughout history. That's why we have history books. The problem is when in the context of this forum, blanket statements can be made by either side. Simply clarify it in the future. Does that answer your question ???

Unfortunately as time goes on, I even find it necessary to distance myself from some of these rediculous threads, since I can equally be catagorized as part of the Kool-Aid crowd. But having spent some wonderful moments here and reflecting on the contents of the various sides, I have come to the conclusion that Kool-Aid has multiple flavours and no one has the market cornered or the patent for it !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality