Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 04:00 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I'm asking this question regarding any supernatural phenomenon that has ever occurred and by that I would include miracles, extrasensory perception, astral projection, predicting the future, levitation of one's own body or any object, hauntings, ghosts, communicating with the dead, or any other event which appears to defy the laws of physics. This could be something of a religious nature or it could be some human ability that should seemingly be impossible. What I'm looking for is the single strongest case for any supernatural event that has authoritative and legitimate scientific evidence. By that I mean the kind of evidence you could take into a courtroom and present it to a jury and demonstrate that it is factual. Can anyone come up with any supernatural event that can meet that challenge?
You are playing the atheist game of duplicity.
Asking for evidence, then claiming it must be proof.

That's as dishonest as asking for an apple and rejecting it because its not an Orange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 05:49 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post

That's as dishonest as asking for an apple and rejecting it because its not an Orange.
Yes, your straw man is STILL dishonest. The fact you need to do this over and over tells us a lot about your religion.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:50 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I was referring more to feeling then seeing. This is quite easily testable and most people can do it. Simply go into a quite space with few distractions along with a partner. Then hold ones palms face up and have your partner hold theirs face down about 1 inch above yours, concentrate on your mind on the tactile sensation of your hands and you can feel the fields interacting. As to seeing and interpretation that is a bit out of my league, but here is an article on it.

The Human Energy Field (Trans4mind.com - 404 File Not Found - broken link)
The energy field that comes to mind is heat. Palms an inch apart will most certainly feel the heat of each other.

I've the story of the woman at work sensing another guys pain as he approached, unseen to her and she having no idea he had pain. The second time I was present. She started complaining of a pain in her hip then next thing, in walks this guy, holding his hip. That's when she told me of the first time earlier that morning.

Old 04-09-2018, 12:54 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I trust you'll agree that Joan of Arc's defeat of the English armies at Orleans ,Patay, etc. were borne sufficient witness to.
That's something history must accept. It's one of those things where Something turns the war around. If (sorry Godwin) Hitler's Ardennes attack had broken the allies, thrown them out of Europe, made America drop out of the war, enabled Japan to win, India declare independence and join the Axis, Italy stay fascist, Spain Join the war, Germany develop the Bomb. God would have been proven to be real.

If Stalin had been a good ex -KGB Russian orthodox believer like Putin the battles of Kursk and Stalingrad would have been miracles of God, not Stalin finally leaving the war to his generals.

Wars, even those won by a rallying Icon like Joan, do not validate the supernatural, much less the divine.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:46 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post

Montanaguy hasn't posted since 2013.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:12 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Resurrection from the dead happens all the time...assuming we are talking about dead internet threads coming back to life.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:24 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I'm asking this question regarding any supernatural phenomenon that has ever occurred and by that I would include miracles, extrasensory perception, astral projection, predicting the future, levitation of one's own body or any object, hauntings, ghosts, communicating with the dead, or any other event which appears to defy the laws of physics. This could be something of a religious nature or it could be some human ability that should seemingly be impossible. What I'm looking for is the single strongest case for any supernatural event that has authoritative and legitimate scientific evidence. By that I mean the kind of evidence you could take into a courtroom and present it to a jury and demonstrate that it is factual. Can anyone come up with any supernatural event that can meet that challenge?
Creation. No other logical explanation for the existence of the universe.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:47 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Creation. No other logical explanation for the existence of the universe.
How does creation even remotely become a ligical explanation?

Creation is magic, not logic.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

Fundies don't deal well with inconvenient truths.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:40 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

Give a logical alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality