Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 06:19 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Are atheists better lovers than christians?
Well, I did pick up this chick one time at a tent revival meeting and when she started the laying on of hands I must admit that I did cry out "Oh God" on a number of occasions and I don't think that high point in my sexual life has ever been surpassed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 07:21 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Lust is the epitome of selfishness. It is total self indulgence.....it is "what can I get, how can I be satisfied."
Well, lust cannot be all that bad. It is usually somewhere in there when sex is involved. One can love one's brother/sister/father/mother etc but lust is an essential ingredient of sex with someone one may or may not love. Sex without lust would be boring.

Last edited by calmdude; 04-11-2009 at 08:36 PM..

Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM

300 posts, read 735,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Well, I did pick up this chick one time at a tent revival meeting and when she started the laying on of hands I must admit that I did cry out "Oh God" on a number of occasions and I don't think that high point in my sexual life has ever been surpassed.
+1, I also seen xtian chicks dropping all that xtian BS when things get hot... Can't argue with hormones!

Old 04-11-2009, 08:20 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
No, we do not regard human sexual instinct as immoral, filthy, of the devil, etc...it's a wonderful gift God has given us, inside of marriage. We aren't "cold fish" just because we believe sex should be btwn a married couple... or for that matter, we aren't "cold fish" because we didn't come on this thread and brag about our sex lives. THAT'S the difference between Christians and non-Christians...we don't feel the need to brag and tell the world about it.
"We Christians marry only to produce children" - Justin Martyr (c. 100–165)
If a man marries in order to have children, he ought not to have a sexual desire for his wife. He ought to produce children by a reverent, disciplined act of will." - Clement of Alexandria

"What is the difference whether it is in a wife or a mother, it is still Eve the temptress that we must beware of in any woman. I fail to see what use woman can be to man, if one excludes the function of bearing children." Augustine

"In Eden, it would have been possible to beget offspring without foul lust. The sexual organs would have been stimulated into necessary activity by will-power alone, just as the will controls other organs. Then, without being goaded on by the allurement of passion, the husband could have relaxed upon his wife's breasts with complete peace of mind and bodily tranquility, that part of his body not activated by tumultuous passion, but brought into service by the deliberate use of power when the need arose, the seed dispatched into the womb with no loss of his wife's virginity. So, the two sexes could have come together for impregnation and conception by an act of will, rather than by lustful cravings" - Saint Augustine, 354 – 430 (City of God, Book 14, Chapter 26).

"Do you imagine that we approve of any sexual intercourse except for the procreation of children? He who is too ardent a lover of his own wife is an adulterer." St. Jerome

Times have changed.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:20 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Do you believe the Christian bible allows masturbation? Is that sin or not?
I'm with Omaha...I don't believe the Bible speaks of masturbation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
I have a question. Now I am unmarried, mind you:

If I prayed that I could have sex with this hot girl, and I did end up having sex with said girl, what does that say about the Lord?
Doesn't say a thing. If God even heard your prayer, He didn't answer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
"We Christians marry only to produce children" - Justin Martyr (c. 100–165)
If a man marries in order to have children, he ought not to have a sexual desire for his wife. He ought to produce children by a reverent, disciplined act of will." - Clement of Alexandria

"What is the difference whether it is in a wife or a mother, it is still Eve the temptress that we must beware of in any woman. I fail to see what use woman can be to man, if one excludes the function of bearing children." Augustine

"In Eden, it would have been possible to beget offspring without foul lust. The sexual organs would have been stimulated into necessary activity by will-power alone, just as the will controls other organs. Then, without being goaded on by the allurement of passion, the husband could have relaxed upon his wife's breasts with complete peace of mind and bodily tranquility, that part of his body not activated by tumultuous passion, but brought into service by the deliberate use of power when the need arose, the seed dispatched into the womb with no loss of his wife's virginity. So, the two sexes could have come together for impregnation and conception by an act of will, rather than by lustful cravings" - Saint Augustine, 354 – 430 (City of God, Book 14, Chapter 26).

"Do you imagine that we approve of any sexual intercourse except for the procreation of children? He who is too ardent a lover of his own wife is an adulterer." St. Jerome

Times have changed.
None of the above mentioned names mean anything to me. I couldn't care less what these people said in the past.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:34 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
None of the above mentioned names mean anything to me. I couldn't care less what these people said in the past.
Those names shaped the very belief system you hold to.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Those names shaped the very belief system you hold to.
No, my beliefs come straight from the Bible. Do I agree with them? No. Do I study them? No. Do I care what they said? No.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:20 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
No, my beliefs come straight from the Bible. Do I agree with them? No. Do I study them? No. Do I care what they said? No.
Do your beliefs include the Old Testament, or do you only need to follow the New testament teachings?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Wanted to make sure it is known that when I said the above about not agreeing, studying, or caring what "they" said... that "they" are the men nightflight mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Do your beliefs include the Old Testament, or do you only need to follow the New testament teachings?
I believe the OT is the word of God, but we do not live under it. I believe we only live under the NT teachings.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:09 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Sex as recreation is natural for most humans.

Lust is the epitome of selfishness. It is total self indulgence.....it is "what can I get, how can I be satisfied."

Love is the epitome of selflessness. it is "where the happiness of the other is essential to my own happiness."
One or two word labels are not explanations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality