Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:26 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,248,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I consider Jesus as a Jew who lived 2000+ years ago. Not a prophet or a God but a man.

a Jew who lived 2000+ years ago. correct
not a God correct
but a man correct
Not a prophet not correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 11:10 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,832,597 times
Quote:
The Tanakh,New Testament, Quran were written down by man who were inspired by God. Muslims who have been radicalized have committed horrible atrocities in the name of God. That is a fact not a fiction. And all Muslims who want peace and an end to violence need to rise up and look into the reality of the violence. You as a Muslim ought to be taking a look at the reasons of the violence and stop blaming the west. Muslims ought to be horrified at the violence coming from Islam instead blaming it all on everyone except Muslims. Islam is not being blamed because folks want to discredit the Quran. We who have been attacked and 3000+ killed on 9/11 were innocents. The problem lies with Muslims who insist its a scheme to somehow distort the Quran. Islam needs to look inward at itself and STOP blaming everyone else for its violence.

9/11 wasn't in inside Job by the usa or done by Jewish people, it was done by radicalized Muslims who believed they had the only truth and that all others who believe differently needed to die. Its as simple as that. And there are voices out there who call for balance in the blame game but posts like yours make it difficult.

Anyone that criticizes others (and excluding his own people) is almost wrong and almost is fanatic. This includes me, you and others.

You also don't blame your people, and I too incline not to blame Muslims. All people belonging to different religions and different sects and different nationalities behave like this.

On my part, I don't quit Muslims from all evil and bad behavior and conduct; on the contrary Muslims, being about 1.5 billions, like all other people have much defect and bad conduct.

I confirm that many Muslims now act contrary to the Quran revealed to Mohammed, as do Jews work contrary to the Torah revealed to Moses, and as do Christians work contrary to the Gospel revealed to Jesus.

And this is in the Quran 4: 123
لَّيْسَ بِأَمَانِيِّكُمْ وَلا أَمَانِيِّ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ مَن يَعْمَلْ سُوءًا يُجْزَ بِهِ وَلاَ يَجِدْ لَهُ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ وَلِيًّا وَلاَ نَصِيرًا

The explanation:
(It is not according to your vain desires [Muslims] nor the vain desires of [Jews and Christians:] the people of the Bible [: lit. Scripture]; but anyone who does evil shall be punished [by God] accordingly, and shall not find for him beside God any patron or helper.)

See also my posts in this forum:
The religion of God is the First Commandment
<http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ml#post8242912>

The patron saint
<http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ml#post8611552>

In addition to this thread:
God is the same Allah and Yahweh

Old 11-21-2009, 01:31 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,031,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
not a God correct
but a man correct

In your tradition he is a prophet, but not mine. So you are correct according to your tradition and you have a right to your belief and I have a right to mine.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:51 PM

[quote=eanassir;11720423]Anyone that criticizes others (and excluding his own people) is almost wrong and almost is fanatic. This includes me, you and others. Wrong, those who criticize are not almost always wrong nor are they fanatics. People criticizing Islam are correct to do that due to the violence coming from Islam. Where they are wrong is to lump all Muslims together. When Jews start attacking and killing non-jews I will be the first to stand up and condemn them.

You also don't blame your people, and I too incline not to blame Muslims. All people belonging to different religions and different sects and different nationalities behave like this. Again you are wrong at this time in history it is not the Christians and Jews killing non-believers it is Muslims.

On my part, I don't quit Muslims from all evil and bad behavior and conduct; on the contrary Muslims, being about 1.5 billions, like all other people have much defect and bad conduct. Yes they do but they don't seem to want to get it under control. Those moderate Muslims need to get active and help bring your Ummah back to a moderate worldview.

I confirm that many Muslims now act contrary to the Quran revealed to Mohammed, as do Jews work contrary to the Torah revealed to Moses, and as do Christians work contrary to the Gospel revealed to Jesus. Within Christianity and Judaism there are different denominations and thus we don't all think alike. When Islam allows for that the religion will become more peaceful.

And this is in the Quran 4: 123
لَّيْسَ بِأَمَانِيِّكُمْ وَلا أَمَانِيِّ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ مَن يَعْمَلْ سُوءًا يُجْزَ بِهِ وَلاَ يَجِدْ لَهُ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ وَلِيًّا وَلاَ نَصِيرًا

The explanation:
(It is not according to your vain desires [Muslims] nor the vain desires of [Jews and Christians:] the people of the Bible [: lit. Scripture]; but anyone who does evil shall be punished [by God] accordingly, and shall not find for him beside God any patron or helper.) I'm not interested in the ayats you send my way. I have no interest in folks who send ayats and verses to prove their point.

Originally Posted by eanassir

But some posters here, on purpose, mix things in a cunning way: e.g. if one tells them the Quran is true, they say to him: What about 11/9 ; so what has brought 11/9 to our discussion?

In fact they use such cunning to stop people from telling the truth about the Glorious Quran and that all of the Quran is the First Commandment and related to the First Commandment that God is One without associate.

To me, I think those who do such violence: killing innocent people and those who exploit it are only the intelligence of some Western countries in order to impede the progress of the Quran and to confuse people; lest they should know the truth about the Glorious Quran: so they make the picture distorted before their eyes lest they should convert to the Islam religion.

Therefore, I shall not reply to any wicked that use such words as 9/11, terrorism etc, and ascribe that to the Islam religion; because such wicked person is in fact trying to let the poster fear and so to stop speaking about the Glorious Quran.

Again those who put the blame on the Muslim terrorists are not just attacking Islam in order to attack the Qur'an they are simply putting the blame where it belongs. The mistake they make is to blame all Muslims. There is NO excuse ever for killing innocents. EVER!

They question the Quran and the terrorists because the terrorists claim they do it for God and that the quran calls them to kill all non believers where ever they find them. They say the quran equates Jews to monkeys and that you should kill them where ever you find them. The questions are not wrong to ask as long as fanatical Muslims use the quran to justify their violence.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:49 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,248,168 times
Quote:
In your tradition he is a prophet, but not mine. So you are correct according to your tradition and you have a right to your belief and I have a right to mine.
could you tell me about Moses and Muhammad?

Old 11-21-2009, 08:38 PM

[quote=Jazzymom;11721830]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Anyone that criticizes others (and excluding his own people) is almost wrong and almost is fanatic. This includes me, you and others. Wrong, those who criticize are not almost always wrong nor are they fanatics.
After reading all your words carefully, it is evident your bias and alignement to one side and seeing one side only.

And you said you don't like citing the ayat of the Quran; I too don't like those who do not consider God's revelations.

So now it is obvious that you belong to the group that are neither Muslims nor Christians, and they stir the sedition and dissension between Muslims and Christians to their advantage.

Last edited by eanassir; 11-21-2009 at 09:14 PM..

Old 11-22-2009, 06:37 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,533,909 times
Quote:
not a God correct
but a man correct
That's your take on the matter. I must have missed the memo declaring you to be right, and anyone who believes differently to be wrong.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 AM

>>[quote=eanassir;

After reading all your words carefully, it is evident your bias and alignement to one side and seeing one side only.

And you said you don't like citing the ayat of the Quran; I too don't like those who do not consider God's revelations.

So now it is obvious that you belong to the group that are neither Muslims nor Christians, and they stir the sedition and dissension between Muslims and Christians to their advantage.[/quote]<<<

I know much more about Islam then you give me credit for. It was a religion I studied for several years. And you are right I am neither a Christian or a Muslim, I am a Jew and I do not stir up sedition but I examine what I see as the truth. Jews do not stir up dissension between Christian and Muslim they do that just fine all by themselves. I in fact have been one of the few to caution those who would lump all Muslims together as terrorists and Islam as a religion of violence to caution that not all Muslims are fanatics. I would say my bias is far less then many people.

I belong to a religion that is included in the peoples of the book. I do not consider the quran to be literal but I do understand that Muslims consider it to be inspired by God. I have no doubt that Muhammad believed he was given the quran but again it was written down by man and thus its not infallible. Same for the Gospels and the Tanakh. All inspired by God and written down by man. I believe that each tradition is a path to God, it just is not my tradition. I do find it amazing that even though the quran speaks of peoples of the book, it is Islam that insists on placing the Jews somehow out of the peoples of the book when Jews were the original peoples of the book and Jews predate Christianity and Islam. Where do you think you get your stories from? The Tanakh of course and that is where the Christians got their old testament from.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 11-22-2009 at 08:13 AM..

Old 11-22-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
could you tell me about Moses and Muhammad?
Muhammad: a man who received over a period of time the Quran which was written down after his death.

Moses: A prophet of God who according to the tanakh led the israelites out of Egypt and slavery. He is also believed to be a prophet in Islam too.

And your point?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I have no doubt that Muhammad believed he was given the quran but again it was written down by man and thus its not infallible. Same for the Gospels and the Tanakh. All inspired by God and written down by man.
God - be glorified - sent a large number of apostles, before Moses, and Moses was not the first prophet of God.

The Torah was revealed to Moses; and before it there were the revelations of Abraham, most of which then were included in the Book of Genesis, which the Children of Israel inherited from their fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; then after some hundred years Moses came and the Torah was revealed to him: the Ten Commandments were inscribed by God Almighty on the Tablets of stones.

Moses then cast the Tablets which were so broken; and then the Children of Israel copied the Ten Words on the parchment, in addition to the rest parts of the Pentatuche which were revealed to Moses - salam be to him.

And God Himself Who sent Moses, He also sent many apostles before him.

And after Moses, God sent many other apostles; this is up to Him: no one can restrict His wisdom and acts.

God then sent Jesus, and Jews refused him, then sent the apostles Peter and his comrades and they were denied by Jews.

Then God sent Prophet Mohammed to the Arab and to all the nations, and he was denied by many people. To Mohammed, the Quran was revealed to be a light and guidance to all humanity.

So all these heavenly books: the Torah, the Gospel and the Quran; have to be written down; then who will write them down other than men? Therefore men wrote the revealed word of God: the Gospel and the Quran, as had they written the Torah before.

Quote:
Where do you think you get your stories from? The Tanakh of course and that is where the Christians got their old testament from.
Some of the stories cited in the Quran, had also been cited in the Torah before; but that does not mean that the Quran is invented because some of its stories have been repeated in the Quran like those of the Torah.

No, it means that God Himself Who revealed the Torah to Moses, He Himself revealed the Gospel to Jesus and the Quran to Mohammed. In addition, many mistakes that occurred in the stories of the Torah have been corrected in the Glorious Quran; in addition the Quran confirms the Ten Commandments and in particulra the First Commandment which is the most important of all the Commandments.

And this is in the Quran 4: 82
أَفَلاَ يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ اللّهِ لَوَجَدُواْ فِيهِ اخْتِلاَفًا كَثِيرًا

The explanation:
(Will they not ponder the Quran? [to see it invites people to God alone without associate or patron]

If it had been from [anyone] other than God, they would have found therein much variation [from the ancient heavenly books, like the Torah, contradicting the monotheism.])

<The Disagreement of the (http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/index.htm#ten_commandment_of_Quran - broken link)>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality