Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:43 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
God - be glorified - sent a large number of apostles, before Moses, and Moses was not the first prophet of God.

The Torah was revealed to Moses; and before it there were the revelations of Abraham, most of which then were included in the Book of Genesis, which the Children of Israel inherited from their fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; then after some hundred years Moses came and the Torah was revealed to him: the Ten Commandments were inscribed by God Almighty on the Tablets of stones.

Moses then cast the Tablets which were so broken; and then the Children of Israel copied the Ten Words on the parchment, in addition to the rest parts of the Pentatuche which were revealed to Moses - salam be to him.

And God Himself Who sent Moses, He also sent many apostles before him.

And after Moses, God sent many other apostles; this is up to Him: no one can restrict His wisdom and acts.

God then sent Jesus, and Jews refused him, then sent the apostles Peter and his comrades and they were denied by Jews.

Then God sent Prophet Mohammed to the Arab and to all the nations, and he was denied by many people. To Mohammed, the Quran was revealed to be a light and guidance to all humanity.

So all these heavenly books: the Torah, the Gospel and the Quran; have to be written down; then who will write them down other than men? Therefore men wrote the revealed word of God: the Gospel and the Quran, as had they written the Torah before.

Some of the stories cited in the Quran, had also been cited in the Torah before; but that does not mean that the Quran is invented because some of its stories have been repeated in the Quran like those of the Torah.

No, it means that God Himself Who revealed the Torah to Moses, He Himself revealed the Gospel to Jesus and the Quran to Mohammed. In addition, many mistakes that occurred in the stories of the Torah have been corrected in the Glorious Quran; in addition the Quran confirms the Ten Commandments and in particulra the First Commandment which is the most important of all the Commandments.

And this is in the Quran 4: 82
أَفَلاَ يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ اللّهِ لَوَجَدُواْ فِيهِ اخْتِلاَفًا كَثِيرًا

The explanation:
(Will they not ponder the Quran? [to see it invites people to God alone without associate or patron]

If it had been from [anyone] other than God, they would have found therein much variation [from the ancient heavenly books, like the Torah, contradicting the monotheism.])

<The Disagreement of the (http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/index.htm#ten_commandment_of_Quran - broken link)>
I never said he was the first prophet of God he was one of many. I never said the quran was invented, it was revealed to Muhammad and written down by man. Thus fallible. I am also aware of the stories you speak of because they were in the Tanakh first. But like the Christians, Muslims took them and changed many of them to suit their beliefs.

The Muslims refused also to acknowledge Jesus as the son of God. Christians, and Jews have never accepted Muhammad as a prophet.

Muhammad got mad because the Jews would not convert to Islam or acknowledge Muhammad as a prophet so he got mad at the Jews.

Jews, Christians and Muslims are peoples of the book.

The Quran is not a historical source its a book taken through faith, but not provable. Because their was no one with Muhammad when he was meditating in the cave. He was there alone.

The Quran, Tanakh, Old Testament & New Testament were speaking to a people, at a specific time and answering specific questions.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 11-22-2009 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 05:50 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Muhammad: a man who received over a period of time the Quran which was written down after his death.

Moses: A prophet of God who according to the tanakh led the israelites out of Egypt and slavery. He is also believed to be a prophet in Islam too.

And your point?
thank you

and my point is

you said that Jesus is not a prophet and if you do not believe in Moses and Muhammad as prophets then it is the same thing.

and if you believe in Muhammad then you should believe in Jesus as a prophet because Muhammad told us that Jesus is a prophet.

and if you do not believe in Muhammad but you believe in Moses then
see and hear the Jewish rabbi mentioning the name Muhammad from his bible

from minute 4:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cur_6aYs_7k

Old 11-22-2009, 05:59 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Wink I don't know about the rest. A juggler not?

Thanks anyway, but the name only makes the presence of under-explaining what even Solomon could have meant for the value of his wealth, and goods and services attitude for the love of Man and international negotiating.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:40 AM

55 posts, read 66,852 times
one god for all world is Allah

[CENTER]وَإِلَهُكُمْ إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ لاَّ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الرَّحْمَنُ الرَّحِيمُ [/CENTER]

Old 11-23-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
thank you

and my point is

you said that Jesus is not a prophet and if you do not believe in Moses and Muhammad as prophets then it is the same thing.

and if you believe in Muhammad then you should believe in Jesus as a prophet because Muhammad told us that Jesus is a prophet.

and if you do not believe in Muhammad but you believe in Moses then
see and hear the Jewish rabbi mentioning the name Muhammad from his bible

from minute 4:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cur_6aYs_7k
Muhammad was not a prophet. That is my belief. watching a video will not change that. Jesus is not a prophet either. Moses is a prophet and he is among many in the Hebrew Tanakh. Your video does not prove a thing. The Hebrew consonants Mem- Hay- mem- dalet without vowels do not prove that the word is Muhammad. Also many of the prophecies that Muslims use from the bible to prove Muhammad are the same ones that Christians use to prove Jesus.

The Lord said to me [Moses]: ‘What they say is good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like you among their brothers; I will put My words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My Name, I will Myself call him to account.’ (Deuteronomy, 18.17-19 This is given as one of the bible verses used to prove Muhammad's prophethood. I don't see his name.

(Deut. 18:15-19) Same verse Christians use to prove Jesus as the ultimate prophet.
http://bible.org/seriespage/false-pr...eronomy-181-22
15 “The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear, 16 according to all you desired of the LORD your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.’ 17 And the LORD said to me: ‘What they have spoken is good. 18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. 19 And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him’” (NKJV).
This passage is one of the great Messianic prophecies of the Pentateuch. It compliments other prophecies, such as these:

authorship of Quran
The question of the Qur'an which is in our possession today is not the original revelation which was revealed via Muhammad to his followers. In fact, according to tradition, it is the work of Muhammad's secretary Zaid ibn Thabit, who finally compiled it 14 years after Muhammad's death, during the reign of Uthman. Where, then, is the miracle in that? From an historical perspective the argument falls even further into disrepute, as many historians believe that very little of the Qur'an was actually written by Muhammad, but was rather the result of an evolving set of polemical writings which became canonized in the 9th-10th century, 200-300 years after the life of Muhammad. Can we claim this a miracle?
The further one uncovers the facts, the further it becomes clear that the Qur'an is not the miracle which Muslims like to point to as proof for Muhammad's credibility as a prophet. http://debate.org.uk/topics/theo/muhammad.htm#B (broken link)

Last edited by Jazzymom; 11-23-2009 at 06:34 AM..

Old 11-23-2009, 01:15 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times
Quote:
Muhammad was not a prophet. That is my belief. watching a video will not change that. Jesus is not a prophet either. Moses is a prophet and he is among many in the Hebrew Tanakh. Your video does not prove a thing. The Hebrew consonants Mem- Hay- mem- dalet without vowels do not prove that the word is Muhammad. Also many of the prophecies that Muslims use from the bible to prove Muhammad are the same ones that Christians use to prove Jesus.

The Lord said to me [Moses]: ‘What they say is good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like you among their brothers; I will put My words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My Name, I will Myself call him to account.’ (Deuteronomy, 18.17-19 This is given as one of the bible verses used to prove Muhammad's prophethood. I don't see his name.
The Qur’an mentions :

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

MUHAMMAD (PBUH) PROPHESISED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY:

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh).
Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.
However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

i)
Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.
[Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

ii)
Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.
iii)
Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."
[Deuteronomy 18:18]

iv)
Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).
v)
Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."
iv)
Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).
It is Mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:
"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."
When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim.

In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:
Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:
"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "
All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."
Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."
Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".
"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.
Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".
The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Dr Naik

Old 11-23-2009, 01:21 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,779 times
Quote:
Muhammad was not a prophet...
Jesus is not a prophet either.
Moses is a prophet and he is among many in the Hebrew Tanakh.
If Mohammed who broke up the idols was not a prophet, then who would be the prophet?

Every apostle invites people to God alone: this in fact is the First Commandment that God is One and none other than He should be worshipped.

Therefore, any one inviting to God alone and that the exclusive devotion should be to God alone → then he is the apostle of God;

and anyone that invites to idols or to glorify those other than God → then he is not an apostle of God.

Moreover, the true apostle of God testifies to the apostles before him and the revealed books before his book.

On these two bases: both Jesus and Mohammed are true apostles of God, and not only Moses.

How this is:
When Jesus was asked about what commandment is the most important: he said: The First Commandment is: Our god is One God, and you should love God more than anything and anyone else and love God with all your mind, all your strength, and from all your heart. And Jesus said: I came to confirm the Law revealed to Moses, not to contradict it.

And about Mohammed: it is known very well that his teachings based on: No god but God alone without associate or equal or patron, without son or parents. God is the Eternal. And Mohammed did not rest until he broke up all the idols in Arabia.

And Mohammed confirmed the prophets before him, including Moses and Jesus and all the other prophets of God. And the Quran confirmed the Torah revealed to Moses, the Psalms revealed to David, the Books revealed the prophets, and the Gospel revealed to Jesus.
While the false prophets are the prophets of the idols, like the idol Baal which the Israelites worshipped in the past.
quran-ayat.com/conflict/english2.htm#They_Worshiped_the_Idols_
http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/english2.htm#They_Worshiped_the_Idols_ (broken link)

Quote:
Also many of the prophecies that Muslims use from the bible to prove Muhammad are the same ones that Christians use to prove Jesus.

This prophecy is not related to Jesus Christ, but is related to Prophet Mohammed; because Jesus was one of them, while Mohammed was from among their brethren: Ismael the brother of Isaac; Isaac is the grandfather of the Israelites, while Mohammed is descendant of Ismael the brother of Isaac.

>> So "a Prophet like you" Mohammed is like Moses in rank and what he did with his obedience to God.
>> "I will put My words in his mouth": Mohammed spoke the Quran which is the word of God.
>> And anyone who does not pay attention to the revelation brought to the apostle then God Himself will recompense him and punish him.

Quote:
authorship of Quran
The question of the Qur'an which is in our possession today is not the original revelation which was revealed via Muhammad to his followers.
You say this without any proof, only your assertion.

Quote:
In fact, according to tradition, it is the work of Muhammad's secretary Zaid ibn Thabit, who finally compiled it 14 years after Muhammad's death, during the reign of Uthman. Where, then, is the miracle in that?
How you can assert this, can you prove it, or only such people say whatever they like without proof.

Quote:
From an historical perspective the argument falls even further into disrepute, as many historians believe that very little of the Qur'an was actually written by Muhammad, but was rather result of an evolving set of polemical writings which became canonized in the 9th-10th century, 200-300 years the after the life of Muhammad. Can we claim this a miracle?
Anyone can say anything; but where is the proof?

Quote:
The further one uncovers the facts, the further it becomes clear that the Qur'an is not the miracle which Muslims like to point to as proof for Muhammad's credibility as a prophet. Muhammad (http://debate.org.uk/topics/theo/muhammad.htm#B - broken link)
This is only what you say, and the link you provided above is very long and its objections have to be refuted one by one. The link below gives much insight.
The Disagreement of the (http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/index.htm - broken link)

Last edited by eanassir; 11-23-2009 at 01:36 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
If Mohammed who broke up the idols was not a prophet, then who would be the prophet?

Every apostle invites people to God alone: this in fact is the First Commandment that God is One and none other than He should be worshipped.

Therefore, any one inviting to God alone and that the exclusive devotion should be to God alone → then he is the apostle of God;

and anyone that invites to idols or to glorify those other than God → then he is not an apostle of God.

Moreover, the true apostle of God testifies to the apostles before him and the revealed books before his book.

On these two bases: both Jesus and Mohammed are true apostles of God, and not only Moses.

How this is:
When Jesus was asked about what commandment is the most important: he said: The First Commandment is: Our god is One God, and you should love God more than anything and anyone else and love God with all your mind, all your strength, and from all your heart. And Jesus said: I came to confirm the Law revealed to Moses, not to contradict it.

And about Mohammed: it is known very well that his teachings based on: No god but God alone without associate or equal or patron, without son or parents. God is the Eternal. And Mohammed did not rest until he broke up all the idols in Arabia.

And Mohammed confirmed the prophets before him, including Moses and Jesus and all the other prophets of God. And the Quran confirmed the Torah revealed to Moses, the Psalms revealed to David, the Books revealed the prophets, and the Gospel revealed to Jesus.
While the false prophets are the prophets of the idols, like the idol Baal which the Israelites worshipped in the past.
quran-ayat.com/conflict/english2.htm#They_Worshiped_the_Idols_
The Disagreement of the (http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/english2.htm#They_Worshiped_the_Idols_ - broken link)

This prophecy is not related to Jesus Christ, but is related to Prophet Mohammed; because Jesus was one of them, while Mohammed was from among their brethren: Ismael the brother of Isaac; Isaac is the grandfather of the Israelites, while Mohammed is descendant of Ismael the brother of Isaac.

>> So "a Prophet like you" Mohammed is like Moses in rank and what he did with his obedience to God.
>> "I will put My words in his mouth": Mohammed spoke the Quran which is the word of God.
>> And anyone who does not pay attention to the revelation brought to the apostle then God Himself will recompense him and punish him.

You say this without any proof, only your assertion.

How you can assert this, can you prove it, or only such people say whatever they like without proof.

Anyone can say anything; but where is the proof?

This is only what you say, and the link you provided above is very long and its objections have to be refuted one by one. The link below gives much insight.
The Disagreement of the (http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/index.htm - broken link)

If I break up idols does that make me a prophet?

You have no proofs of your assertions other then the quran and that cannot be proven. It is a know fact that the quran was not written down until Muhammad died, and it was not codified until much later.

Scholarship has more merit because the folks who study religion use more then a book to prove what they say.

I did link a site, although I could link 100 such sites but you would see all of them as not having proof. The fact is that scholars do more then just quote ayats. There is actual scholar ship by people who have spent their lives studying religion/Islam. Archeologists who work at actual dig sites. There can be no proof from just one book.

Muhammad (http://debate.org.uk/topics/theo/muhammad.htm#B - broken link)

Old 11-24-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
The Qur’an mentions :

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

MUHAMMAD (PBUH) PROPHESISED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY:

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh).
Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.
However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

i)
Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.
[Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

ii)
Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.
iii)
Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."
[Deuteronomy 18:18]

iv)
Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).
v)
Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."
iv)
Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).
It is Mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:
"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."
When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim.

In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:
Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:
"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "
All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."
Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."
Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".
"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.
Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".
The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Dr Naik

Spare me the verses and ayats it proves nothing.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
The Qur’an mentions :

You are aware, I take it, that "unlettered" is not a reference to vowels. The word means "illiterate."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality