Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:34 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I know! Isn't it beautiful? One nation, under God, indivisible indeed.
and that is what I am talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 01:37 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
The wisdom from which I speak was not derived from reason and logic. It was derived from deep, transcendent spiritual experience through which a degree of truth for which I am capable of knowing was revealed to me.

MysticPhD, based on his posts, certainly does not derive his views from "reason and logic".

You keep reducing the world to "black and white", Fundie, because that's what you need for your growth at this stage.

That is perfectly fine and I wish you well in that journey. The problem comes in when you judge and dismiss others operating on a level you do not yet even know exists, much less understand.

You insist that God only speaks through your interpretation of scripture, so that is all you will ever know of God. For, so long as you adhere to that belief, that is all the wisdom God will reveal to you. You will demonstrate that you do not have ears to listen or eyes to see.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Keep in mind that the Nation of Islam faith continues to grow, even in this country.
I am married to a former muslim. Most islamics here in the U.S. do not understand true Islam.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:38 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have seen USMC before and I have never seen her support mystics so I was just checking. Second all religions sound wonderful and loving on the surface and if I read your post first glance I may have agreed but because I know that is made up of reason and logic and not scripture then it is not from God.
Ok Fundy, you have to quit saying things like that because it does not draw others to you in love. We all could argue and argue and everyone show proof of their own truths but the bottom line is, you have no proof that the bible is the word of God. Only what others have told you. You learned from others and are told not to seek for other truths because of fear. You will know them by their fruits. Reading the bible is not a fruit. My messages are not fruit. Actions and words are the fruits. You can get those in all kinds of places.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:39 PM

756 posts, read 2,219,019 times
Quote:
It's like the story of the woman praying for God to save her from a flood and three helicopters come by to help. "No! God will save me." Not realizing the whole time that's precisely what God was doing.
I don't even know what a mystic is or believes. I believe God and the Holy Spirit speak through us. Model peace and love and people will listen and learn about God. The posts I have read by Bluefly have been more Christian in nature than a lot of the other posts of self proclaimed Christians. Personally, I would rather converse with his/her gentle manner and spirit than some others!

Good post Bluefly!

Adding: (Fundamentalist - not talking about you here!)

Old 04-08-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
The wisdom from which I speak was not derived from reason and logic. It was derived from deep, transcendent spiritual experience through which a degree of truth for which I am capable of knowing was revealed to me.

MysticPhD, based on his posts, certainly does not derive his views from "reason and logic".

You keep reducing the world to "black and white", Fundie, because that's what you need for your growth at this stage.

That is perfectly fine and I wish you well in that journey. The problem comes in when you judge and dismiss others operating on a level you do not yet even know exists, much less understand.

You insist that God only speaks through your interpretation of scripture, so that is all you will ever know of God. For, so long as you adhere to that belief, that is all the wisdom God will reveal to you. For you will demonstrate that you do not have ears to listen or eyes to see.
Bluefly you do all that as well. Do you not see your hypocrisy and the flaws in your logic? You play on words. You still use reason and logic

Old 04-08-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
I don't even know what a mystic is or believes. I believe God and the Holy Spirit speak through us. Model peace and love and people will listen and learn about God. The posts I have read by Bluefly have been more Christian in nature than a lot of the other posts of self proclaimed Christians. Personally, I would rather converse with his/her gentle manner and spirit than some others!

Good post Bluefly!
What is more important USMC? love or truth? If love and no truth then how can that be love? if truth then isn't that love?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Bluefly you do all that as well. Do you not see your hypocrisy and the flaws in your logic? You play on words. You still use reason and logic

Am I to deny the vast power God gave me to reason? I am simply saying that the core transcendent wisdom of life cannot be reasoned or deduced from logic. It must be experienced.

We are all given the level of truth we prove capable of handling, no more. There is no hypocrisy. Simply a lack of understanding what that means.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
What is more important USMC? love or truth? If love and no truth then how can that be love? if truth then isn't that love?
Love is truth.

You make it far too complicated.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Am I to deny the vast power God gave me to reason? I am simply saying that the core transcendent wisdom of life cannot be reasoned or deduced from logic. It must be experienced.

We are all given the level of truth we prove capable of handling, no more. There is no hypocrisy. Simply a lack of understanding what that means.
You accused me of doing the same things you do, there lay the hypocrisy.

Says who. You speak with such authority but it is you, man centered your opinion, your view. Does that no make you god?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality