Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:13 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,779 times

Advertisements

The religion of God

The religion of God is the First Commandment: that God is One without associate or peer or equal.

And the First Commandment is the religion of God preached by all the apostles and prophets.

It means the religion is to be exclusively devoted to God alone.

Therefore, to love God is the important thing, but this love should be more than any other love in order to be approved.

And to love God with all your heart, mind and power. And to love Him more than any other prophet or apostle.

This is in the Gospel according to Mark, chapter 12: 29-30
“29-And Jesus answered him: The first commandment of all is: Hear, O Israel; the Lord your God is one God.
30-And you shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength. This is the first commandment.”

This is in regard to all the heavenly religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam:
All people have to love God more than Jesus, Moses and Mohammed.

This is in the Quran 2: 165
وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَتَّخِذُ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ أَندَاداً يُحِبُّونَهُمْ كَحُبِّ اللّهِ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَشَدُّ حُبًّا لِّلّهِ
The explanation:
(Yet [some] of people choose [to worship], other than God, rivals [to God]; they love [these rivals] as God should be loved. – But those who believe love God more ardently.)

So if your loving anyone of these apostles equals to the love of God Who sent them, then this is disapproved.

And if man truly loves God, he should follow his apostle of his time: Moses, Jesus and Mohammed.

And this is in the Quran 3: 31
قُلْ إِن كُنتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَاللّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ
The explanation:
(Say [O Mohammed, to those unbelievers who claim loving God:]
"If you [indeed] were loving God, follow me [concerning the monotheism], then God will love you and forgive you your sins;
for God is Most Forgiving [and] Most Merciful.")

Man after Death

Last edited by eanassir; 04-08-2009 at 09:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 02:47 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Apparently, the idea is to post something totally incontrovertible. Now let's start counting down the minutes until the screaming and yelling begins...

Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 PM

How can the First Commandment be the whole religion of God?

The First Commandment: (God is One without associate or peer), is the basis of the religion of God as a whole: for this reason it is the most important of all the Commandments:

All rites should be devoted to God alone, and to share or associate none else with Him:

The daily prayers are for Him alone,
The fasting is only for God,
The pilgrimage is for Him,
The alms-giving is for His sake alone.

To supplicate Him only, to swear by His name, to vow for Him, to put trust in God Almighty, to ask one's needs from Him, to do all the righteous work for His sake only: asking His assistance in every situation, seeking His help at all circumstances, and to glorify Him alone other than anyone else.

This is in the Gospel according to Luke 16: 13
"No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to one, and despise the other. You aren't able to serve God and mammon{"Mammon" refers to riches or a false god of wealth.}."

This is in the Quran 39: 2-3
إِنَّا أَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ فَاعْبُدِ اللَّهَ مُخْلِصًا لَّهُ الدِّينَ . أَلَا لِلَّهِ الدِّينُ الْخَالِصُ

The explanation:
(We have revealed to you [Mohammed] the Book [: the Quran], with [the religion of] the truth;
so worship God [alone], purely devoting for Him your religion [: your obedience.]
Certainly, the religion [: the obedience], pure [of any association], must [exclusively] be to God)

The Disagreement of the

Last edited by eanassir; 04-08-2009 at 08:11 PM..

Old 04-09-2009, 10:17 PM

Most people contradict God's First Commandment

The exclusive devotion to God is the First of all the Commandments.

>> Man has to ask his needs from God Almighty alone, because He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing, the All-Knowing and the Most Able to grant man his request –– this is the pure monotheism.

But if man asks his needs from Moses and the sieges , Jesus and the saints, Mohammed and the imams –– then this is a kind of associating these righteous men with God the Creator.

>> When man seeks help of God alone (when he stands, sits, and starts any affair) –– this is the pure monotheism.
But when he seeks help of Moses and the sieges, Jesus and the saints, and Mohammed and the imams –– then he will associate these apostles and righteous men together with God the Creator.

>> When man goes out for work, or starts any affair: he puts his trust in God Almighty alone –– then this is the pure monotheism.

While if he puts his trust in any other being: whether Moses, Jesus, Mohammed or any other man or angel –– then this is the association with God, which is like the idolatry: in such case, he will associate these prophets and righteous men together with God: so that he will worship these men like his worshipping God and together with God Almighty.

>> In case any man glorifies God alone without associate, Glory be to God –– then this will be a pure monotheism and devotion.

On the other hand, if man glorifies any of these righteous prophets and men –– then this will be a sort of associating them with his Creator: God the Most Gracious.

To this meaning, Jesus Christ did not agree that a man called him "good" man or "good" teacher:

"Luk 18:18 Then an official asked Jesus, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
Luk 18:19 Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? Nobody is good except for one: God."

And in the Quran 18: 110, God ordered Prophet Mohammed to say to people:
قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَنَا بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يُوحَى إِلَيَّ أَنَّمَا إِلَهُكُمْ إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ فَمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو لِقَاء رَبِّهِ فَلْيَعْمَلْ عَمَلًا صَالِحًا وَلَا يُشْرِكْ بِعِبَادَةِ رَبِّهِ أَحَدًا
The explanation:
(Say: "I am only a human being like yourselves;
[but] I am inspired that your God is only One God.

Then let him who hopes to meet his Lord work righteous works, and associate none in worshipping his Lord.)

Last edited by eanassir; 04-09-2009 at 10:27 PM..

Old 04-11-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Apparently, the idea is to post something totally incontrovertible. Now let's start counting down the minutes until the screaming and yelling begins...
Contradiction of the First Commandment

Most people behave in a way other than God's religion: this involves all the Jews, Christians, Muslims and others.

When they face some distressful condition, they exclaim: O Jesus, O Ali or O Mohammed! … This in fact is a sort of associating these men with God Almighty.

Man in such instances should say: O God, O Yahweh or O God! … This is the exclusive devotion to God alone: according to the First Commandment.

In case one has any good situation or grace or blessing, he shows gratitude to some saints, sieges or imams … This is some kind of associating these righteous men with God Most Gracious.
Man here should show gratitude to God Most Gracious Who bestowed on him every blessing and bounty … This will be the exclusive devotion to God alone.

Some people believe in some patron saints, patron imams or patron prophets and sieges: they believe that such patron will protect them and bring much blessing to them … This is a kind of associating these patrons with God Almighty.

In fact, they should consider God is the Patron Who really does always protect them and always offer to them much of His bounties. … This will be the exclusive devotion to God alone: to be grateful to Him and believe that He can protect us from every danger.

New Page 1 (http://man-after-death.t35.com/3.htm#The_Religion_Should_Exclusively_Be_Devoted_t o_God_Alone - broken link)

Old 04-12-2009, 04:28 AM

52 posts, read 87,596 times
Many people fail to see one important factor. And I believe that most of the time they don't even consider it. I hear people say a lot that their families are everything to them, that they come first, they love them more than anything. God is a jealous God. And He comes first. Putting anything or anyone before Him is in violation of the first commandment. Though I do believe that most people, myself included, say these things, but mean them more so in an earthly sense. They believe in God first and foremost and would lay the lives of their families in His hands to care for. That He does come first in their lives and hearts for they know that is through His grace that we are allowed to pursue the life that we deem fit. But there are some who do believe others come before God.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:05 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
I love the hot bubbles that pucker and pop in cooking oatmeal.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Funny, that's Kim Jung Ils first commandment, too.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:22 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
It seems to me, that, if he had done the job correctly in the first place, he wouldn't have to have so many commands, why didn't he just create people who know how to react, act, and just get along? You know, those who can work and play well with others.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahv View Post
Many people fail to see one important factor. And I believe that most of the time they don't even consider it. I hear people say a lot that their families are everything to them, that they come first, they love them more than anything. God is a jealous God. And He comes first. Putting anything or anyone before Him is in violation of the first commandment. Though I do believe that most people, myself included, say these things, but mean them more so in an earthly sense. They believe in God first and foremost and would lay the lives of their families in His hands to care for. That He does come first in their lives and hearts for they know that is through His grace that we are allowed to pursue the life that we deem fit. But there are some who do believe others come before God.

The position of God is not like the position of the apostle

To each one is his position: the director of a company or the owner of a factory is the director or the owner, but the workers in this factory or company are the workers; they receive their wages according to their degrees and their efforts. This is only an example.

Now, God is the Creator and the Owner; He sent the apostles to guide people to His religion and to worship Him and none else.

So there is a great difference between the Sender and the sent one: between God and the apostle.

But people started to worship the apostle together with God That sent him, in addition to worshipping many saints who believed in the apostle; so people started to worship all these together with God, and shared them with God in the servitude and associated with Him in their devotion.

It means: the servitude and worship became distorted, not pure and not exclusive to God alone, but divided between God and His apostles and saints.

While the servitude and the devotion should exclusively be for God alone; and actually He sent all the apostles for this purpose.

This is the meaning of the saying of Jesus Christ in the Gospel according to John 6: 38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him Who sent me."

This is also in the Quran 21: 25
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن قَبْلِكَ مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلَّا نُوحِي إِلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنَا فَاعْبُدُونِ
The explanation:
(We never sent any messenger [to his people] before you [Mohammed], unless We revealed to him [saying]:
"There is no god [in the universe] but I [: God]; so [O people] serve Me [alone.]")

New Page 1 (http://man-after-death.t35.com/3.htm#The_Religion_Should_Exclusively_Be_Devoted_t o_God_Alone - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality