U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 03:44 PM

33 posts, read 43,875 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone and happy Easter! This is an opinion/theory I've held for many years. I hope you can see my point in it.

I have been disgusted by the views toward other people of different religions, and the views toward Christians as well as non-religious people. So what happened to God's word of peace?

God created the world, the universe, and everything. He created humans to inhabit the Earth alongside animals. He gave humans the knowledge of his existence and the truth as well as the word of peace. However, he also gave humans free-will. So when he gave his word to them, over many years, humans changed the word of God to fit their desires and opinions, not the truth of God. This is why there is no more peace on Earth.

God loves every one of his children equally and he loves everything he has ever created. He would not create such a sinful and immoral bible as the one we have today. His word of peace was forgotten many years ago, and very little is still left. Religion is not what God intended it to be, and I believe he frowns upon us humans because we have disregarded his holy word of peace.

Please don't insult me, just constructive criticism and your opinion. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 03:51 PM

4 posts, read 5,321 times
I'll tell you what happened. People have different believes and it seems as though intolerane (That you seemed to have shown) have just started violence. As an Atheist, I don't believe in God, but I do have some knowledge of the bible.

Okay, your "Loving God" would not be defined as someone caring. It's a selfish one, it is really. If you think about it, not living a life of Moral all the time will just send you to a "Sadistic Demon" upon death. According to the bible, "God" wipped out most of the people on this planet by drowning because they were not good and it's eyes. It believes that if you're not worthy in it's eyes, you will be sent to a demon.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 PM

300 posts, read 638,776 times
If you make the presumption that god is a made up fictitious character your starting point, you get an answer to all of your questions right away with no sweat. Starting off the presumption that god exists, you never get anywhere. He didn't create, give, love or anything just because he's zilch, nil, nada. That eliminates all the "why" part already.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monado View Post
If you think about it, not living a life of Moral all the time will just send you to a "Sadistic Demon" upon death. According to the bible, "God" wipped out most of the people on this planet by drowning because they were not good and it's eyes. It believes that if you're not worthy in it's eyes, you will be sent to a demon.
And he waged a large scale infanticide in Egypt. And the blessed the genocide of the giants in Palestine by the hebrew tribes fresh off the desert with dying Moses in their hands. And he plotted destruction of Job's family with his best buddy Satan including Job's underage kids. And... Well, just read that filthy book again

Old 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM

4 posts, read 5,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
And he waged a large scale infanticide in Egypt. And the blessed the genocide of the giants in Palestine by the hebrew tribes fresh off the desert with dying Moses in their hands. And he plotted destruction of Job's family with his best buddy Satan including Job's underage kids. And... Well, just read that filthy book again
This may be true that he did some actions of kindness, but look on what happened overall the years. No matter what happen, it's perspective of goodness will result in sorrow.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monado View Post
This may be true that he did some actions of kindness, but look on what happened overall the years. No matter what happen, it's perspective of goodness will result in sorrow.
Yeah.. Where the f he had been when a crowd of crazed xtian fanatics cut the brightest lady of that time, Hypatia of Alexandria to pieces, chanting hymns as she bled to death from her wounds, and burned the library of priceless manuscripts. Where he had been when people were burned alive in his name in auto-da-fe. Where he had been during the rape of Nankin, or when the furnaces of Auschwitz were lit. Whether he does not exist or he does not care, it matters not.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:46 PM

21,260 posts, read 20,859,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatheusPeace View Post
Hello, everyone and happy Easter! This is an opinion/theory I've held for many years. I hope you can see my point in it.

I have been disgusted by the views toward other people of different religions, and the views toward Christians as well as non-religious people. So what happened to God's word of peace?

God created the world, the universe, and everything. He created humans to inhabit the Earth alongside animals. He gave humans the knowledge of his existence and the truth as well as the word of peace. However, he also gave humans free-will. So when he gave his word to them, over many years, humans changed the word of God to fit their desires and opinions, not the truth of God. This is why there is no more peace on Earth.

God loves every one of his children equally and he loves everything he has ever created. He would not create such a sinful and immoral bible as the one we have today. His word of peace was forgotten many years ago, and very little is still left. Religion is not what God intended it to be, and I believe he frowns upon us humans because we have disregarded his holy word of peace.

Not much to say except that I agree with pretty much everything you've said.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:18 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,341,777 times
Quote:

Well, I see it as people believe in different things when it comes down to God and His word.

I like to study and reseach how Jesus went and taught people. But one thing that I noticed about Jesus was the way of Him talking to people. If Jesus was here today, people would probably hate Jesus because He was honest and straight forward.

Jesus called people hypocrites, went against what people were use too, He had little use for those who used religion for their own gain. He was about transforming the hearts of sinners humble enough to admit what they were and turn from their wicked ways. He spoke in a way that many perceived as heresy.

Jesus spoke of peace but was also concerned with the heart of His people. So, if someone is following after Jesus and use His teaching, then you are going to have some people that are just not going to like you.

Jesus was hated, so what makes us to special that everyone will like us, even if we are talking about peace? Jesus died for us, and people hated Him then and still do now. This is just the type of world that we live in.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:45 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,485,786 times
Quote:

This is my opinion which seems at odds with your view. To start with I do not think there is a God. The disgust you feel, I feel for most religious organizations. The words you look for asking for peace are a sham, and are nothing but words written by men who wanted power and control over the masses.
The praying for peace from the most violent organization on the planet in my view is an insult. And the god who loves everyone equally has resulted in 2000 years of death.
Just today the Pope asked for peace in the Middle East, and to end poverty in Africa. I think this is funny from the man who just last year while speaking in Germany slammed the religion if Islam. In my view the best thing he could do in Africa is to get the Catholic Church out and let people who can do more than hide behind a fake god step in and actually help. They could start with free condoms and sex education something the Church canít seem to get a hold on.
Our views are 180 degrees apart. I donít say this as an insult, just to let you know a lot of us do not see the line coming from your organizations as anything but lip service and not true.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 PM

455 posts, read 885,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
Obviously you are taking things out of context. You can't quote scripture that people don't like. I found an interesting analysis of the amount of people God killed in the Bible:

How many has God killed? (Complete list and estimated total) ę flux 64 (http://flux64.wordpress.com/2007/02/27/how-many-has-god-killed-complete-list-and-estimated-total/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality