Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:48 PM

5,902 posts, read 3,789,744 times

Advertisements

Could be. Another thing I have learned is that just when I think I have something figured out, I get proven completely wrong. I have to share this with you since you understand where I'm coming from and then I must go to bed. At the end of last year it was revealed to me that there was a certain importance to the number 53. I spent hours trying to figure it out. And I did, as far as the timing. I knew that something huge was going to happen on the 53rd day of this year, which was February 22. OH...and just because a day comes and goes does not mean something didn't happen! The next day, to make a long story short, I found out that a very good friend of mine had been murdered. There is major significance to all of this which I could write a book about, but here's the short version of the significance of God in numbers. My friend was murdered on February 22, 2007 (2-22, which was also revealed along with 53) and here's the hair raising part.

My friend was murdered on the 53rd day of the year, he was 53 years old....born in 1953. Never think that anything is insignificant when it concerns what you believe to be God trying to tell you something! Amen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 09:33 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Could be. Another thing I have learned is that just when I think I have something figured out, I get proven completely wrong. I have to share this with you since you understand where I'm coming from and then I must go to bed. At the end of last year it was revealed to me that there was a certain importance to the number 53. I spent hours trying to figure it out. And I did, as far as the timing. I knew that something huge was going to happen on the 53rd day of this year, which was February 22. OH...and just because a day comes and goes does not mean something didn't happen! The next day, to make a long story short, I found out that a very good friend of mine had been murdered. There is major significance to all of this which I could write a book about, but here's the short version of the significance of God in numbers. My friend was murdered on February 22, 2007 (2-22, which was also revealed along with 53) and here's the hair raising part.

My friend was murdered on the 53rd day of the year, he was 53 years old....born in 1953. Never think that anything is insignificant when it concerns what you believe to be God trying to tell you something! Amen?

I really hate to sound insensitive but what difference would it have made? I am sorry for your loss but that is no different to me than having an intuition that the number 18 will pop up on the roulette wheel and you bet everything on 18 and win. I truly do believe that the human brain is much more powerful than we actually know and these intuitions are probably our subconscious telling us something. Not God. Have you ever said to yourself: "That Seinfeld episode was the best ever, I wish it were on tonight"? Then, you turn on the TV and there it is. That's not God speaking to you that's just mere coincidence with a little help from your subconscience. I'd attribute it to the fact that maybe your brain is aware that you have watched that episode every 180 days and it just so happens it's the 180th day and your brain is telling you it's time to watch the TV show. I think if we knew more about the way the brain worked we'd really be surprised at what it can do. It's not God, it's intuition and a little bit of luck, be it good or bad. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 PM

5,902 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I really hate to sound insensitive but what difference would it have made? I am sorry for your loss but that is no different to me than having an intuition that the number 18 will pop up on the roulette wheel and you bet everything on 18 and win. I truly do believe that the human brain is much more powerful than we actually know and these intuitions are probably our subconscious telling us something. Not God. Have you ever said to yourself: "That Seinfeld episode was the best ever, I wish it were on tonight"? Then, you turn on the TV and there it is. That's not God speaking to you that's just mere coincidence with a little help from your subconscience. I'd attribute it to the fact that maybe your brain is aware that you have watched that episode every 180 days and it just so happens it's the 180th day and your brain is telling you it's time to watch the TV show. I think if we knew more about the way the brain worked we'd really be surprised at what it can do. It's not God, it's intuition and a little bit of luck, be it good or bad. Nothing more, nothing less.
As I stated near the end of my post, there was a tremendous significance to his passing and the timing. It's just too much to go into here. I don't expect everyone to see things the way I do....it's unorthodox. But still not wrong. It is God speaking to me....in a way that only I understand. The amount of faith that we have determines how much of the veil is lifted so we can see what God is trying to tell us. Intuition, yes. Luck....doesn't exist. I also believe everything happens for a reason and it's all part of God's plan.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:09 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
As I stated near the end of my post, there was a tremendous significance to his passing and the timing. It's just too much to go into here. I don't expect everyone to see things the way I do....it's unorthodox. But still not wrong. It is God speaking to me....in a way that only I understand. The amount of faith that we have determines how much of the veil is lifted so we can see what God is trying to tell us. Intuition, yes. Luck....doesn't exist. I also believe everything happens for a reason and it's all part of God's plan.

With all this being said, I will respectfully agree to disagree and I am truly sorry for your loss.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:03 AM

190 posts, read 686,285 times
About ten years ago I was awakened out of a deep sleep about 2AM in the morning. I kept hearing "Pray for Nana". The only Nana I knew was my girlfriends grandmother, and I haven't seen her since I was a little girl. I did get up and get down on my knees and started praying. I didn't know what to pray, but I prayed as the spirit of God led me.

The next morning I called my girlfriend (I haven't seen her in a long time) and told her what happened. I then asked her "How is Nana?" She then told me she just passed away that night. My prayers brought comfort to my friend.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:55 AM

432 posts, read 1,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
CMSVMOM

My niece recently started attending an Epicopalian Church and very much enjoys it. I have heard it compared to the Catholic Church. I have also heard that it has all the same beliefs/Traditions (as Catholicism), just not all the guilt. (I may not be quoting it exact). I have done a little (emphasis on little) research on the Episcopalian Church, would you compare them to the Catholic Church?

Oh, and in respect to the original question...I believe that God speaks to me every day.

It's not the same, but similiar. Can look the same, but it is really different. You might want to look at the church website for basic information: http://ecusa.anglican.org/

Old 05-09-2007, 09:14 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,433,651 times
If your hearing voices, you need an examination, seriously that is not normal and it could be a sign of a mental health problem. Or if you see things, please get help!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:34 AM

432 posts, read 1,878,727 times
My father spoke to me the night he died - I woke up and learned that he was dead suddenly. Totally unexpected. I know others who have had this experience.

We're all connected, and some of us are more open to those connections. There is no help for that!

Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,209,006 times
How would one describe the bond a mother has with her child when even when he is not near her she can feel when something is ot right? isn't that some kind of divine intervention of sorts?

Old 05-09-2007, 10:24 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,433,651 times
I know Pat Robertson claims that GOD talks directly to him!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality