Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 03:40 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,154,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Something other than words written in a book, by men you have never met nor seen. How about some Physical proof? How about something documented by science that proves the events?
Some how I knew he would ignore us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 03:41 PM

429 posts, read 683,148 times
God is god he is all knowing.he is simply god that is the way it has always been and will always be........

Old 08-07-2013, 04:33 AM

7 posts, read 5,301 times
Default God shouldn't prove himself?

Why should God prove himself to a people who don't care if he exists any way? you seek after these signs and proofs of a God but not God himself. you want your evidence, stop looking for it. your not going to see anything unless you seek after the source. God. God is the trunk of the tree we are the branches, you wont see any fruit (EVIDENCE) unless you stay connected to the trunk. it's like sex. sex is the fruit of Love. sex was never supposed to be the point but we constantly make it the point. most of us are driven by sex, sex is the focal point, sex is my addiction, sex is the reason I'm in this relationship. but that is so F*** up and backwards. that is not love. you saying "I need evidence! I need proof of God first and than Ill commit" is like saying to a girl/guy "give me sex and than I'll love you". so why shouldn't God reveal himself to you? because just like any smart girl, he wouldn't uncover himself and put himself in a place of vulnerability before someone who doesn't really care about him. somebody who only Lusts. God desires Love and true relationship with you, not just sex. seek God, connect with him and you will find your proof.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:48 AM

50,079 posts, read 20,502,115 times
It's like this. If it is claimed that God does not care whether we believe in him or not, then one cannot logically believe in hell -threat or even 'separation', because the existence of a punishment for NOT believing says that he does care.

If there is no hellthreat or punishment, then God indeed doesn't care whether we believe in him or not, and we don't need to care either.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 AM

7 posts, read 5,301 times
Default Why God shouldn't prove himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
So we could determine that he's actually real.
how can you determine if God is real or not if you don't actually pursue him? don't expect God to be like "oh im sorry you don't believe here let me do a miracle" God desires relationship and relationship is two way.
you've heard about him rumors, stories you don't know if he's real or not so ask him find out if he is pursue him. God only reveals himself to those who actually want to know him. you sit stubbornly and wait for a sign, but Gods like doofus! who freaken created the universe is that not sign enough for you to want to try and get to know me.
Why should God prove himself to a people who don't care if he exists any way?
you seek after these signs and proofs of a God but not God himself. you want your evidence, stop looking for it. your not going to see anything unless you seek after the source, which is God. God is the trunk of the tree we are the branches, you wont see any fruit (EVIDENCE) unless you stay connected to the trunk. it's like sex. sex is the fruit of Love. sex was never supposed to be the point but we constantly make it the point. most of us are driven by sex, sex is the focal point, sex is my addiction, sex is the reason I'm in this relationship. but it's so F*** up and backwards. it's not love. saying "I need evidence! I need proof of God first and than Ill commit" is like saying to a girl/guy "give me sex and than I'll love you". so why shouldn't God reveal himself to you? because just like any smart girl, he wouldn't uncover himself and put himself in a place of vulnerability before someone who doesn't really care about him. somebody who only Lusts. God desires Love and true relationship with you, not just sex. seek God, connect with him and you will find your proof.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:08 AM

17,574 posts, read 45,999,357 times
You seem obsessed with sex.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,220,535 times
All I can say, is thank you for bringing this '09 thread up.
My day will be changed.
Again, I'm reminded how blessed I am.
I do not know why why why.
But, my head will be sliightly bowed all day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonofgreene6, you sound to me as very wise...as a teaching tool
you used sex to find something the common person might relate to.
Well done. Sorry manderly, I suppose I could have said this privately to him.
But it is another perspective I felt needed to be said outloud.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-07-2013 at 08:47 AM..

Old 08-07-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
It's like this. If it is claimed that God does not care
whether we believe in him or not, then one cannot logically believe in hell -threat or
even 'separation', because the existence of
a punishment for NOT believing says that he does care.

If there is no hellthreat or punishment, then God indeed doesn't care whether
we believe in him or not, and we don't need to care either.
You'll never catch me saying God doesn't care!!!!
You can bet on it.

I care, for example, very much if my doggy loves me....there is no threat of
punishment if she doesn't.
I don't agree with your thinking, Arequipa.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:38 AM

4,903 posts, read 5,998,401 times
This is just another way of saying the existence of god is a load of poppycock. If you apply this logic to god then you have to apply it to everything which would mean we live in a world where werewolves roamed the forest and vampires terrorized towns and countrysides.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
This is just another way of saying the existence of god is a load of poppycock. If you apply this logic to god then you have to apply it to everything which would mean we live in a world where werewolves roamed the forest and vampires terrorized towns and countrysides.
Who ya talking to here?
Thanx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality