U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,695,444 times

Advertisements

do you think bernie madoff will go to hell!!!! what about nancy pelosi or george bush are they worthy of a firey grave... or do you have to be someone like jeffery dalmer or the unabomber or timothy mcvey to burn in your grave... just wondering i stole a few candy bars when i was like 13 years old what would that get me a slap on the hand by the creator himself. any verses in the babble...
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 10:23 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,540,277 times
candy bars? That'll do it every time..................

Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
my bags are at the curb and i got on my asbestos suit ready.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:32 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,695,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
my bags are at the curb and i got on my asbestos suit ready.
well damn how many candy bars did you steal !!!!i hope you are going bring an air conditioner when you go.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM

783 posts, read 1,158,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
how bad do you have to be to go to hell?
Itís based on the most important decision youíll ever make not on past deeds. Itís your choice, not someone elseís.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:08 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,557,445 times
So what if your were a bad person who changed and became some one who helped people? Would your past deeds be held against you if you changed and started doing the right things?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Ohs

236 posts, read 627,592 times
I think you just don't have to believe in Christ or god or something like that and you automatically go to hell. Good Luck!!! Yeah you know how murders can be saved if they just believe in god and all that but people who never hurt anyone who don't believe in god are going to totally burn in the lake of fire in HELL...

Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 AM

74 posts, read 112,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
do you think bernie madoff will go to hell!!!! what about nancy pelosi or george bush are they worthy of a firey grave... or do you have to be someone like jeffery dalmer or the unabomber or timothy mcvey to burn in your grave... just wondering i stole a few candy bars when i was like 13 years old what would that get me a slap on the hand by the creator himself. any verses in the babble...
According to the Christians, you can do whatever you want and you'll be ok as long as you accept Jesus as your savior and ask him to forgive you just before you die. Oh, and you have to be sincere.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:08 AM

2,739 posts, read 7,640,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffhrdkncs View Post
According to the Christians, you can do whatever you want and you'll be ok as long as you accept Jesus as your savior and ask him to forgive you just before you die. Oh, and you have to be sincere.

No, that's not really true. You can't just sin and do "whatever you want" all your life, then get into heaven by the skin of your teeth. That is the lie, and the illusion.
You have to not only believe in Jesus, accept Him as Saviour, but also be willing to forsake and give up sin. We are told to take up our cross daily. Are you? You are bought with a great price (Jesus' death), so are obligated to do the will of God (concerning you) the remainder of your life...every day of your life.

Are you willing?

Bud

Old 04-16-2009, 02:16 AM

589 posts, read 1,315,571 times
There is no eternal burning "hell*" for humans that can be found in the Bible. In fact it says humans are mortal and can die in the Lake of fire, only the immortal fallen angels will burn forever. It is written in the Bible that there will be a future resurrection of humans to face judgment. The saved will be given eternal life while the unsaved will be cast into the Lake of Fire to die a second death. God said the wages of sin is death... not eternal torment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality