Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:14 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,277,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
There is a really good picture of the hand here:
I heard this on the news the other night and in the report they said something to the effect, it was present during the time the Bible was written.

Any way, I don't normally start a thread, because they normal crash and burn. Also, I looked to see if any one had posted this and I didn't see one.

So this is basically a, well this is cool and a, I wish I had a telescope as I find our star studded skies awesome.
Nice post, interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,678,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
It looks like God might have a bad case of carpal tunnel. This reminds me of all of the things that people dig up that bears a resemblance to the Virgin Mary or Jesus. Remember the toasted cheese sandwich with the Virgin Mary's image that sold for $28,000 on eBay a few years ago?
funny you mentioned that cause i saw somone trying to sell a common door on ebay... that they said that there was an image on the door that looked like the virgin marry.. and it was selling for 60 thousand dollars... i laughed !!!! it did not look at all like the virgin marry.. the reason it made me laugh is i have a band saw and mill alot mahogany..and i always tell people that i hope some day i will cut some book matched slabs with a image looging like the virgin marry ...so far the only book matched slabs that i've milled have animal faces and it's pretty rare!!! but one of the images was a wooly mammath a chiwowa and an egyptian cat. still looking for the virgin marry though.

and i'm serious.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,495,201 times
Quote:
That could be Roxolan. People rethink their stance everyday so that could be the shift in the polls as well.

I had heard the news on the star mass; I went to the Internet to find additional news. The article on the poll was one that I found and I thought, why not as people like to bat things back and forth. That is how we come up with new ideas and form new generations of great thinkers.

When I heard the report on the Milkyway having a black hole with a vacuum, I did the same thing. Curiosity and interest lead me to
Milky Way's black hole probed closer than ever before - space - 17 January 2008 - New Scientist I questioned if the earth was going to get sucked up into the vacuum million years into the future. That would certainly explain the Biblical count of fire destroying the earth.

However, as some say one can see justifiable images in the cloud formations of the sky, as well. However, my interest lies in the Greek Gods of the sky, Zeus Apollo and then there are of course constellations of astronomy (Capricorn there are stars that form a goat, etc) and wondered if anyone understood philosophy as it relates to astronomy?

Yes, it is a group of stars surrounded by a blue mass that make up the form of a hand. Whether or not a person perceives the formation to be that of the hand/eye of God is up to them. It is beautiful, none-the-less.

I believe the Bible was written by scholars of astronomy, philosophy, scientist, ect. that existed in the day and they wrote down a journal of what was and how they perceived the future of man to be, based on their day and time.

Does the form of the stars though relate to the Greek God's constellations?
most interesting post (thought-provoking!) and even more interesting link - astronomers might see and describe what many others can only feel and not adequately express!

Old 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,756,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
It looks like God might have a bad case of carpal tunnel. This reminds me of all of the things that people dig up that bears a resemblance to the Virgin Mary or Jesus. Remember the toasted cheese sandwich with the Virgin Mary's image that sold for $28,000 on eBay a few years ago?
That wasn't the Virgin Mary's image. It was a different Mary.
Attached Thumbnails
Stars Show The Hand of God; The Eye of God-mary_on_toast.jpg  

Old 04-20-2009, 02:08 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,838,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
funny you mentioned that cause i saw somone trying to sell a common door on ebay... that they said that there was an image on the door that looked like the virgin marry.. and it was selling for 60 thousand dollars... i laughed !!!! it did not look at all like the virgin marry.. the reason it made me laugh is i have a band saw and mill alot mahogany..and i always tell people that i hope some day i will cut some book matched slabs with a image looging like the virgin marry ...so far the only book matched slabs that i've milled have animal faces and it's pretty rare!!! but one of the images was a wooly mammath a chiwowa and an egyptian cat. still looking for the virgin marry though.

and i'm serious.
bless the wood before milling? maybe that will help?

In truth I know people who would buy your wooly mammoth and egyptian cat if the image was good. Lol people even in this day have money to burn. LOL

just smiling with you.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,619,488 times
Here's a question, how do you know it's the hand of God, I mean if nobody has seen him before, how do you know that's his hand?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:35 PM

15,582 posts, read 7,460,926 times
Question coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Here's a question, how do you know it's the hand of God, I mean if nobody has seen him before, how do you know that's his hand?
That's just it. We don't know that it is, but we don't know that it isn't. Here's a piece from mythology on the coyote constellation.

Quote:
According to Navajo mythology, the Milky Way was created by the mischievous behavior of the god, Coyote. When the world was created, the Holy People gathered around Black God to place the stars in the sky. Coyote grew annoyed at the slowness of this process.

In his anger, he chose to place a red star, called Ma'iio, in the south. Ma'iio means 'the one who roams'. This star symbolizes Coyote and appears for only a short time during the year. To the Navajo, it is a symbol of trouble. Coyote continued to be displeased with the Holy People's progress and threw the bag of stars over his head, forming the Milky Way.

Coyote was a trickster, and would often use this to get what he wanted. In one story, Coyote turned a hero into a coyote, and in turn became the man. He went to the hero's home and slept with his wife. Coyote smelled very bad. When the wife visited her mother, she smelled the Coyote on the wife. They then knew that Coyote had tricked them.Coyote
There are gods all over the night sky depicted by their constellations.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
That's just it. We don't know that it is, but we don't know that it isn't. Here's a piece from mythology on the coyote constellation.

There are gods all over the night sky depicted by their constellations.

we don't know??????

arche-typical, powered by ...??????

Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 AM

15,582 posts, read 7,460,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
we don't know??????

arche-typical, powered by ...??????
Greek mythology? I'm not a study of greek mythology or how it relates to philosophy, but like in the constellation that we all know, the big dipper or little dipper, there are star constellations that...like connect the dots, they are the gods and goddess of the universe.

Here's a little write up on Aphrodite
Quote:
Aphrodite.
0131: Venus mit dem Apfel. 1813-16. B. T. Thorvaldsen 1770-1844. Werkstattkopie von W. Matthiä. Neue Pinakotek, München.
Aphrodite is in charge of wedlock and the tender passions.

Aphrodite was married to Hephaestus (Vir.Aen.8.372; QS.2.139), the god of smiths, who discovered the ways of working copper, iron, silver and gold. Hephaestus, who is lame in the legs because Zeus cast him out from Heaven causing his fall to the island of Lemnos, is one of the Olympian gods and the fatherless son of Hera, the queen of Heaven, or perhaps the son of Zeus and Hera (Apd.1.3.5; Hes.The.929ff.; Hom.Il.1.571). Aphrodite and Hephaestus never had children. Aphrodite - Greek Mythology Link
When I read that I reminded me of Satan once an angel got kicked out of Heaven.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 04-21-2009 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: added last sentence

Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Greek mythology? I'm not a study of greek mythology or how it relates to philosophy, but like in the constellation that we all know, the big dipper or little dipper, there are star constellations that...like connect the dots, they are the gods and goddess of the universe.

Here's a little write up on Aphrodite

When I read that I reminded me of Satan once an angel got kicked out of Heaven.

dots connecting, children for a perfected future presence, much service given to those recognizing themselves in those resonances...

with another kind of humility and grateful acknowledgement.. and understanding hope as well as impatience .....

Last edited by effie g-tad; 04-21-2009 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: connections were known by the ancients and kept alive throughout "eternity"! and are working right now as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality