Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 03:48 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times

Advertisements

So which version of the bible is the true one? (see thread down below about some versions having more books.) and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 04:06 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
You know, it simply amazes me that athiests always want to disprove that there 'is' a GOD... They want to think some cosmic carma was involved and that we got here by some accident of colliding meteroids and astroids and some soupy mix that happened to split in to so many thousands of types of vegatation and animals and everything in between! It just aint gonna happen!

How I believe in the Bible? Its my own belief, that its the personal book of what the LORD wanted us to know! Moses wrote the first 5 books, and GOD handed the Ten Commandments down to him as well as the history that HE 'wanted' us to keep in rememberance. The other books were written by those whom the LORD chose to write for HIM.

I dont need anyone to tell me I am wrong in believing that the Bible is literal or figurative in any sense, all I know is that its the 'Truth' that I have to follow! If I do what it says, if I am 'saved' and am baptised and I believe that JESUS is the SON of GOD, and part of the GODHEAD, and I try to live my life as a Christians and have my sins forgiven by the 'blood of the LAMB', then, I will go to Heaven as my reward for loving the LORD with all my heart!

If 'you' choose not to believe, its your right! I will not try to persuade you otherwise, because we all have 'choice'... We were all given the 'freedom of choice' and the right to choose right from wrong. Your right may not be my right, and your wrong may not be my wrong...What I choose to be right and wrong is what the Bible says is right and wrong. Its my 'literal guidebook'! Its how I will get to Heaven when I leave this Earth.

You have choices to make, either follow it, and its teaching and love the LORD, and make JESUS CHRIST your Master and Saviour, or, turn away from HIM and follow your own course and hope for the best... Its your destiny, no one can make up your mind, and only you can follow your heart.

I can pray for you, but, it will do no good if you dont follow the LORD, but, I still will, as its the best I can do for you.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
islamic religion is the fastest growing religion!!! and alot of christians are converting over to it..

Old 04-21-2009, 04:10 PM

657 posts, read 1,600,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Why don't people read all the posts before they make such comments? I have answered the darn question! Some may not like my answer, but I gave my opinion.
you not knowing why, is hardly an answer, but thank you for your input.

in the future, please do not accuse me of not reading because i choose not to include your postings in my statement.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:14 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
you not knowing why, is hardly an answer, but thank you for your input.

in the future, please do not accuse me of not reading because i choose not to include your postings in my statement.
The question was, how do you know the bible is telling the truth. My answer was, faith.

You said, "oh, and still.. tons of "why don't YOU believe the bible is true" and no answers to the OP's question."

If you read all of the posts, then you would have seen that some have answered, therefore you saying NO one has, is incorrect. Best not to generalize.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
islamic religion is the fastest growing religion!!! and alot of christians are converting over to it..
That depends on where you get your information, but even if true, so? What does this have to do with woodworking's post?

Old 04-21-2009, 04:22 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Seriously, there is no reason for any Christian on the board to be offended. The OP is simply asking a question, and a very good one at that. Because the plain truth is none of you really know how much the Bible may or may not have been tampered with. As the OP stated, the book is over 2000 years old and has been rewritten several times. Everyone knows by now that the Bible was strictly edited by the church, having several books left out of the Bible including the Gospel of Jesus Christ himself. Not to mention the intervention of King James. Perhaps you too should start to examine your holy book a little more closely as well. Perhaps the devil's greatest trick wasn't convincing you he didn't exist. Perhaps, he made some choice changes to your holy texts by using the hands of the most corrupt creatures on this planet. The hands of man.
That's only true AFTER your edit to the OP.

Prior to that it was HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:22 PM

657 posts, read 1,600,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
The question was, how do you know the bible is telling the truth. My answer was, faith.

You said, "oh, and still.. tons of "why don't YOU believe the bible is true" and no answers to the OP's question."

If you read all of the posts, then you would have seen that some have answered, therefore you saying NO one has, is incorrect. Best not to generalize.
for the sake of arguing, i'll say again: do not speculate between that which i read and that which i do not read.

my "generalizations" might not be in good taste, but your god still does not exist, and the bible is nothing more than an interesting story book to me.

period.

FWIW.. Offensive is a subjective term.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
He did not mock God. He questioned the Bible. BIG difference.
Apparently you didn't read the OP prior to the edit either. Why don't you take a peek at post #4.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
for the sake of arguing, i'll say again: do not speculate between that which i read and that which i do not read.

my "generalizations" might not be in good taste, but your god still does not exist, and the bible is nothing more than an interesting story book to me.

period.

Let me get on my knees and beg your forgiveness for suggesting you did not read this whole thread.

You're right, your generalizations are not in good taste, which just goes to show why a lot of Christians don't answer some of non-Christians questions (see new thread pertaining to this), because even when we do answer, we get told we don't. You were wrong to generalize, and you were wrong about my answer.

You have every right to your opinion of God and the Bible. Period.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:

period.

I believe you can trust the bible because it's Truth's have been confirmed in my life.

I put it to the test, and it passed.

I must say though, that I approached it objectively and not ridiculously.

I find your post interesting though, how do you know 'for sure' that our God does not exist?

In light of the OP, shall I say:

On what basis do you make the absolute claim "your god still does not exist"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality