U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-22-2009, 09:30 AM
 
54 posts, read 89,059 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What is your problem? I wasn't addressing you...I'm done with you because all you give me is a headache with your nonsensical responses.


DON'T BE DONE, ITS JUST GETTING GOOD, i HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS FOR DAYS...LETS SEE WHO CAN FIGURE IT OUT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 AM
 
54 posts, read 89,059 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well you are wrong!!! I've mentioned this before!!! I beleave that all peoples of earth and beyond should prech to the creator themselves.. Ask the creator to give you signs that he realy exist... I've personally have recieved signs that a creator exist because i asked for them since i was 9 years old and i don't follow any particular religion.... And maybe you to shall receive signs too.... How do you know that the old testaments of the world meaning all religious writings are telling the truth.. The devil could have wielded the mighty pen thru the hands of man to forge those old testaments... With all the evil on this planet right now as we speak and in all of recorded history means that the devil himself has as much power as the creator!!!! If the creator had more power than the devil he would have defeated the devil and all things here on earth and beyond would be peacefull cause supposedly the one and only creator is for all that is good..it is very easy to change a few words in some text to make a whole new neaning!!! I see it happen right here on these forums people pull a sentence or frase and quote it but the true meaning of the original authers meanings are lost and misentepreted... I beleave that if you quote someones post you should quote all of it.
uh oh, asking for signs, is showing no faith..that will get you no-where.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
29,351 posts, read 28,295,489 times
Reputation: 11839
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly750 View Post




DON'T BE DONE, ITS JUST GETTING GOOD, i HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS FOR DAYS...LETS SEE WHO CAN FIGURE IT OUT
So, tell me then how do YOU know that the bible is telling the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 AM
 
54 posts, read 89,059 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Christians say they can move mountains with faith, and that seems all miraculous and proves the power of God.

But when it comes time to actually move the mountain, they have to admit that it just a slogan to help recruitment and retention. They know they can't really do it.



god****destroyed***the first earth***he totally flooded it, he whole thing****it states in the bible that god has given us a rainbow, and whenever you see one, it is a reminder of Gods promise that he would never flood the entire earth again**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 10:01 AM
 
Location: planet octupulous is nearing earths atmosphere
13,618 posts, read 9,906,501 times
Reputation: 19932
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly750 View Post
uh oh, asking for signs, is showing no faith..that will get you no-where.
well i don't know about you but asking for signs has worked for me!!!!! and like i said before i don't follow any particular religion.... and as for faith i have all the faith i need in my own head..... and reading some ancient scripture from some supposedly holy book will get you no where but closer to the devil himself... you know that that devil works in mysterious ways through old books.... if you are a christian and some of your friends convert to the islamic qu'ran than that would mean that they are following the words of the devil.. and vice versa........there's a lot of devil power going around!!!!! and he can't trick me through some old books i go right to the sourse to god nimself.and each time i recieve a sign it brings me a little closer to the creator..

Last edited by cruxan; 04-22-2009 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 10:01 AM
 
54 posts, read 89,059 times
Reputation: 14
I have followed scripts in he bible, and dont undestand alot of it, but I pray to God to please give me the wisdom to understand it better. When my daddy passed this year, his last words were, I am going home now, and he started pointing one by one at us stating, and you will be coming, and you and so on.

2 months later my mother passes, she said why is that person holding there hands out to me in the hallway, we didnt see it , but she did.

2 weeks ago out of the blue my 6 year old litle girl, who I havent taken to church yet, said momma, can I tell you something if you keep it a secret. sure I said...this BLEW ME AWAY,,,,,, SHE SAID i SEEN JESUS STANDING BY GRAMA, AND WE SAID WHEN?... SHE SAID THE DAY SHE GOT SICK AND WENT TO HEAVEN,,

7 YEARS AGO i HAD A DRINKING PROBLEM, AND THEY SAID i HAD 6 MONTHS TO LIVE. I prayed god please dont let me go. well today, my health is perfect, I havent had a drink in 7 years, no meetings, just never needed it again. and I have a beautiful little girl.

so much more so many reasons why i dont question any of it.....just have faith...please

Last edited by philly750; 04-22-2009 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: bad spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 10:04 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,945 posts, read 7,271,517 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
What does this prove, you made it up, so what. Proves nothing.

I once knew of a guy that made up a story of a bomb threat, does that mean that all who come up with a bomb threat is lying.

You made up your own little map, what does that have to do with anything. When given information, you can make things out of what you have.

I can create an old war suit from Mesopotamian war dated 2,700 BCE. All I need is the material and the information.

Does that mean that the war was fake or not real, or the suit was fake. Or I just piggy backed off of the information that was provided?
Or you can create and state a belief in the bible. To use your own logic, does that make it true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,028,601 times
Reputation: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Or you can create and state a belief in the bible. To use your own logic, does that make it true?
I'm not creating anything that is already made. Are we going to finally have a reasonable conversation without all of your assumptions of hell, condemnation, christians out to attack, if not, I really don't have the time to reason with someone who has a hard time of a different view? Of my experience with talking to you from the past, if really not worth it.

You for some reason read one thing and then go into left field, I don't have the time to play that game today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 10:36 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,945 posts, read 7,271,517 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jesus is God.

And the Old Testament stated the one to come would die for the sins of the world, care to tell me when you did that?

Maybe it is a prophesy which just has not happened yet. You know, like many of those in your "bible"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,945 posts, read 7,271,517 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I'm not creating anything that is already made. Are we going to finally have a reasonable conversation without all of your assumptions of hell, condemnation, christians out to attack, if not, I really don't have the time to reason with someone who has a hard time of a different view? Of my experience with talking to you from the past, if really not worth it.

You for some reason read one thing and then go into left field, I don't have the time to play that game today.
You are creating your belief and stating it as fact, due to all of your "research" that you will not get specific about even as you cite it.

As for reasoning with someone with a different point of view, you don't even attempt it. You preach at it and claim not to be doing so. Another case of basic misinformation being provided by you.

BTW, you didn't answer the question, just went off on a tangent....again.

As for going "into left field", I would never! That is your domain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top