Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 05:07 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I see lot of posters giving their reasons why they think the bible is NOT telling the truth, but the topic is why people think it IS the truth....So far few if any have addressed the topic. I wonder why that is.
Oh, please you came here talking about all of this research you had, and you only posted a site.

LIke I said if you want to do site for site, then we can, opinion for opinion than we can do that also, but you said research, but you, haven't provided your research. So, if you are going to argue research for research then do that, and stop with your prove me wrong when you haven't provided anything. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 05:12 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
I see lot of posters giving their reasons why they think the bible is NOT telling the truth, but the topic is why people think it IS the truth....So far few if any have addressed the topic. I wonder why that is.
Christians won't address the topic. They have only the belief, nothing more.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:31 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Oh, please you came here talking about all of this research you had, and you only posted a site.

LIke I said if you want to do site for site, then we can, opinion for opinion than we can do that also, but you said research, but you, haven't provided your research. So, if you are going to argue research for research then do that, and stop with your prove me wrong when you haven't provided anything. LOL
What is your problem? I wasn't addressing you...I'm done with you because all you give me is a headache with your nonsensical responses.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
What is your problem? I wasn't addressing you...I'm done with you because all you give me is a headache with your nonsensical responses.
I know your done, because you don't have the research that you said that you had. LOL, it kind of clever now you want to just not debate what you said that you had in the first place.

I'm giving you a headache because you don't have what you claimed you had, and I just called you out on it.

But that's fine, I'm done with this dead in conversation anyway.

Just for future reference, when you say that you have research, make sure that you do, not just hot air.

This is what real research is all about.
  1. Define the question
  2. Gather information and resources
  3. Form hypothesis
  4. Perform experiment and collect data
  5. Analyze data
  6. Interpret data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting point for new hypotheses
  7. Publish results
LOL, now your not addressing me, but you was addressing me before when you said you had research.

Bye for now, but I'm sure you will pop up again!!!!!!!

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 04-20-2009 at 06:21 PM..

Old 04-20-2009, 06:06 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
First, I'd like to say that theory of mine is not stretching things. If I believe Adam was created an adult, why couldn't the earth have been created as old as God wanted?

Second, I actually could even say that the earth was created many many years before 6000 years ago. The Bible says in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. It doesn't say how long it was between Him creating them, and then the work He did on the earth. The earth could have sat void for millions of years.

I don't know. I've given my answer.
This just doesn't make sense.

So God created the world 6000 years ago, to already be at an old age.....

So how do you explain dinosaur fossils?

How do you explain scientific data that humans existed on earth as far back as 10,000 years ago?

How do you explain the age of the sun in our solar system?

Are you saying that God created these things 6000 years ago, somehow giving them a past in non-linear time???

Where do other planets and solar sytems come into play? When do you think that God created extraterrestrial life?

You are definitely stretching things here. You want to believe that this theory is reasonable, but it's really, really pushing the limits of what is reasonable.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:23 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Christians won't address the topic. They have only the belief, nothing more.
I agree. It's obvious that they do not want to learn or know anything that conflicts with what they believe, not even the origins and history of the bible...The bible is the truth because it says so in the bible....Round and round we go.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Whoa!!!

I type-oed.

The earth is aproximately 6000 years old, Adam is the first human.

The bible began with the compilation of Genesis and the writing of exodus, lev. numb. and Duet. by Moses/Joshua.

The text for the compilation of Gen. probably originates from God/Adam with each successive generation adding its own history. The were held by Shem(Melchizadek) and a copy given to Abraham. Jacob took a copy when he went down into egypt and Joseph put a copy in the Egyptian libraries. Moses who was son of Pharoh took a copy with him when he exodused with the Isrealites. So, the text is of the history of man as long as man was on the earth. So to say it began being written 6000 years ago might seem more appropriate.
Research to back up these assertions please.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I agree. It's obvious that they do not want to learn or know anything that conflicts with what they believe, not even the origins and history of the bible...The bible is the truth because it says so in the bible....Round and round we go.
Oh, Sanspeur I'm trying to address the topic how you presented it. So, this is lack on your part, maybe better luck next time.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I believe the earth was created about 6000 years ago, but I do not believe it is 6000 years old. If God made Adam a full grown man, He could make the earth as old as He wanted as well.

Wow! This is a new spin! Congratulations on contorting the bible into science!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Read it again. I said I believe it was created 6000 years ago, but that it isn't 6000 years old. When God created it 6000 years ago, He could have created it to be a billion years old. Just as with Adam, he didn't create him to be an infant, he was full grown as well.
This is fitting a square peg into a round hole!

God played a few tricks here just to keep us guessing or to test our faith?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality