Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:52 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Now now, Bud. There's always the real possibility (for us who know there's no God I mean) that even you will be somewhat surprised in your last few seconds of life, you know, when the lights are dimming, but to your imminent sadness, there's no corresponding new light to replace it down in the end of that dark tunnel before you, and you suddenly realize there is no afterlife, and the "damned atheists" were right all along...

But, as for me, if this fantasy were to happen, I'd say: "Hey man, how's it going? Why did you make me such a skeptic all these years? Just to harass your devout but unquestioning believers?"

...and then maybe we'd go shoot some Sporting Clays. He's probably got a purty good eye and all....
Now, now Rifleman. You know you can't KNOW there is no God. But to the OP- I wouldn't say nuffin I'd just bust'm in the mouf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Now, now Rifleman. You know you can't KNOW there is no God. But to the OP- I wouldn't say nuffin I'd just bust'm in the mouf.
i truly boubt that he might smack you to another univeres.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i truly boubt that he might smack you to another univeres.
I didn't say I was gonna win though.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I didn't say I was gonna win though.
lol and may the god force be with all

i finally figured what i would say to the creator after my bones stoped rattiling!!!hi god heaven is sweet!!!! it's been a long trip can i have bong hit of some bc bud now.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:19 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I'd smile like a man who just found out he was immortal.
Smile? I would probably cry. I think people take foregranted when they hear 'eternity' or 'immortal' just how horrible that kind of situation is. Eternity is forEVER. Imagine how long the last 20 years have been. Now multiply that by a million. Then multiply that by a million again. Then multiply that again by a million.....repeat. You would learn everything there is to know very early on and be utterly bored. Oh, and if you are of the ilk who thinks they are with their Christian God, they will be WORSHIPPING him for eternity. How horrible is that, being subserviant forEVER. That situation sounds like hell, no pun intended.

I am quite happy with my normal life span, it gives meaning to life. The max I could go is probably 300 years, just to see how the world progresses (or regresses if the religious have their way).

Just my two pennies...

Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Smile? I would probably cry. I think people take foregranted when they hear 'eternity' or 'immortal' just how horrible that kind of situation is. Eternity is forEVER. Imagine how long the last 20 years have been. Now multiply that by a million. Then multiply that by a million again. Then multiply that again by a million.....repeat. You would learn everything there is to know very early on and be utterly bored. Oh, and if you are of the ilk who thinks they are with their Christian God, they will be WORSHIPPING him for eternity. How horrible is that, being subserviant forEVER. That situation sounds like hell, no pun intended.

I am quite happy with my normal life span, it gives meaning to life. The max I could go is probably 300 years, just to see how the world progresses (or regresses if the religious have their way).

Just my two pennies...
It's a valid fear but I honestly believe that there would be an infinite number of things to do and learn in the meantime.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 AM

285 posts, read 616,300 times
My first response would be......

What the F*** were you THINKING?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:27 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
"why?" . If there is a God, he/she will fully understand the full depth of my question.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:03 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
by now it's become abundantly clear who god is and who it is he talks to - with predictable arbitrariness. there's a recognizable pattern to his "omnipotence" in conflict with his less valued omniscience.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:32 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
First, I'd put my hands behind my back and ask him how many finger's i'm holding up - just to make sure it's really him.

If he can pass that test, I'd ask him where my I left my Ipod. Also, one time when I was young my parents told me my dog ran off to live on a farm, but I always suspected foul play. I would ask him what the real deal with that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality