Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the bible says the earth is 6000 years old and evolution says the earth is 4.5 billion years old and that the univeres is 13.5 billion years old.. so when did the creator come to be?? i would think that the creator is way older than 13.5 billion years damn!!!! one day of our time could be like a million years to gods time... so i would think the creator would be at least a googol years old.

googol is 10.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 .000.000.000.000.000
.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.0 00.000.000.and the creator could be googols of times this number like a googol times a googol cubed now were talking!!!!

1 followed by one hundred zeros is a googol!!! so how old is god????and i think 50 years old is old
The Bible doesn't say the earth is 6000 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:07 AM

455 posts, read 1,017,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
The Bible doesn't say the earth is 6000 years old.
6,423 years old. They were close enough.

How Old is the Earth According to the Bible? (http://home1.gte.net/bridavis/timeline.htm - broken link)

Old 04-22-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post

How Old is the Earth According to the Bible? (http://home1.gte.net/bridavis/timeline.htm - broken link)
Does the Bible state that, or man? Because I don't read it anywhere in my Bible. God may have created the earth 6,432 years or so ago, but that doesn't meant that's how old the earth is.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:

i just usualy just round the numers..the bible is lieing the earth is way older than 6.423 years old.maybe the devil put that figure in the bible??

Old 04-22-2009, 10:16 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
how old is god??
As old as the human imagination.
We have a winner here......

Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i just usualy just round the numers..the bible is lieing the earth is way older than 6.423 years old.maybe the devil put that figure in the bible??
LOL...hello...it's not in the Bible.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 AM

455 posts, read 1,017,972 times
Quote:
Does the Bible state that, or man? Because I don't read it anywhere in my Bible. God may have created the earth 6,432 years or so ago, but that doesn't meant that's how old the earth is.
This has been deduced from the Bible. You will need basic addition and subtraction skills to understand how the conclusion was reached. Did you look at the link? It is very explicit how the Bible states how old the Earth is.

So, you are arguing that God may have created the Earth at X years ago, but that doesn't mean the Earth is X years old? This does not make any sense. Could you please clarify this comment? Thank you.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:49 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
Quote:
I agree God's time and our time is not the same thing. The Bible even says a day in God's time is like 10,000 years in our time which is why i dont believe the earth was created in 7 days our time.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:06 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
kdbrich wrote:

The problem with that is the fact that God is supposedly interacting with human beings and the physical realm of this universe which of course includes time. Also, there's no evidence that anything exists outside of the universe and that the universe includes everything. Your statement seems to be one of those things that you hear people say when they really can't come up with a realistic answer and I don't think it's logical at all because you seem to be saying that God is somehow hopping back and forth between our universe and his own special place that is outside of time and space. Makes no sense to me.
If I go to a NY Giants game, and the clock is showing 5 minutes left in the half, do I have time to get a beer before halftime, if it takes me 8 minutes to get a beer?

Yes. How? The 5 minutes is game time. It will stop several times before it expires. 5 minutes of game time is different from 5 minutes of actual time. It will take them over 10 minutes most likely to play the remaining 5 minutes of game time. Actual time is "meta" to game time.

That "time" is within the game. If a player gets hurt, the time is stopped and the player who is hurt gets medical attention on the field. Does this mean he is not getting medical attention since it is happening outside of "time" in the context of the game? Yes and no. He is not getting medical attention in the context of the game's timing; yet meta to the game's own parameters, including its time, he IS getting treatment during the game's actual time.

If God exists and he is metaphysical, that is, above the physical, including our physical concept of "time", then He is not bound by time. Just as I am not bound by the game clock in getting my beer, God is not bound by time in His existence. At the Giants game, I don't start walking when the game clock starts and then freeze wherever I am every time the game clock stops when I go to get a beer. I am not bound by the game's time. I am above that. I am bound by actual time, not game time. God is not bound by the "time" of our world or universe if He is indeed "metaphysical", or above the physicality of our universe.

I hope that helps make it more understandable.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
This has been deduced from the Bible. You will need basic addition and subtraction skills to understand how the conclusion was reached. Did you look at the link? It is very explicit how the Bible states how old the Earth is.

So, you are arguing that God may have created the Earth at X years ago, but that doesn't mean the Earth is X years old? This does not make any sense. Could you please clarify this comment? Thank you.
No, I didn't read the link because I don't need man to tell me when you go backwards to Adam and Eve, you have about 6000 years. That's all fine and good. But we're not talking about Adam and Eve...

First, the Bible says in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. No one knows when the "beginning" was. No one knows how long it sat void before God created the light. Could've been a day, could've been a billion years.

Second, why does that not make sense? When He created Adam, He created him an adult, right? A full grown, older man. So then why couldn't He have created the earth full grown, at any age He wanted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality