Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 AM

366 posts, read 386,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Anyone can take Bible verses and twist them to suit their own purpose.
Yes, some of you have proven yourselves quite adept at that.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:05 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,024,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Scriptures make me glad...not sick. You are judging, and there is no cause to judge. I wasn't talking about anything that is not clearly stated in the Bible. But like I said before, if you would take the time to read the whole thread you would know why I originally posted like this, and why I was reprimanded by a moderator. Christianity and witnessing sometimes takes different approaches, whether you like it or not.

Your witness is not effective as is evidenced by the responses in this thread. And pointing that out to you is not passing judgement, but is a reaction to what I am observing and reading.

I suggest you read those scriptures again about what it means to pass judgement.

You also say that scriptures make you glad and not sick. However, when the scripture was presented to you, "feeling sick" after seeing them posted were your very own words. The tone of your posts don't suggest you are glad. To the contrary you sound judgemental, angry and defensive.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:40 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,794,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
Your witness is not effective as is evidenced by the responses in this thread. And pointing that out to you is not passing judgement, but is a reaction to what I am observing and reading.

I suggest you read those scriptures again about what it means to pass judgement.

You also say that scriptures make you glad and not sick. However, when the scripture was presented to you, "feeling sick" after seeing them posted were your very own words. The tone of your posts don't suggest you are glad. To the contrary you sound judgemental, angry and defensive.
Listen, the only person here who is not acting like a Christian is you. It is and has been very effective, but you are only a person who has decided to take on the role of God when in fact you are basically slapping Him in the face. You are twisting my words, also. All I said was that your post made me sick, not the scriptures. You need to step back, Jack. I take major issue with angry, condescending, judgemental people claiming to be Christians. I think you need to leave this thread.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:50 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
Quote:
Northsouth: Listen, the only person here who is not acting like a Christian is you. It is and has been very effective, but you are only a person who has decided to take on the role of God when in fact you are basically slapping Him in the face. You are twisting my words, also. All I said was that your post made me sick, not the scriptures. You need to step back, Jack. I take major issue with angry, condescending, judgemental people claiming to be Christians. I think you need to leave this thread.
I think it's time for the moderator to close this thread -- this seems to be a pulpit for one person, and everyone else is fighting back.

I suggest, Northsouth, that instead of using C-D as your forum for your religion in such a negative way, that you might consider volunteering in a neighborhood shelter, or going to a foreign country and helping the needy, or right here in this country -- help out in the still-ravaged places from Katrina -- there are a load of things that can be done.

I peek at this thread occasionally, and it is very bitter. I think you would be less frustrated and not feel like you're fighting a losing battle if you used your energies in a more constructive and positive way in your community.

Just my opinion. Thanks.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I think it's time for the moderator to close this thread -- this seems to be a pulpit for one person, and everyone else is fighting back.

I suggest, Northsouth, that instead of using C-D as your forum for your religion in such a negative way, that you might consider volunteering in a neighborhood shelter, or going to a foreign country and helping the needy, or right here in this country -- help out in the still-ravaged places from Katrina -- there are a load of things that can be done.

I peek at this thread occasionally, and it is very bitter. I think you would be less frustrated and not feel like you're fighting a losing battle if you used your energies in a more constructive and positive way in your community.

Just my opinion. Thanks.
If you think it's so awful, why are you still "peeking?" I thought I was done with you and the other hypocrites way back in the thread. I never said I was frustrated...your word so it must apply to you. Wisteria, Dreameyes and RealAnglelion....you are all on my ignore list. I would ask any people that stop by and "peek" at the thread to please take into consideration these three holier-than-thou posters are not what Christianity is about and to keep seeking in spite of posts like theirs. You can always PM me if you would like to talk about how to receive Christ and true Christianity. It is for real, despite what you see bitter, condescending hypocrites saying here.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
Quote:
Northsouth: If you think it's so awful, why are you still "peeking?" I thought I was done with you and the other hypocrites way back in the thread. I never said I was frustrated...your word so it must apply to you. Wisteria, Dreameyes and RealAnglelion....you are all on my ignore list. I would ask any people that stop by and "peek" at the thread to please take into consideration these three holier-than-thou posters are not what Christianity is about and to keep seeking in spite of posts like theirs. You can always PM me if you would like to talk about how to receive Christ and true Christianity. It is for real, despite what you see bitter, condescending hypocrites saying here.
Thank you for confirming. You don't need to use the word "frustrated," it is evident. If you truly emulate Christianity (which, believe me I know many, many people who are Christians, and since you know nothing about me, you truly cannot judge me), then it is why others are turned off.

Your words say too much about yourself, and I'm surprised you would continue to use such language to others. I was hoping that by now your posts would have calmed down, but I see they continue to increase in negativity.

Your continuing to name call, berate people and use hostile language does not emulate the kindness of true Christianity. I am very glad you blocked me -- thank you.

I am sorry you are representative of a religion. I have a feeling there is much more to your words than just trying to preach Christianity, and I hope that you have a pastor to speak to. My point was that I am not frustrated -- I haven't been around except a few times -- however, I happened to notice your many, many posts and virulent words, which really are hypocritical for one who is trying to teach Christianity and demonstrate frustration on your end because others seem turned off by your words.

Don't worry, I won't be back, however, I hope that you talk to your pastor or a counselor because there is something very unChristian-like in your manner, and the way you have fought to maintain leverage shows a level of frustration on your part. I could care less -- your words are not words of a caring person, and you have not shown demonstration of your beliefs by actions. Hoosier_Guy, on the other hand, shows and demonstrates his belief in a positive way, and I commend him on that -- when you look at the difference, it is a clear divide.

If the moderator feels this is appropriate, then so be it. I'm just surprised that this has been allowed to continue in this way. It doesn't matter to me, because, fortunately, I do not know you in "real" life, nor can you harm me because you don't know me -- and frankly, you scare me, and you may be capable of harm to others. Words when used so callously show callousness of the spirit. I hope that you will try to see the harm you cause yourself and others by pushing so hard, in such a defensive, and nasty way.

By the way, I was raised in Christian churches, still attend various ones, have friends who ARE ministers and priests, and they do NOT sound anything like you do -- and that is why I suggest you talk to your pastor because maybe he/she can help you to word your thoughts more appropriately so that others will listen.

I'm sorry you are upset yet again -- I had hoped that by offering suggestions of constructive ways (working in soup kitchens, helping to rebuild after Katrina, helping the needy in your community) to use Christian models that you might find outlets that could help others in real life. I am sorry that you appear unopen to such suggestions.

Thank you -- and I do apologize to the others because I did not intend to rile up more fire.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Thank you Wisteria. Good post and food for thought.

After living close to 50 years and shunning all organized religions, I found my way to christianity two years ago. At the hands of one man who NEVER preached or pressured me to go to church. But his life spoke volumes.

I asked to go to church with him.

I think Northsouth will eventually learn that people will turn a deaf ear to her message when it comes in such a hostile manner. I have said it before, but will say it again, Hoosier and I may disagree on any number of topics, but I have great respect for him (and a few other christians here on CD forum). And would turn to him for advice and fellowship in a heart beat.

I am not bashing Northsouth, I am only hoping and praying Northsouth will mature so she CAN share her message in a christ-like way.

Peace.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Thank you Wisteria. Good post and food for thought.

After living close to 50 years and shunning all organized religions, I found my way to christianity two years ago. At the hands of one man who NEVER preached or pressured me to go to church. But his life spoke volumes.

I asked to go to church with him.

I think Northsouth will eventually learn that people will turn a deaf ear to her message when it comes in such a hostile manner. I have said it before, but will say it again, Hoosier and I may disagree on any number of topics, but I have great respect for him (and a few other christians here on CD forum). And would turn to him for advice and fellowship in a heart beat.

I am not bashing Northsouth, I am only hoping and praying Northsouth will mature so she CAN share her message in a christ-like way.

Peace.
I'm closing the thread. You are right....I cannot do any good here without the support of true Christians, which you are not. I only ask that you and the others who claim to be Christians pray hard for your superior attitudes and lack of open-mindedness to disappear towards God's method through me and others like me in these troubling times and keeps you from sabotaging any more of His work. Love to all in Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality