U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 04-30-2009, 04:24 PM

133 posts, read 165,422 times
Default The Afterlife is Real

The afterlife DOES exist. Whether it's Heaven or Hell or not, it's real. Whether or not you believe it is fine, but the fact is, when you die your spirit will live on. There is absolutely nothing you can do about this.

Victor Zammit describes best what happens to someone who disbelieves in the afterlife. They will simply be in a realm of "nothingness" that could last thousands of years until someone from the lighter realm takes them and shows them it's real. Now, most atheists do not believe in the afterlife - they say it's to "comfort" humans, it's like "before being born", you know - all that. However, atheists - if you want "proof to believe", then explain spirits, souls, ghosts, NDE's, EVP's, OOB's, mediums, people who communicate with the dead, astral planes, focus levels - I can go on and on with evidence that points to yes. But when I look at evidence for no afterlife, there is none. Nothing. Why do atheists NOT believe in the afterlife if there's no evidence to support it NOT exisiting yet there's tons of evidence pointing to it? Is it because Richard Dawkins said so, and all the other scientists? I thought atheists were supposed to believe in anything that can be proven? Do you choose not to believe because it's just too good for you? Are you scared of it? Are you scared of living your daily life? If not, then you shouldn't be afraid of the afterlife. Since mankinds beginning every generation has believed in some sort of afterlife.

As far as astral levels see:

YouTube - Interview with a Spirit Guide/ Astral Planes.

NDE's are real. Speculators say it's brain activity while we have thousands experincing similar things during an NDE. Just think about how complex the human brain is. We all think differently. We all get sad and happy differently. We all know differently. We all do differently. No one's brain is the same. If no one's brain is the same, how do thousands experience the same exact thing? Hell, I can go to a sad movie and everyone in the theater will react differently. Some may cry, some may be sad and stay quiet, some may be happy, some may start shouting, etc. Some people "die" and don't remember anything. They did experience it, they just don't remember. There mind may have been erased to NOT remember. Who knows? It's like dreaming at night. You dream every night, but some mornings you just don't know about what. Except, NDE's are real. Below is a story of a lady blind who had an NDE. Clinically blind, she described what she had saw.

YouTube - Near Death Experience - Blind woman SEES while OUT OF BODY

I want someone to scientifically prove there is no afterlife. It cannot be done. I can prove there is. You can prove to yourself there is by trying to reach those that have passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-30-2009, 04:44 PM

6,455 posts, read 7,841,761 times
Where do they grow the people who come up with this ridiculous stuff and those who believe it??? Spirits, souls, ghouls, ghosts, UFO's, mediums, dragons, fairies, sprites, elves, magic eight balls, Ouija Boards, the Pied Piper and Howard Stern's Fartman... How on Earth do people keep falling for this crap???

Unread 04-30-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Where do they grow the people who come up with this ridiculous stuff and those who believe it??? Spirits, souls, ghouls, ghosts, UFO's, mediums, dragons, fairies, sprites, elves, magic eight balls, Ouija Boards, the Pied Piper and Howard Stern's Fartman... How on Earth do people keep falling for this crap???
That's not a valid arguement. Also you are including things such as "fairies" in there..give me a break..you're just mocking the subject..YOU can find out, for YOURSELF, that more waits..your just choose NOT too.

Unread 04-30-2009, 04:57 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,629,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsdfz View Post
The afterlife DOES exist. Whether it's Heaven or Hell or not, it's real. Whether or not you believe it is fine, but the fact is, when you die your spirit will live on. There is absolutely nothing you can do about this.
<snippage>
I want someone to scientifically prove there is no afterlife. It cannot be done. I can prove there is. You can prove to yourself there is by trying to reach those that have passed.
Heh. Look up falsifiability.

Unread 04-30-2009, 05:30 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,303,663 times
Picture a twin in the womb of the mother

For nine months they are living eating drinking chatting etc..
They think that the womb is the only world

At the time of delivery the one who is still inside he think that his brother is died and finished and he does not relies that his brother is in a different world and life and there are people receiving him and soon he will join him

Similarly in this life when some one die and buried he actually goes to different world and life and there are angels receiving him to test him and judge him

Unread 04-30-2009, 05:41 PM

7,917 posts, read 10,456,547 times
moonsun wrote:
Quote:
For nine months they are living eating drinking chatting etc..
They think that the womb is the only world
Moonsun, my friend, I think that's a bit of a stretch when you describe the life in the womb of twins. What language are they chatting in and where did they learn it? I don't think a baby's brain has developed to the point that there is an actual perception of self awareness. I suspect this probably happens a few months after birth although I certainly don't claim to be an expert. Also, I don't believe an afterlife exists for the same reasons that I don't believe a prelife exists. Our consciousness is simply a function of our brains and nothing more.

Unread 04-30-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post

Also, I don't believe an afterlife exists for the same reasons that I don't believe a prelife exists. Our consciousness is simply a function of our brains and nothing more.
If I told you a way that you could prove to yourself there is an afterlife, would you be willing to do it?

Unread 04-30-2009, 05:57 PM

457 posts, read 584,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
moonsun wrote:

Moonsun, my friend, I think that's a bit of a stretch when you describe the life in the womb of twins. What language are they chatting in and where did they learn it? I don't think a baby's brain has developed to the point that there is an actual perception of self awareness. I suspect this probably happens a few months after birth although I certainly don't claim to be an expert. Also, I don't believe an afterlife exists for the same reasons that I don't believe a prelife exists. Our consciousness is simply a function of our brains and nothing more.
Montana,

I recently read a interesting article on Scientific American discussing when a human finally is aware and understands their 'self'. Check it out here: Are Very Young Children Stuck in the Perpetual Present?: Scientific American

Babies first pass the 'mirror' recognition test at around 18-24 months old. This test has been used on other animals in determining sentience. It's not until 3 to 4 years old, however, when a young human starts to be fully aware of the self.

Unread 04-30-2009, 06:00 PM

22,797 posts, read 15,504,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsdfz View Post
If I told you a way that you could prove to yourself there is an afterlife, would you be willing to do it?
Wow! You have proof? You're gonna be famous if you do, because you will be the first to produce proof of anything supernatural....I wonder why I don't believe you?....Just sceptical till I actually see it I guess.

Unread 04-30-2009, 06:00 PM

7,917 posts, read 10,456,547 times
slashsdfz wrote:
Quote:
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality