Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:58 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,956,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually you have no idea what Jesus really said, but you continue to state all of your beliefs as if they were proven facts...They are not facts, but simply what you believe. As for the bible, it is so full of errors, contradictions and outright fantasy, I have no idea how a person with the ability to think reasonably and logically would be able to find much truth in it.

Just the idea from the bible that the earth is the center of the universe should cause you to question that book.
sanspeur, I have asked you many times to show us one of these errors that connot be explained. I'm still waiting for the first one that I cannot explain. Why don't your present us with another one sanspeur, maybe this time you will really confuse me, and I will be at a loss for words. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,052,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If we have a something that looks like a burning mountain that is tossed, it would be a fair assumption that we are talking about a large rock that is on fire and in the air.
No being cast is not tossed from heaven, it is like casting/throwing a rock into water
The only thing I know that would fit that description, would be an Asteroid entering earths atmosphere.
NO you want it to fit that description. Big difference to what the text and the concordance actually says.
Quote:
The fact that one third of the ships, and one third of the marine life are killed off in that sea, would also be in keeping with an Asteroid strike.
No it would not. If it is global as ships are no longer limited to the olde worlde of the Med, were this remotely true, then it has to be cataclysmic and will affect all oceans.

For it to be an asteroid as big as a mountain, that would vaporize the ocean at impact and would set off a thermonuclear chain reaction one million times greater than all the nukes we have in the world today.
Quote:
The writers of the Bible knew a lot about the future, and you only hold the position you do because you are either not aware of the prophecies of the Bible, or you have ignored them. Those archaic writings are telling you numerous detailed things that are occuring in our own time, and it appears to me
No they did not. The biblical prophesies are so vague, any event can be construed to match them.
Quote:
you are blind to them. Which is pretty much normal for the time we find ourselves in.
Please do not assume what I know or do not know. That is a lame apologist deflection.

BTW you are really off topic. I think I should report you for hijacking this thread.
Quote:
Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
NO you want it to fit that description. Big difference to what the text and the concordance actually says.
No it would not. If it is global as ships are no longer limited to the olde worlde of the Med, were this remotely true, then it has to be cataclysmic and will affect all oceans.

For it to be an asteroid as big as a mountain, that would vaporize the ocean at impact and would set off a thermonuclear chain reaction one million times greater than all the nukes we have in the world today.
No they did not. The biblical prophesies are so vague, any event can be construed to match them. Please do not assume what I know or do not know. That is a lame apologist deflection.

BTW you are really off topic. I think I should report you for hijacking this thread.
You are making numerous assumptions without knowledge. The God of the Bible knows where the strike will occur, and that is why He also knows (the percentage of ships that will be sunk). You don't have that knowledge, and are trying to suggest different scenarios, when the reality is, the God of the Bible already knows the time, and the location of this coming event.

Your belief that an Asteroid the size of a mountain would vaporize the ocean is pretty much a false belief. It is believed that many years ago an asteroid struck the sea just off of Antarctica. That Asteroid was believed to be somewhere over a half mile to two and a half miles in diameter. It blew a water column 3 miles high, yet as we all can see, the sea did not vaporize. Consider the link below.

(meteorobs) LONG... Ancient asteroid

And I don't blame you for wanting to report me, usually that happens when the one that I am speaking to has no real answers so their weapon of choice is usually censorship. That's why believers in evolution go to court to block any other evidence outside of their theory from being taught in the public schools. Have you been to court lately? LOL
And if I recall, the topic was about the Bible speaking of the Universe, and since Asteroids are part of that universe, I don't see this as being off topic.

Last edited by Campbell34; 05-06-2009 at 01:01 AM..

Old 05-06-2009, 12:53 AM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
You had better not use that Antarctic example Campbell, because it happened 2.15 million years ago...That would invalidate your young earth ideas. Even it the sea had vaporized, don't you think it would have condensed by now...So little understanding of common science

Old 05-06-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
You had better not use that Antarctic example Campbell, because it happened 2.15 million years ago...That would invalidate your young earth ideas. Even it the sea had vaporized, don't you think it would have condensed by now...So little understanding of common science
2.15 million years, is just another time assumption, that is based on more assumptions. sanspeur, if you believe those times, I might have some land in Florida I could sell you. Don't you recall that 8 year old Mt. Saint Helens rock that was time tested, and found to be a million years old? Yeah, I feel confidence with these guys. LOL

Old 05-06-2009, 02:16 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,052,859 times
Quote:
You are making numerous assumptions without knowledge. The God of the Bible knows where the strike will occur, and that is why He also knows (the percentage of ships that will be sunk). You don't have that knowledge, and are trying to suggest different scenarios, when the reality is, the God of the Bible already knows the time, and the location of this coming event.
Really? I am just taking the bible as literal and using the concordance to see what the meaning of the original text was.

So a third of all ships (global) will be lost thus it is fair to assume that this supposed asteroid of yours will destroy all third of the ships who just do not happen to be in the same place at the same time.

But if god only knows, how is it you know it will be an asteroid?
Quote:
Your belief that an Asteroid the size of a mountain would vaporize the ocean is pretty much a false belief. It is believed that many years ago an asteroid struck the sea just off of Antarctica. That Asteroid was believed to be somewhere over a half mile to two and a half miles in diameter. It blew a water column 3 miles high, yet as we all can see, the sea did not vaporize. Consider the link below.

(meteorobs) LONG... Ancient asteroid
Happened millions of years ago.
Quote:
And I don't blame you for wanting to report me, usually that happens when the one that I am speaking to has no real answers so their weapon of choice is usually censorship. That's why believers in evolution go to court to block any other evidence outside of their theory from being taught in the public schools. Have you been to court lately? LOL
And if I recall, the topic was about the Bible speaking of the Universe, and since Asteroids are part of that universe, I don't see this as being off topic.
It is off topic as the OP is asking of other galaxies not asteroids.

Only America it seems wants to keep the folk in the dark ages. Where I stay, there are no creationists/ID's pushing their lame ideas and cosmology/evolution is taught as science, hence no court cases.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:38 AM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
2.15 million years, is just another time assumption, that is based on more assumptions. sanspeur, if you believe those times, I might have some land in Florida I could sell you. Don't you recall that 8 year old Mt. Saint Helens rock that was time tested, and found to be a million years old? Yeah, I feel confidence with these guys. LOL
Yeah I certainly do remember how you lie and twist words and science to fit your myth, and at the same time ignore all evidence ( tons of it ) that conficts with the tale in your mind...Geez, you even twist the words of your revered bible when it suits you....No honesty or integrity at all.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:11 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,292,647 times
Quote:
Actually you have no idea what Jesus really said, but you continue to state all of your beliefs as if they were proven facts...They are not facts, but simply what you believe. As for the bible, it is so full of errors, contradictions and outright fantasy, I have no idea how a person with the ability to think reasonably and logically would be able to find much truth in it.

Just the idea from the bible that the earth is the center of the universe should cause you to question that book.
Yea, your right we was not there to hear what Jesus said.

But answer me this how much of the bible have you actually went to see if it is false. Since you are all about evidence. Have you actually went to the place where the bible was written? Have you even went outside of an online source to see if the bible is real?

Know you can't go and interview Paul or Jesus, but you can see if these place in the bible are real. Have you done that, I think not?

The real debate is proving facts for what can be seen. If a person really wants to disprove the bible, then they will have to go to the source, and I know that you haven't even put your foot on the soil to see what is false or what is real.

I have seen the places what about you? What have you seen, what have you studied, what have you researched? Have you even went outside of the bible, to an actual place?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:29 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,292,647 times
I take you not answering is a no. You can always tell the people who can't back up their big mouth.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:34 PM

161 posts, read 413,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I take you not answering is a no. You can always tell the people who can't back up their big mouth.
and you can always tell the people who can't keep theirs shut!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality