Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 04:33 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Sure I can but you wont accept my proof. And by the way we do not condemn the homosexuals we condemn their actions while they condemn themselves by their actions.

Sure we can, but again you will not accept the proof.

We have already proven it and even you are proving it, but you will not acknowledge you are proving it because you will not acknowledge any proof.
You know the Templeton prize is a bit over 1.5 million. If you have proof of the existence of God and submit it to them, then I'm sure the prize would be yours...Why waste time here?

Old 05-07-2009, 04:35 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
They won't accept subjective proof. Just like virgins don't believe in orgasms.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Lol...I'm sure that many virgins have experienced orgasms.....It's a solitary thing though.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:40 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You know the Templeton prize is a bit over 1.5 million. If you have proof of the existence of God and submit it to them, then I'm sure the prize would be yours...Why waste time here?
Because those who choose not to believe will not no matter how much proof you present.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Because those who choose not to believe will not no matter how much proof you present.
Ahh, but Robin the Templeton Foundation is actively seeking proof of God and the spiritual realm...They are on your side....Go for it...You could be set for life!

The prize aims, in his words, to identify "entrepreneurs of the spirit"—outstanding individuals who have devoted their talents to expanding our vision of ultimate purpose and reality. The Prize celebrates no particular faith tradition or notion of God, but rather the quest for progress in humanity's efforts to comprehend the many and diverse manifestations of the Divine.

Templeton Prize - Purpose

Old 05-07-2009, 05:00 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Quote:
You know this becomes a little hypocritical of you, first you ask for proof from individuals who say that they don't believe in your god and then you say you can prove that your god exists and when you are asked for that proof, you cannot provide it because you assume that nobody's going to believe you. Do you know what it means to assume something?

Last edited by ptsum; 05-07-2009 at 05:35 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 05:21 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Do you come with a graphic equalizer or volume control?
All I'm hearing is distortion.

Just do what I do, hon - take full advantage of all the settings City-Data has to offer. There's some kind of neat function us "morons" use...starts with an "I", I do believe. Some people are all *bark bark bark*, not realizing that some of us don't even know they're yapping away. So they're just barking at the wind, basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I'm "anti-gay" for the same reason that I'm "anti-anythingthatisimmoral".

The Bible is clear that homosexuality is immoral. You can call that closed-minded if you like.
How'd that experiment go, kdbrich? You know the one I'm talking about...where I dared you to try and repress your innermost feelings and attractions? What'd you think?

Actually, the Bible is NOT clear that homosexuality is immoral. You just choose to think it is.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:14 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I'm "anti-gay" for the same reason that I'm "anti-anythingthatisimmoral".

The Bible is clear that homosexuality is immoral. You can call that closed-minded if you like.
Clear? Only if you're reading into it something that isn't there. It's not "clear" at all if you research the texts in their historical cultural context and the original languages.

Now if you'd said something like: you were "anti-male-temple-prostitutes-worshipping-pagan-fertility-gods" or "anti-sex-orgies-in-pagan-temples" it would be more believable.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:40 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Just do what I do, hon - take full advantage of all the settings City-Data has to offer. There's some kind of neat function us "morons" use...starts with an "I", I do believe. Some people are all *bark bark bark*, not realizing that some of us don't even know they're yapping away. So they're just barking at the wind, basically.
"Yapping away". I like it. I tried the "I" function for awhile but you can still read the posts when they are quoted by others, so I turned it off again and just generally skip over the more aggressively insulting "yappings".

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Actually, the Bible is NOT clear that homosexuality is immoral. You just choose to think it is.
Personally, I think it's immoral that many post 1946 English versions have deliberately mistranslated the 2 verses which use the word "homosexuals" (1 Cor 6:9, 1 Tim 1:10). How many people just read those verses without really thinking about it, and just assume they are correct translations? And who commissioned those versions? Churches. Thus showing the OP's point that many people believe what their churches say, rather than do their own research before blindly using those easily found verses to condemn homosexuals.

It's ironic that the 1 Cor 6:9 verse used to be translated to condemn masturbators, not homosexuals. But that wasn't accurate either- just popular during a certain time period.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-07-2009 at 07:06 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 PM

305 posts, read 1,233,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I've read lots of comments from people who say they are anti-gay because their church disapproves of it, or they believe the Bible tells them to be anti-gay. I can't help but think, "Really? Is that all it takes? Are you unable to think for yourself?"

Why do some people blindly follow orders without questioning them? I can't imagine surrendering my ability to think and evaluate things on my own. I would feel like I've joined a cult if I did that.

Obviously, I'm not a religious person, but I do like to try to understand why so many people are religious.

Thanks.
I am not "anti" any -person

I am pro BIBLE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality