Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2018, 04:26 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Not among the deluded, no. And?
The fact that you would include someone like Isaac Newton among the "deluded" says a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 04:47 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I'm sorry to inform you that atheists don't have a lot of credibility outside of their atheist groups.
What are these "atheist groups" you speak of? Like I've said before, I've known 3 people who I knew were not believers. One of them went to one of those Sunday meetings. Once. He said it was incredibly boring. As far as I know, atheists don't generally join groups, so I'm curious what these groups are that you know about.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:14 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
The fact that you would include someone like Isaac Newton among the "deluded" says a lot.
Newton...wasn't he the guy that spent half his time researching into Alchemy and doing Horoscopes?
Quote:
Rubbish. This is your usual straw man and ad hominem with everyone who disagrees with your ersatz god. When we point out W = Fd does not support the position you pretend it does. When we point out no one is denying the things you claim we are.

Whaddaya got?
"Ersatz god"

Old 11-17-2018, 07:09 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Rubbish. This is your usual straw man and ad hominem with everyone who disagrees with your ersatz god. When we point out W = Fd does not support the position you pretend it does. When we point out no one is denying the things you claim we are.

Whaddaya got?
err, you do not know that most of the proteins are doing work in you? harry, if you don't know such a basic notion why would you even being challenging me? watch a youtube on how muscles work. watch a youtube video on how neurons work. They are all doing work.

harry, you not knowing that cell proteins do a lot work is kind of embarrassing to me. I mean now I am talking to a person telling me I am wrong and they don't know what they are talking about.

my god claim?

My god claim is that, parts of the universe are alive (as we define it) and connected to every other part around them.

my god claim is that the universe is evolving and has self organized from less complex to more complex and that it will continue to do so.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:17 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:

Whaddaya got?
also harry. you say here you are not denying what I am saying

come on now harry, you have to make up your mind. what is it? you are not denying it or you are?

although, like one fundy creationist won't look stupid to another fundy creationist, your double talk wont lessin your street credz with other members of the "deny everything because we need to stop religion" sect of atheism members.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:40 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:

The fact that you need to straw man my position says a lot. I do not know how Newton would view atheism. And neither do you.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
err, you do not know that most of the proteins are doing work in you? harry, if you don't know such a basic notion why would you even being challenging me? watch a youtube on how muscles work. watch a youtube video on how neurons work. They are all doing work.

Talk to the real me, not your straw man version. My BSc is based on knowing how neurons work. Part of my business is based on knowing how neurons work.

Quote:
harry, you not knowing that cell proteins do a lot work is kind of embarrassing to me. I mean now I am talking to a person telling me I am wrong and they don't know what they are talking about.

W = Fd is the amount of work done to move something over a given distance by using a given force. Spot the problem yet? If I hold a ball over my head, I am using energy, but I am not doing any work. If I walk in this position, the ball has moved but not because of the force I am applying. So it has done no work. Spot the problem yet? It is only if I apply a force to the ball to make it move will it have done some work. So you can NOT use W=Fd to measure the work of a cell or neuron, as the answer would be ZERO.

Clearly you do NOT know what you are talking about, and just used W=Fd to try and fool the people who remember their high school science.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
also harry. you say here you are not denying what I am saying

come on now harry, you have to make up your mind. what is it? you are not denying it or you are?

although, like one fundy creationist won't look stupid to another fundy creationist, your double talk wont lessin your street credz with other members of the "deny everything because we need to stop religion" sect of atheism members.
Atheism = not believing in ALL gods. So what do you have? W = Fd?

Because logically, if you have no evidence (and therefore need to make it up (W = Fd )), then you are probably wrong.

That is the killer argument for ALL religions, and the major argument for my atheism.

Last edited by Harry Diogenes; 11-17-2018 at 09:55 AM..

Old 11-17-2018, 09:19 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What are these "atheist groups" you speak of? Like I've said before, I've known 3 people who I knew were not believers. One of them went to one of those Sunday meetings. Once. He said it was incredibly boring. As far as I know, atheists don't generally join groups, so I'm curious what these groups are that you know about.
This forum is one example of an atheist group.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:39 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
This forum is one example of an atheist group.
You should strive to pull your head out of your..um... navel, and check out reality sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality