Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2018, 09:58 AM

16,661 posts, read 15,654,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
This forum is one example of an atheist group.
That's just silly. The atheists here are no more a group that the Christians are.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:59 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
That doesn't even make sense. There are INDIVIDUAL atheists who post on here along with all sorts of theists. How then could this forum be an "atheist group"?

Old 11-17-2018, 10:04 AM

62 posts, read 33,415 times
Quote:
I'm sorry to inform you that atheists don't have a lot of credibility outside of their atheist groups.
And the credibility of a god or gods is supported by what evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 10:12 AM

62 posts, read 33,415 times
Quote:
Your desperation to be right is showing.....

thus these forums are also a group of Toyota owners, people with cancer, people with children, people that live in Florida (and a group for every other state), people that live in countries other than the US, people who are retired, people who exercise, ............ and so on

I guess believing in illogical fallacies causes one to create other illogical fallacies.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:16 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Skeptic View Post
Your desperation to be right is showing.....

thus these forums are also a group of Toyota owners, people with cancer, people with children, people that live in Florida (and a group for every other state), people that live in countries other than the US, people who are retired, people who exercise, ............ and so on

I guess believing in illogical fallacies causes one to create other illogical fallacies.
You don't seem to understand that groups can be formed online. I have seen similar ones in real life. It's just a group of like minded individuals. What's wrong with that observation?

Old 11-17-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That doesn't even make sense. There are INDIVIDUAL atheists who post on here along with all sorts of theists. How then could this forum be an "atheist group"?
Fine. Don't call this a group if you don't want. But have you ever heard of Meetup or other similar groups which organize online? I've attended atheist and freethinking groups. I wasn't impressed with their beliefs. Nice people. I just didn't agree with their beliefs or understand their "logic". I see similar kinds of groups online.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
You don't seem to understand that groups can be formed online. I have seen similar ones in real life. It's just a group of like minded individuals. What's wrong with that observation?
Groups can be formed online. This isn't one of those. Groups have some kind of organization, purpose, or structure, etc.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry to inform you that atheists don't have a lot of credibility outside of their atheist groups.
So, we're back to this. Are you ready to admit that you spoke too soon about "atheist groups?"

Otherwise, what groups are you talking about?

Old 11-17-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
So, we're back to this. Are you ready to admit that you spoke too soon about "atheist groups?"

Otherwise, what groups are you talking about?
Any group of like minded individuals qualifies as a group. The fact that it is not "organized" doesn't mean that it's not essentially the same thing. I know you are smarter than you appear.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:41 AM

16,756 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Any group of like minded individuals qualifies as a group. The fact that it is not "organized" doesn't mean that it's not essentially the same thing. I know you are smarter than you appear.

Except it is not just atheists here on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality