Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:38 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Is God and His works perfect?
I was a non believer at one time and enjoyed winning debates with believers using the K J Bible against them. Paradoxically, it was by knowing this Bible and interpreting it my way that lead me to find God.
I had determined that if there was a God at all, then whatever he had created had to be perfect and that that
This perfection would maintain itself over time. Never backsliding to imperfection.
God could never look down on earth and say, oops what the hell happened to my perfect world, it was good and now look at it, imperfect.
His will is supreme and not even a world of humans could collectively thwart His will with theirs.
I began to see this perfection that had to be here even with evils and sins and woes and that is when I found God. I went into the spirit, as the ancients used to say and God showed me the pain and pleasure of knowing that He was actually there.
I am not sure yet if it is the Christian God or not because I see the Bible as a consolidation of the then known religions. A bit from one and a bit from another.
The God I found is one of infinite love for humanity. He does not kill us or otherwise interfere but is there for those who seek.
He does not match the God that literal readers of scripture know.
That literal God, if the old testament is believed as the WORD does not have infinite love for man because He tends to kill them quite often. Sodom, Noah’s flood and many other times and places.
I find it strange that literal readers do not take this scripture literally.
Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
[SIZE=2]They see babies being born as already stained with sin. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If perfect and having a sin nature is part of perfection, and I think it is then well and good. If not then you would have to explain why God would create imperfect souls and natures for us.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Most literal reader though do not see this world as good even though, in Eden, God looked down and saw that the earth was good even with Satan there as the talking serpent.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Why God allowed Satan there is debatable but regardless of this, he was there for literal readers.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Imperfection cannot flow out of perfection. A perfect stream will not give poison water.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Perfection flows from perfection and imperfection flows from imperfection.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I see God’s universe as perfect.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I should give you my definition of perfect now to save some time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Some people see or use that word to denote a finish and complete product.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I do not and if I may, God does not.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]In the beginning God was alone and perfect. He then began to add to His universe. Evolution is change so since the changes He began with, did not cause a lose of perfection, but moved it to a new level, I say that perfection is now perfection in evolution. Always perfect but like the U S constitution uses the term, moving to a more perfect state. I also do not see a schism between Darwin’s evolution and God. God began it and Darwin named it. This shows my thoughts on a six day creation but that too is a different issue.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]My question then is,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Do you see God’s universe as perfection in evolution, or,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Do you see God’s initial perfection gone and replaced by imperfection?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Is God still looking down with a smile as His perfection continues to evolve over never ending time as befits a God of perfect works, or[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Is God looking down and saying, oops, what happened to my perfect universe and world. It backslid.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]You should know that I do not ever expect God to return at some end time because I see His judgment at the beginning of our birth in Genesis as the only judgment that he need render. To have Him return, red faced, to fix a perfect world is beyond my definition of God. He gets things right the first time, every time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I do not include this for debate here but only to show how strongly I believe that when we left the garden we did so with God being proud of His perfect works and not ashamed that He had started us off on the wrong foot, so to speak, from the beginning of our journey.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Regards[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]DL[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
I don't know what God you are refering to but it is not the God of the bible and the God who created everything.

Evolution does not exist, so I don't understand how this can be some kind of perfect force.

I think you should be careful going "into the spirit" as you describe. It sound like you might be getting into the satanic. You may have had a satanic encounter like Joseph Smith and now have a distorted view of reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
As stated, I was a non believer and quite skeptical. I think that faith without facts is for fools. After eliminating the Bible God as a viable option, I still had an itch to know the truth of why man was so obsessed with the idea of a God.

One of my main itches was the fact that on all continents and island nations of earth in our beginning, all peoples developed the idea of a God. They were not in contact with each other at that time. This seemed puzzling and kept me searching for the cause. As I said, this lead me to a theory of what had to be if there was a God and that theory of perfection in evolution lead me to challenge God to show or go so to speak.

He showed. I would have preferred a miracle working super God but knowing what I know now, I recognize better the perfection in evolution that we live in. I would not change a thing.

Regards
DL
The people of all nations remember God in their folklore and verbally past-down histories. This is because we all came from the same family, remember Adam and Eve. After the Flood Noah's three sons had 16 grandchildren and these grandchildren went and began all of the cultures of earth. That is why all cultures have a memory of the flood, God, sacrifices, etc...

Fortunately the bible has the perfect account of what happened. God preserve his word and the history of the world. That is why concerning the Isrealites God said "Through you shall all the nations of the earth be blessed". Because they kept the Torah.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:55 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The people of all nations remember God in their folklore and verbally past-down histories. This is because we all came from the same family, remember Adam and Eve. After the Flood Noah's three sons had 16 grandchildren and these grandchildren went and began all of the cultures of earth. That is why all cultures have a memory of the flood, God, sacrifices, etc...

Fortunately the bible has the perfect account of what happened. God preserve his word and the history of the world. That is why concerning the Isrealites God said "Through you shall all the nations of the earth be blessed". Because they kept the Torah.
Hate to disillusion you but the torah that they have is not 'the' torah of Moses...it's been distorted by the pharisees...

Old 05-09-2009, 10:04 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
nothing is perfect!!! i can find a flaw in anything tangible that is supposedly perfect..the word perfect should not exist.. if god is perfect than why did he make us we are far from perfect..

Old 05-09-2009, 02:29 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,297 times
How can a Creator of this universe and the 'universe' of the hereafter; not be perfect?

Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,447 times
God is Perfect, and His creating is perfect according to His design.

God hasn't any defect in Himself; God is God: no go but God the Creator.

>> This is like for example: a factory of automobile manufacturing: it can make different kinds of cars and motorcycles ...etc.

This factory manufactures different kinds of cars: 2 engines or one engine or motorcycle: but all its manufacturing is very good: according to its designing: the car of one engine is excellent and the car with 2 engines is excellent; but the owner of this factory deliberately wants to create different levels of manufacture, and all his making is excellent to fit his purpose.

>> Example:
The eye of man is perfect manufacturing for this man.

The eye of the seagull is perfect to suit its need of seeing the fish while it is flying in the sky, and the fish is swimming under the water surface.

The eye of the owl is perfect to enable it to see in the dark night.

>> This is in the Quran 32 : 7
الَّذِي أَحْسَنَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ خَلَقَهُ وَبَدَأَ خَلْقَ الْإِنسَانِ مِن طِينٍ

The explanation:

([God] Who created all things well [-perfected],
and started the creation of man [: Adam] out of mud.)

Last edited by eanassir; 05-10-2009 at 08:30 AM..

Old 05-10-2009, 09:09 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,716 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatetruth View Post
So, God was born, evolved over his lifetime or was he immortal?
As stated, I believe that what man has called God was the cosmic consciousness. Unfortunately man blew God and His attributes all out of proportion to the point of imposibility. Man created the ideas of God as a super miracle working dude that just never shows up to do His miracles to help man. most of sciptural miracles you might note is when that God kills humans. Odd, no.

Does the cosmic consciousness evolve over time? Yes.
Born of the first true man, it could not have been immortal.
Will it live forever? It cannot know till it knows when or if forever ends. Just like man cannot know if the universe is endless until we see the end. We know that is is beyond our ability to measure at this point in time and that is all we can know.

Quote:
then did he die? then what? also, why would he evolve at a much higher rate than others in his lifetime?
Who said it did?
Not I but it is likely, because of the sheer number and intelligence of man that it has access to.
If you and I are in a room full of people, I think we can say that the collective intelligence in that room is more than the intelligence of one man outside of that room.

If you consider the history of sacrifice, you can see that the demands of God have changed to a more intelligent position over time.

Regards
DL

Old 05-10-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Are God and his works perfect...obviously not, he gave us mosquitos, cockroaches, and Rosie O'Donnell.
Whatever feed on mosquitoes and cockroaches think that to be perfect.
As to Rosie, check with her friends.

Regards
DL

Old 05-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I don't know what God you are refering to but it is not the God of the bible and the God who created everything.

Evolution does not exist, so I don't understand how this can be some kind of perfect force.

I think you should be careful going "into the spirit" as you describe. It sound like you might be getting into the satanic. You may have had a satanic encounter like Joseph Smith and now have a distorted view of reality.
Evolution does not exist to you?

There goes basically all the science that we have developed over the last 1000 years.

You may want to educate yourself. If not then remain as you are.

Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial 1of12
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O-vsq48ZoU[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Bill Maher on Intelligent Design
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBiBOMtV9tQ&feature=related[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Regards
DL

Old 05-10-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
nothing is perfect!!! i can find a flaw in anything tangible that is supposedly perfect..the word perfect should not exist.. if god is perfect than why did he make us we are far from perfect..
You may want to note how I defined perfect as perfection in evolution.

If you can find imperfection in all things then try showing the imperfection of the evolutionary process. I do not think you can.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality