Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 02:08 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I notice you did not quote at lease ONE verse You have none to support you other than what you make up in your head. It's called "the gospel of make belief"
I am sorry you see it that way.

If you believe yourself to be evil, wicked and depraved to the core...I guess that's your business. I do not see you that way. And neither does God.

All the verses in the world aren't going to help if a person only sees what they want to see.

Peace... and I do hope you start to see yourself and others the way God sees us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 02:09 PM

852 posts, read 1,364,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Affect View Post
So far no one has given a reasonable answer, anyone else want to try? You are not going to convince me to support baby killing. Only a coward would kill a baby, this is what God is.
I pray that God gives you knowledge for the answers you seek.
Seeking....
That's what you seem to be doing to me.
I hope you find your answers through someone much wiser than me.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:10 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I am sorry you see it that way.

If you believe yourself to be evil, wicked and depraved to the core...I guess that's your business. I do not see you that way. And neither does God.

All the verses in the world aren't going to help if a person only sees what they want to see.

Peace... and I do hope you start to see yourself and others the way God sees us.
So sad a Christian who uses guilt or ignorance trip to defend their belief not the bible itself and then runs away. Do us a favor. Read your bible. It is dangerous trying to understand God or Christianity based on your beliefs and not from scripture.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
So sad a Christian who uses guilt or ignorance trip to defend their belief not the bible itself and then runs away. Do us a favor. Read your bible. It is dangerous trying to understand God or Christianity based on your beliefs and not from scripture.
guilt or ignorance trip??

hmmm.

Fundamentalist... I will let our conversation speak for itself.

Peace to you.
and I do mean that.
I don't just say that flippantly.

Not running away...
Just leaving you be.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
guilt or ignorance trip??

hmmm.

Fundamentalist... I will let our conversation speak for itself.

Peace to you.
and I do mean that.
I don't just say that flippantly.

Not running away...
Just leaving you be.
exactly.....you give your opinion without using not even one verse then you leave by saying, you hope one day I understand yet I go from scripture. You don't even state your defense and then leave. You haven't said anything other than what you believe. Look I am not trying to be a jerk but that is my greatest pet peeve.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-10-2009 at 02:58 PM..

Old 05-10-2009, 03:11 PM

Fundamentalist....

Are you interested in my quoting bible verses because you really want to know why I say God sees us as His children and that we are NOT wicked at our core? Or is it because you want to "debate" because you feel you are 100% correct in thinking that mankind is "AT IT'S CORE, depraved, evil and wicked" and you wish to "prove" this?

Old 05-10-2009, 03:20 PM

69 posts, read 241,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I pray that God gives you knowledge for the answers you seek.
Seeking....
That's what you seem to be doing to me.
I hope you find your answers through someone much wiser than me.

there is nothing you can do to defend killing of babies, go ahead and try, you will fail

Old 05-10-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Fundamentalist....

Are you interested in my quoting bible verses because you really want to know why I say God sees us as His children and that we are NOT wicked at our core? Or is it because you want to "debate" because you feel you are 100% correct in thinking that mankind is "AT IT'S CORE, depraved, evil and wicked" and you wish to "prove" this?
Sparrow you can't know the things of God without His word. The bible is clear how God sees us. I being right is irrelevant. Too many Christians like to get away from the bible and create things without scripture. Do you not see the mess that can create?

Old 05-10-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Affect View Post
there is nothing you can do to defend killing of babies, go ahead and try, you will fail
You never answered my question.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Sparrow you can't know the things of God without His word. The bible is clear how God sees us. I being right is irrelevant. Too many Christians like to get away from the bible and create things without scripture. Do you not see the mess that can create?

Fundamentalist...
Are you putting words in my mouth?
Are you assuming a little too much about me or my beliefs or how I CAME to my beliefs, perhaps?

Can you answer the question I asked you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality