Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:29 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times

Advertisements

Ever seen a True Christian ™ get all moist when they make a [lost and deceived] Jehovah's Witness look stupid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,309 times
insane: maybe you should do exactly as you mentioned in the OP. Take your time, read the Bible....make sure you read it through veerryyy carefully. Take maybe a couple of years if you like. Go ahead, toy with God the way you toyed with the guy who was simply trying to share the Good News of the Gospel. Who knows, maybe Jesus really will come back during that time that you're reading. You never know, maybe you'll be reading the section in Thessalonians where it talks about Him returning in the twinkle of an eye when the news comes on that millions of people have suddenly disappeared and cannot be found. Perhaps you'll read that and realize that maybe you shouldn't have made fun of the guy who was merely trying to show you something good for you. You just never know, do you?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
Then please, sir/ma'am, enlighten me from this ignorance that has me bound.
Christians aren't required or demanded to tithe....we give because we WANT to give. Simple as that.

Quote:
Slams? What slams? Telling the truth is not slaming anyone; it's exactly what it is...telling the truth.
Calling my beliefs a scam is a slam....whether you think so or not.

Quote:
And yes, Insane is quite intelligent, he should be regarded as Boxcar's disciple for the glory of Boxcar because of his smartness.
LOL

Quote:

This isn't the first time I've read a thread and you've been playing the 'woe is me, I've done nothing wrong' character as if we are here to pick on you. Dude, get over yourself, really. You don't have to act like we are jumping down your throat when you say something asinine and we call you on it. At least be mature enough to stop acting like a victim and debate seriously.

It seems your being the overlysensitive one, Alpha.

And your very welcome Insane; anytime, anytime for someone who supports us Boxcarians.
Woe is me? Where?

Pick on me? Where?

I don't think you are jumping down my throat. LOL. I could care less.

What I find amusing is how insane's little public antics seem to make him some sort of atheistic superman....LOL....I think it's cute actually.

I called insane's motives and motivations wayyyyyyyy back on his (I think) first incarnation here on the boards. He and I have a bit of a history both publicly and privately....I won't hold it against you that you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Then please, sir/ma'am, enlighten me from this ignorance that has me bound.

Slams? What slams? Telling the truth is not slaming anyone; it's exactly what it is...telling the truth.

And yes, Insane is quite intelligent, he should be regarded as Boxcar's disciple for the glory of Boxcar because of his smartness.

This isn't the first time I've read a thread and you've been playing the 'woe is me, I've done nothing wrong' character as if we are here to pick on you. Dude, get over yourself, really. You don't have to act like we are jumping down your throat when you say something asinine and we call you on it. At least be mature enough to stop acting like a victim and debate seriously.

It seems your being the overlysensitive one, Alpha.

And your very welcome Insane; anytime, anytime for someone who supports us Boxcarians.
LOL@'Boxcarians.' Am I missing an inside joke here?

As for Alpha, he and I have had a, shall we say, interesting coexistence. Most days he tolerates me. I'm trying my best nowadays to live by the letter of the law.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:59 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
There is an unwritten clause on this forum that those who proclaim to speak on behalf of God are able to say anything they wish against other posters, even calling their ideas "foolish".

It is the rest of us that must watch ourselves. I have tried to address this double standard with the authorities, but when I start pointing out specific instances they never seem to reply.
Please tell me you're joking. I don't know if there is ever a thread in Christianity that doesn't have an atheist calling someone stupid, brainwashed, non-thinking, etc.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
insane: maybe you should do exactly as you mentioned in the OP. Take your time, read the Bible....make sure you read it through veerryyy carefully. Take maybe a couple of years if you like. Go ahead, toy with God the way you toyed with the guy who was simply trying to share the Good News of the Gospel. Who knows, maybe Jesus really will come back during that time that you're reading. You never know, maybe you'll be reading the section in Thessalonians where it talks about Him returning in the twinkle of an eye when the news comes on that millions of people have suddenly disappeared and cannot be found. Perhaps you'll read that and realize that maybe you shouldn't have made fun of the guy who was merely trying to show you something good for you. You just never know, do you?
Thanks but no thanks Urban. I've read through the bible a few times already. Seriously though, I did not set out to do what I did. I was really just minding my business and he stepped to me. All I was doing was making a point. I'm sure he had a bag full of points to present to me if I continued to oblige him. I just happened to make one that ended the conversation.

How's the move going, friend?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
LOL@'Boxcarians.' Am I missing an inside joke here?

As for Alpha, he and I have had a, shall we say, interesting coexistence. Most days he tolerates me. I'm trying my best nowadays to live by the letter of the law.
Heck, I love ya man.

Seriously.

I've hated having to do what I've had to do...but don't take my word...ask June 7th, she'll tell ya the same thing (I hope).

Old 05-12-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Calling my beliefs a scam is a slam....whether you think so or not.
Depends on the perspective, doesn't it Alpha?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Depends on the perspective, doesn't it Alpha?
Yeah, you're probably right.

Can we still be friends?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:08 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,309 times
Quote:
How's the move going, friend?
Ahh, we still have to get the place fixed up and then try and make a hard sell in a very soft market. (Or is it a soft sell in a very hard market?) Anyway, it will probably be another year before we're able to do anything. Blessings to you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality