Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 PM

320 posts, read 448,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp?Ro42 View Post
why hasn't he done it to me yet?
That's because he doesn't punish!
God gave us commandments to protect us! Say, what would be the consequences of sleeping with another man's wife....wel you'd probably get shot..or chanced up the road with a pitch fork lol, or the consequences of robbing a bank!...1, you'd become rich quick or 2, land in prison!

punishment comes to us through wrong choices and poor decisions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 10:51 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,883,681 times
Thumbs down Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
He will. He's patient though...and is giving you time to repent.
And yet... there's that special thread over on the Christian sub-forum right now telling us that He kills babies because they are sinners already, even in the womb!

What... did He run out of patience? How, exactly, does a newborn baby repent?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:21 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,507,038 times
Quote:
Have you never experienced adversity? Are you totally and completely happy? Somewhere, somehow, I believe we all pay for our mistakes. If it hasn't happened yet, I'm pretty sure it will. It doesn't have to be God, it's just a reality of life. And it doesn't have to be extreme to be significant.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,443,266 times
Quote:
Trust me, if God was as people say, my life wouldn't be as is...
in my opinion, that would be the key.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:45 AM

320 posts, read 448,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
And yet... there's that special thread over on the Christian sub-forum right now telling us that He kills babies because they are sinners already, even in the womb!

It's Not a thread telling anyone that he kills babies of the sort, it's! "why do babies die? and per-usual debaters have all different kinds of views, opinions and scriptures!

have a good one, grace and peace!

Old 08-19-2009, 02:01 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,486,982 times
I think god punishes you by surrounding you with his obnoxious acolytes.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:25 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,586,432 times
Quote:
This is a good question, but I think you have asked it for the wrong reason.

You know you have done wrong, but instead of looking at what you have done in the light of how do I make this right, you are looking at it, no one has done anything to me, why is that?

You have the chance, everyday of your life to ask forgiveness of your sins, and you will be forgiven because of the sacrifice that Jesus made for all of us. You just need to ask him to forgive you, BUT you must ask, it is not automatic.

But remember, a sin can be forgiven, but you still must pay the consequences of that sin here on earth.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,917,635 times
I prefer to get forgiveness for any wrongs I do or mistakes I make by going to the person I wronged and making it right rather than begging a third, uninvolved party.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:11 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,048,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

maybe he's building a case against you. maybe that baby will never repent. maybe by allowing you to live this long he's accomplishing someone else--like allowing me to post on your thread here.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:27 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,701,577 times
Quote:
"God" doesn't punish anyone.
Lord, what a notion.
What a projection ... it's all projection.
People punish themselves ... and each other.
They (we) do a really, really good job of it too.
And too often it's justified and/or rationalized in the name of whatever cherished "God".
It's a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality