U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:40 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,796,945 times

Advertisements

After thinking about my old thread about Adam and Eve a number of other questions have popped into my head. These aren't from some website, they're questions I came up with myself. Ok, so God created Adam from dust and Eve from a rib and they were both adults when they were created according to Genesis. Somehow they know how to speak a language which Eve apparently spoke when she was having a conversation with the talking serpant. This even happens on page 2 in Genesis so right off the bat the fall of mankind takes place and Adam and Eve are kicked out of the garden of eden. So my first question is this, how do Adam and Eve know about sex? Neither of them had even seen a baby or a child because there weren't any and yet Eve becomes pregnant and gives birth to Cain. Now how does Eve understand what it means to be pregnant and who delivers the baby? In fact how would they even know what a baby was?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 03:56 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,263,793 times
Strap yourself and your computer down. The absurdity of the answers you will receive may result in you jumping up and down and going off on a Lewis Black type rant and/or throwing your PC out the window.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:05 PM

965 posts, read 866,574 times
Here's your answer: Adam and Eve never existed, and these events never happened.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:05 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,902,538 times
This ought to be fun. Similar questions have popped into my mind too! Usually while in church! : )

Old 05-17-2009, 04:27 PM

4,172 posts, read 5,992,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
After thinking about my old thread about Adam and Eve a number of other questions have popped into my head. These aren't from some website, they're questions I came up with myself. Ok, so God created Adam from dust and Eve from a rib and they were both adults when they were created according to Genesis. Somehow they know how to speak a language which Eve apparently spoke when she was having a conversation with the talking serpant. This even happens on page 2 in Genesis so right off the bat the fall of mankind takes place and Adam and Eve are kicked out of the garden of eden. So my first question is this, how do Adam and Eve know about sex? Neither of them had even seen a baby or a child because there weren't any and yet Eve becomes pregnant and gives birth to Cain. Now how does Eve understand what it means to be pregnant and who delivers the baby? In fact how would they even know what a baby was?
Easy. All the good things needed to enable the above events were due to god, and the bad stuff due to satan/man/woman/serpant.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:42 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,489,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Well, if God created Adam from dust and Eve from Adam's rib, then I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for a baby to be delivered. Adam could have delivered the baby. I mean Adam wasn't dumb from what I read in the bible. He worked, and He also named the animals.

Adam was placed in the garden but it does not say who taught Adam how to work. So, it was only God and Adam. So, it must have been God who taught Him.

God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply. So, if Adam and Eve didn't know what that meant then why would God saw it. So, God either gave them the instinct to understand sex or they were taught.

There were alot of things that Adam and Eve must have learned from God, because they were the only humans that was created at that time. How did they learn how to talk, or walk, or speak, learn how to eat, work. It must have been God. If God can create a human, then it want be hard for Him to teach them.

Gen3:8 Says that Adam and Eve heard the sound of the Lord God walking. Meaning He was walking toward them. So, this leads me to think that if God is walking toward them, then I'm sure that is not their first time spending time with Him and I'm sure that if God was with them, He taught them things.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:20 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,388,004 times
MG,

These are my thoughts, none of them biblical...

Human desire for sex seems to be pretty instinctual, no real instruction needed. Once a woman is pregnant and it is time for that baby to be born, there is once again, no instruction necessary. Sure, an epidural would be a nice touch, but that baby will be born without any further help.

<><

Old 05-17-2009, 09:46 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,829,231 times
Adam didn't deliver any children. The children had to have been delivered by Adam's cocubines.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:35 PM

4,253 posts, read 5,441,849 times
I agree about it being instinctual. It's one of the most basic natural functions there is, no instruction book or man in white coat needed.

I have always had this thought about Adam and Eve though, if Eve was made from Adam's rib then they would be genetically identical so wouldn't Eve have had XY chromosomes instead of XX making her male?

Maybe there is a case for Adam and Steve after all

Old 05-18-2009, 05:26 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,261,910 times
Adam and Eve were not the first humans on earth. The bible tells you that but it's not true. They came thousands of years after the first humans evolved. The garden was actually made for them by other humans so that when they got here, all they had to do was take care of it.
Their children were delivered by midwives.
From what I have read and understand, pain was not something that they endured bacause they were pure. After the fall is when they began to experience the animalistic instincts and tendencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality