U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:32 PM

7,917 posts, read 10,930,535 times
Default What Happened To The Bodies Of Adam And Eve, Noah And Others Who Lived To Be Hundreds Of Years Old?

When Adam and Eve, Noah and all of the others who were said to have lived for many centuries finally died were they buried in known locations with headstones or monuments of some sort? I know that everyone is going to say that the preNoah senior citizens had their remains washed away by the flood but what about Noah himself? I would think that a person of this importance would be buried in an elaborate manner and that we should have historical records of the location but I've never heard of any. I would also think that if scientists were able to examine the remains of an individual who died after living to be hundreds of years old that it would be an incredible discovery that would lend credibility to the stories in Genesis. I realize that there are many people who have searched for Noah's ark for a very long time but what about the remains of Noah himself? Why aren't creationists investigating this line of inquiry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 06:41 PM

19,671 posts, read 7,743,842 times
I always wondered about the graves of King David and King Solomon.

Surely they had an elaborate burial site.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:59 PM

40,060 posts, read 18,444,154 times
An interesting line of speculation! Now that you bring it up, MontanaGuy, it occurs to me that one of the few burial sites specified in Scripture is Abraham's:

"And Isaac and Ishmael his sons buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre." (Genesis 25:9)

As to Adam, Eve, Noah et al., there's absolutely no record of where they were buried.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:34 PM

4,512 posts, read 4,393,188 times
could there probably be a scientifically acceptable answer?

were they left to johncrows?

Old 05-21-2009, 05:53 AM

4,325 posts, read 3,113,298 times
From what I understand, they were burned because that was the rituals that took place then. Naturally, there would be no remains.
These types of questions aren't what the church I work for ask because it's irrelevent to our souls. I will ask around though and maybe get an answer. I'll even look in all of my readings and messages from Noah and Adam and Eve.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:37 AM

4,669 posts, read 1,309,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I always wondered about the graves of King David and King Solomon.

Surely they had an elaborate burial site.

There has been archaelogical evidence found mentioning David. It was quite fashionable to doubt he ever existed until they found a reference to him.

I agree that it would be really cool to find a reference to Noah, Abraham, etc somewhere--either on a gravestone, or elsewhere. But considering it's thousands of years old, and likely covered by thousands of years of dirt if not destroyed or looted already...it's probably like the proverbial needle.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:30 AM

7,917 posts, read 10,930,535 times
When you consider the elaborate monuments to rulers in ancient Egypt that are also thousands of years old it would only seem natural that if Noah had actually existed he would have been considered to be a great man and it would have only been natural to have expected an imposing monument to honour him. As you know I don't believe he even existed and is really a fictional character which would explain why we're never going to find his remains.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:20 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,525,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
When Adam and Eve, Noah and all of the others who were said to have lived for many centuries finally died were they buried in known locations with headstones or monuments of some sort? I know that everyone is going to say that the preNoah senior citizens had their remains washed away by the flood but what about Noah himself? I would think that a person of this importance would be buried in an elaborate manner and that we should have historical records of the location but I've never heard of any. I would also think that if scientists were able to examine the remains of an individual who died after living to be hundreds of years old that it would be an incredible discovery that would lend credibility to the stories in Genesis. I realize that there are many people who have searched for Noah's ark for a very long time but what about the remains of Noah himself? Why aren't creationists investigating this line of inquiry?
The Egyptian had massive burial sites, because they thought that they needed them to be accepted by the god's after death. And that their spirits would know where to travel etc. This is all in reference to the Egyptian book of the dead. The Hebrews and Israelites, do not believe these practices.

Joseph, Had Issac embalmed. They removed his body when they left Egypt. So, there is a chance to finding his body if it can be determined where he was laid to rest. Many of the others like Noah, Shem, Jaseph, ham, etc. may already be found. Just think that the next time you go to a museum and they say these remains were found......they could be the remains of some of these old patriarchs.

Last edited by Nikk; 05-21-2009 at 10:43 AM..

Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
An interesting line of speculation! Now that you bring it up, MontanaGuy, it occurs to me that one of the few burial sites specified in Scripture is Abraham's:

"And Isaac and Ishmael his sons buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre." (Genesis 25:9)

As to Adam, Eve, Noah et al., there's absolutely no record of where they were buried.
If you go to the cave of Machpelah at the end of the field of hte Hittite in Mamre, there is a cave that is hewed out. When you go in there are three shelves. These were the locations of Abraham and Sarah, Issac and Rachel and Jaccob and Leah (Rachel was burried under an Oak tree after she died). The tomb however is empty. There is a great crack that runs through the tomb from some past earthquake. If we look to scriptures it says.

Matt 27:52: "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,53: And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many."

Since this field is 9 miles from Jerusalem, it is a resonable walk. And of anyone in the bible these saints are among the top of the list to be found resurrected and walking in Jerusalem. The earthquake would also coincide with scriptures, since there was a great earthquake at Jesus' death on the cross.

So, some of the saints will not be found because they arose from the dead at this time and walked into Jerusalem and then with Christ into his Kingdom. Remember it is written that Jesus is the first-fruits of the dead. That is because the resurrection of the dead is for all. There will be many. In Revelation it says that the dead in Christ shall rise first. So, those in the grave will rise and meet him in the air before those of us who are alive on the earth will be caught up when he returns.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
When you consider the elaborate monuments to rulers in ancient Egypt that are also thousands of years old it would only seem natural that if Noah had actually existed he would have been considered to be a great man and it would have only been natural to have expected an imposing monument to honour him. As you know I don't believe he even existed and is really a fictional character which would explain why we're never going to find his remains.
There were probably many fancy burial places for the dead in Israel. Remember when Jesus accused the Pharasees?

Luke 11:"47": Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.

These sepulchres have probably mostly been destroyed. Remember the temple was destroyed in 70 AD, but most of Isreal was also laid to waste at this time too.

So, the remains may still be there but the sites of the sepulchres may be difficult to find. There are many excavations occuring is Israel, so I think it is just a matter of time before many interesting things are found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality