Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 03:49 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashima View Post
If god really does not approve of such things, why did he make them in the first place......

That's like me having a fridge filled with my favourite foods and I choose to cook something I hate then I complain about it. How stupid is that? It seems like god likes to tick himself off.
The topic is not if God approves of drugs. It's... how does God feel about people selling illegal drugs. Come on people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 04:03 PM

810 posts, read 1,437,372 times
How does God FEEL about it? IMHO, I think He doesn't approve. Illegal drugs (and even some that we consider to be legal) are harmful to those who take them, as well as to people around them. I would think the drug dealers are bloodguilty for providing such substances. The person taking them is responsible for their actions, but the person supplying the substance is responsible too.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:34 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
If you want to be honest, the main reason people have many problems from drug use is not because they do drugs, but how much they do. Heroin in it's pure form is relatively safe, however, it's never sold 100% pure on the streets. Not only that, but if you're a serious addict, you won't limit yourself. You're not going to take the time to measure out a safe dose and administer it safely.* That's the real problem.

As for me, I smoke weed from time to time (a maximum of two times a week) and do psychedelics (mushrooms, acid, mescaline, DMT, and many other lesser known psychedelics) maybe once or twice a month. I measure out all my doses. Of course, my situation is different though because I'm talking about drugs that have little to no addiction potential. Not only that, but you can't really use psychedelics that often anyway. If you knew the pharmacology of them, you'd know why.

*Note that there are clinics in San Francisco that will now administer safe doses of cocaine and heroin to anybody who will bring it in.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 PM

I'd like to add that I work a pretty good job, graduated school early (a few years ago), and am starting college January.

And the only health problem I have is these annoying allergies.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:08 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times
I have a problem with posing any question to an imaginary friend. Of course I know his answer, because I made him up in my mind.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I have a problem with posing any question to an imaginary friend. Of course I know his answer, because I made him up in my mind.
One of the best posts of this thread.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
he does not like us to defile the holy temple. (your body) with sex, drugs booze or getting the daylights beat out of yourself fencing with people fencing champions 1/4 your age.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:18 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I'd like to add that I work a pretty good job, graduated school early (a few years ago), and am starting college January.

And the only health problem I have is these annoying allergies.

i'm taking a wild guess:

from unidentifyable chemical substances in nutrition you buy and air pollution as a cost-free by-product??

Old 05-22-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
i'm taking a wild guess:

from unidentifyable chemical substances in nutrition you buy and air pollution as a cost-free by-product??
I've had allergies for as long as I can remember. I was just pointing out that I don't have any health problems as a result of the substances I experiment with. I only use pure stuff and I measure out doses. That's the smart way to do it.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:46 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I've had allergies for as long as I can remember. I was just pointing out that I don't have any health problems as a result of the substances I experiment with. I only use pure stuff and I measure out doses. That's the smart way to do it.
ahem .... thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality